Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It's so funny because it is true

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:51 pm
Post subject: It's so funny because it is trueReply with quote

Who would have thought that Jacqui Lambie has a great sense of humour😀

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/jacqui-lambie-likens-the-greens-to-islamic-state-in-joke-to-mining-industry-20150703-gi4n1g.html
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

She certainly has a great sense of irony.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:52 am

The sooner she is certified as halal Lambie and shipped off to Syria the better.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:31 am

Harsh but fair, Swoop.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:37 am

She is so Bloody Stupid.

That is why Clive Palmer Picked her

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Lol, except ISIS receives most of its funding from the fossil fuels economy. Like Abbott, these Luddite twits are a terrorist's best friend.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:09 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The sooner she is certified as halal Lambie and shipped off to Syria the better.

So funny because it's so true.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:35 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Lol, except ISIS receives most of its funding from the fossil fuels economy. Like Abbott, these Luddite twits are a terrorist's best friend.

ISIS receives funding in various ways such as:

1). Private donations from wealthy people from countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait;
2). Enforcing non-Muslims in the areas they control to pay tax plus gold known as the 'jizya' and also imposing a tax on Muslims living in the area as well
3). Through extortion and using the black market to their advantage to sell oil.

It's been reported from various sources that they make $3,000,000 US everyday, but yes oil is the pivotal area of why they're generating such high revenue every day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/22/isis-funding_n_5850286.html

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:37 pm

^Remember, much of the money from the big private donors in the oil economies of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait you mention also comes from oil.

As I keep saying, if you want to reform the Middle East, you need to create an actual, real regional economy based on decentralised competitive forces. The rest is pissing in the wind, or should I say pissing into the pockets of military and security contractors.

Green energy is the terrorist's biggest enemy. They'd be loving the free public relations Tony Abbott is doing for their primary funding source.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:30 am

Yes you are right and it's also worth noting that you need to explore the strand of thought known as Wahhabism and Kharijism to understand why such funding comes from these countries on top of the fossil fuels economy that you refer to.

Also you may have already seen these articles that I've linked below but if you haven't it's worth reading and I found them interesting as they pretty much align with your own thoughts on this topic.

Now these articles don't adequately address the internal politics of Syria and Iraq and the associated sectarianism existed in these countries in my opinion and the reasons as to why groups like ISIS emerge rather than pinpointing it all to western intervention whereas I find the origins of groups of ISIS exist in other forms on top of western intervention but that's just my opinion.

http://time.com/3404424/isis-military-action/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/anders-lorenzen/fossil-fuels_b_5520299.html

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:59 am

Jezza wrote:
Yes you are right and it's also worth noting that you need to explore the strand of thought known as Wahhabism and Kharijism to understand why such funding comes from these countries on top of the fossil fuels economy that you refer to.

Also you may have already seen these articles that I've linked below but if you haven't it's worth reading and I found them interesting as they pretty much align with your own thoughts on this topic.

Now these articles don't adequately address the internal politics of Syria and Iraq and the associated sectarianism existed in these countries in my opinion and the reasons as to why groups like ISIS emerge rather than pinpointing it all to western intervention whereas I find the origins of groups of ISIS exist in other forms on top of western intervention but that's just my opinion.

http://time.com/3404424/isis-military-action/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/anders-lorenzen/fossil-fuels_b_5520299.html

Western intervention helped prise the lid off the box, but the toxic brew was already bubbling. We'll never know when it would have blown.

While I don't agree with ptid's prejudice against the oil companies, it is certainly true that few things corrupt like unearned wealth, and the pan-Arab wars of the last 30 years or so are proof of that. They are mostly wars over resources, wealth and power, using Islam as the flag. ISIS is one particularly vile strand. The sooner the oil age goes, the better, though the technology is not there yet. Of course, as the oil-pie shrinks, the viciousness of the Arab wars will probably intensify.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: