Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#25 Jack Crisp

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You measure players by their ability to stand up against the best.
Hes been good all year but I reckon he arrived last night.

'' A grader '' includes consistency over a reasonable period. If he is playing at this level consistently in 12 months time, he would be thereabouts.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:37 am

Beams is a very good player - not elite but an A grader because he has delivered over many seasons now.

He is not elite because he has not played his best footy in finals.

Crisp seems to have a better/ harder defensive side to his game - his chasing and tackling - probably due to his extra size makes him more imposing than Beams. His run is better also. Beams was very good at finding the right time to drift fwd and kick big goals and Crisp is showing that he can do that also!

Overall I am thinking Crisp is B++ but last night was an A game against quality opposition and he is on the rise - more valuable than Sidey in the modern game due to his grunt and explosion from the clearances. SIdey is more of an outside player and endurance runner and lacks the explosion, but hey - we have em both Smile

Back on topic…with JDG improving and Greenwood getting healthier each week it is pretty obvious that the Pies have done extremely well with the Beams exit we are well overs and by this time next year it will be even more obvious Smile

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:43 am

Pies2016 wrote:
You measure players by their ability to stand up against the best.
Hes been good all year but I reckon he arrived last night.

'' A grader '' includes consistency over a reasonable period. If he is playing at this level consistently in 12 months time, he would be thereabouts.

as others have said, a prolonged period of consistency and a bit more polish will see him attain that status. doesn't have the class that is immediately apparent in others but he has the potential.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:53 am

Yes
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:50 pm

I don't think Crisp will ever be a true A grader but he doesn't have to be. He gives us great service defensively and allows us to run with different options in the middle.

I love him and I hope he keeps getting better

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:13 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
I don't think Crisp will ever be a true A grader but he doesn't have to be. He gives us great service defensively and allows us to run with different options in the middle.

I think Crisp will be a true A grader but he doesn't have to be. He gives us great service defensively and allows us to run with different options in the middle.

I love him and I hope he keeps getting better. Wink
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:43 pm

^^^^^Pfffffft! You don't know what you're talking about!

😄

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:44 pm

No disrespect to Dayne Beams who was a great servant of the Club, but if Derek Hine had to choose one of Dayne Beams and Jack Crisp right now he would, at the very least, have to think twice - especially when you factor in current salary of each and remaining career seasons.

A huge win for the Pies.

(And that's leaving aside the rest of that deal being pick 4(5) J De Goey, pick 20ish Levi Greenwood and the late pick we gave away).

I think Hine has done pretty well in trading when you look back on Dawes and Wellingham being converted into 2 picks in the late teens, trading up the draft order to get Schareberg and Freeman (although we haven't opened those Xmas presents yet) and Lumumba being converted into 20s pick->Varcoe.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:12 pm

The other thing is that hypothetically speaking say the Caff was up and running and was our tagger he goes to Mitchell. If he keeps Mitchell to 20 touches and say has 8-10 himself then we deem this a success. However to tag Mitchell he starts in the centre square and we are already weaker in here and although might get a clearance his primary job is to stop Mitchell so he is not worried about trying to win the ball unless it's hit down his throat.

Having Crisp as a run with player then all of a sudden we have 3 genuine clearance players at the bounce and Mitchell although not tagged has to worry about what influence his opponent is having. I would prefer for Mitchell to have 30 and Crisp get 28 and kick a goal or 2 than the tagging scenario.

cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:55 am

Guys...think about it...

We got for Beams:

Jordan De Goey (a 250 game CFC legend if ever I have seen one)
Jack Crisp (will play 200+ games in Black & White)
Levi Greenwood (2nd in Norf's B&F last year and he starred in their preliminary finals loss)

FFS! West Coast Eagles didn't net that much for Chris Judd when he went to Carlton!

I am REALLY happy with the way things are shaping up at the moment.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:22 am

Deja Vu wrote:

Was Scott Burns an A-grader? I considered him an A-Grader. I see so much of Scott Burns in Crisp. If Scott Burns was an A-grader, I think Jack can also become one.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:25 am

cooldewd wrote:
Guys...think about it...

We got for Beams:

Levi Greenwood (2nd in Norf's B&F last year and he starred in their preliminary finals loss)

FFS! West Coast Eagles didn't net that much for Chris Judd when he went to Carlton!

depends if you are looking at assets acquired or the results of those assets. They were given a star CHF at the beginning of his career (plus I think 4 and 20). We got around the same level of draft picks, but I don't think Crisp is the caliber of Josh Kennedy.

the fact that our draft assets appear to have been used better doesn't change the assets we were given (and by the way, De Goey has played 5 games). Lee Walker looked this good after 5 games too remember......

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:27 am

Johnno75 wrote:
The other thing is that hypothetically speaking say the Caff was up and running and was our tagger he goes to Mitchell. If he keeps Mitchell to 20 touches and say has 8-10 himself then we deem this a success. However to tag Mitchell he starts in the centre square and we are already weaker in here and although might get a clearance his primary job is to stop Mitchell so he is not worried about trying to win the ball unless it's hit down his throat.

Having Crisp as a run with player then all of a sudden we have 3 genuine clearance players at the bounce and Mitchell although not tagged has to worry about what influence his opponent is having. I would prefer for Mitchell to have 30 and Crisp get 28 and kick a goal or 2 than the tagging scenario.

Mitchell was relatively ineffective for most of the game. We really held him in check pretty well. I know he got 30 touches, but he didn't shred us like he has in the past. We finally had bodies in the middle to compete with him and that meant the ball in dispute was a contest. In other games against the hawks, they implemented the spread on us completely safe in the knowledge that Mitchell would clear it to them out of the congestion.

cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:42 am

E wrote:
cooldewd wrote:
Guys...think about it...

We got for Beams:

depends if you are looking at assets acquired or the results of those assets. They were given a star CHF at the beginning of his career (plus I think 4 and 20). We got around the same level of draft picks, but I don't think Crisp is the caliber of Josh Kennedy.

the fact that our draft assets appear to have been used better doesn't change the assets we were given (and by the way, De Goey has played 5 games). Lee Walker looked this good after 5 games too remember......

Lee Walker came to us with an injury history the length of your arm.

He never looked good for more than a quarter before breaking down.

Did he ever play five FULL games much less five games on the trot?

Didn't think so.

De Goey is a superstar in the making. It is as obvious as dogs you know what.

Crisp is a surprise packet that will give our midfield that extra grunt that we need and Greenwood only has to play at somewhere near last years level (where he averaged 25 disposals a game) and happy days are here.

Kennedy ended up being a star, but Masten? Pick 20 got them Tony Notte? Who IS Tony Notte?

We cleaned up big time and will be the beneficiaries for years to come.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:09 am

Johnno75 wrote:

SNAP

People are forgetting crisp has been a run with player. Not the hard tag type but he hasn't had the freedom to play pure mid.
Beams never tagged in his life and never will. He only runs one way. You could live with that as a known quantity if he kept hitting the scoreboard and had an experienced list. We don't have that experience and need all our Mids to run both ways.
What I was most worried about loosing beams was the goals. Crisp is doing that and in terms of his role in the team way way more.
If greenwood or Caff came back and crisp didn't have to run with ......
Wow - A grader all day long. Bit like mundy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 21 of 43   

Jump to: