Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2015 NFL thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Donald-Driver-discusses-playing-with-Brett-Favre/fb3c7148-f60d-4a1f-b4fd-abc1dc592c5a?campaign=social_content_20150719_49396076&adbid=622813674302894081&adbpl=tw&adbpr=35865630

Apart from Donald Driver's comments, you will find a raft of other articles and videos on The Return at this link (the official Packers site).
Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Pack beat the cheats 22-11 in preseason opener at Foxboro.

Looks like Brady made a token appearance in front of the faithful for a 1/4 passing ratio.

Rodgers had a few more set of downs, throwing for 11/19.

New England's TD was another one of those 55yd runs that our defence seem to enjoy giving up.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks for the report, YFE - I wasn't able to follow the game live but it looks like that run defence is going to be depressing to watch again this year - not only did the Pack let in the 55 yard run, they apparently let the same bloke run in a 2-point conversion. I also worry about 3*4's protection - he got sacked twice in a pre-season game. What are they thinking?
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:54 pm

who do you guys think can win the Superbowl this season?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:58 am

^^^ Seahawks, possibly the Packers (although I am less excited by their prospects than a lot of the commentators - mainly because of their defence), the Colts and the Pats. There are other teams that could come into calculations if their team as a whole steps up because they have great QGs, such as the Ravens and the Steelers. FWIW, I don't presently think the Broncos are much of a chance, despite my personal preference for watching 40 year old QBs who have stayed in the game too long.

I watch the game much more as a fan than an analyst, so I'm sure there are others who have more educated views than mine and can offer a better discussion than I could. What's your view, WOY?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:08 pm

For those who may be interested (OEP will be but he is, no doubt, glued to his TV as I post), Hayne (the former NRL player) is playing in the 49ers' pre-season game today. So far, he has rushed for 63 yards, including a 53 yard run to the opposition's 13-yard line to set up a TD and, in the following series, two short rushes for first downs. With a little under 4 minutes to go until half-time, the 49ers lead the Texans 10:8.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Seahawks, possibly the Packers (although I am less excited by their prospects than a lot of the commentators - mainly because of their defence), the Colts and the Pats. There are other teams that could come into calculations if their team as a whole steps up because they have great QGs, such as the Ravens and the Steelers. FWIW, I don't presently think the Broncos are much of a chance, despite my personal preference for watching 40 year old QBs who have stayed in the game too long.

I watch the game much more as a fan than an analyst, so I'm sure there are others who have more educated views than mine and can offer a better discussion than I could. What's your view, WOY?

agree with all of that, I am a Colts fan I think the addition of Gore gives us chance to go all the way. Seattle will bounce back. My smokey is Detroit provided Megatron plays healthy all season. I don't think Denver are a chance, but I would love to see Peyton win one last time.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:14 pm

I actually think Peyton's lack of mobility is a liability for Denver. That's why I think they've missed out the last three years. It's all very well putting up brilliant numbers and taking he game away from the opposition with scoring power during the season but the best defences don't let that happen in the playoffs. If the Broncos have a chance, it's probably playing off in the SB against the Pack and hoping that they score moderately and that their defence can hold 3*4. I think the Seahawks would eat them alive (again) if the Broncos faced a SB with that match-up.

I think your Colts are more likely to do damage in the SB than Denver, if they can get there. If Gore can still take the pressure of the QB, you certainly have the QB to win the thing.
Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Jordy Nelson out for season with likely ACL rupture.

Jesus wept.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:17 am

Yep, sadly that season-ending ACL has been confirmed. Time for Randall Cobb to take the next step!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:54 am

^^^ Or not. f^%$!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13546678/green-bay-packers-hopeful-wide-receiver-randall-cobb-ready-season-opener
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:15 pm

You got a long way to go before you reach my team desperation level. Hell Rogers could throw the ball to the ball boy and he'd have a 1000 yard reception year.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:35 pm

But you've got Hayne. How will we compete?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:33 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13551526/robert-griffin-iii-future-washington-redskins-coach-jay-gruden-says

RGIII looks to be on the scrapheap, after being drafted at 2 a couple of seasons back. Mind you, I've been very impressed by Cousins when I've watched him.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:36 am

Here's ESPN's rankings of the top 100 players in the NFL this year, based on their "greatness":

J J Watt at 1 (Texans)
3 times 4 at 2 (Pack)
Brady at 3 (Pats)
Suh at 4 (Dolphins)
Gronk at 5 (Pats)
Bryant at 6 (Cowboys)
Calvin "Megatron" Johnson at 7 (Lions)
Sherman at 8 (Seahawks)
Revis at 9 (Jets)
Antonio Brown at 10 (Steelers)
Adrian Peterson at 11 (Vikings)
Andrew Luck at 12 (Colts)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLRANK2015/top-100-players

So, here's a serious question - they say that defence wins Superbowls, so, given the chance, would you trade J J for Rodgers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15   

Jump to: