Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Honourable Losses do exist, for now, anyway !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:01 pm
Post subject: Honourable Losses do exist, for now, anyway !Reply with quote

Yes folks, honourable losses most certainly exist, as evidenced in our last two outings. Freo and Dawks may well be this years GF, and yet this very young and inexperienced team of ours, gave each one hell of a fight and fright . We have improved markedly from last season, when both these teams smashed us, too nearly pinch both games from these two old sides is remarkable. We dominated the Piss and Poop in the third qtr, had Fasolo kicked straight, we would have gone four goals up at three qtr time. And THATS the area we need to clean up and rectify, our woeful and wasteful kicking for goal. Our three main forwards all squandered chances, Fas being the worst. Until we get our goalkicking right, we wont be a top four team yet, that is the last piece in the young Magpies puzzle to fix. Notice how when the dawks attack, they NEVER miss soda goals, their accuracy is amazing, thats how they won it.
Oh, and it sure helps to be the umps pets like they are, four goals from frees, and that shocker to little mongrel Rioli was an absolute shocker, he outdid Sellwood with that duck, and that free turned the whole game, we lost our momentum then. Dont ever tell me the Piss and Poop arent a protected species by the umps !
But still had we kicked straight we would have won, bottom line. Like all of us, i was thrilled with our tackles, pressure, one percenters, gang tackles, our roughing up of Hodge, our relentless heat and aggression, we were fantastic. !
The future is brilliant, make no mistake for this young team, and if we can make the Finals, we may cause some major mayhem, with our new found confidence and hard at it attitude. Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. disagree. they weren't honourable losses. we should have won both.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:39 pm

Your a hard man Johnny, we shoulda and coulda but didnt, but you can still see massive upsides in our overall development, we have improved vastly from our last outings against those two powerhouse clubs. I thought you were going too enjoy the ride, isnt that what you said, come what may ?

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:46 pm

indeed i am (and am going to) enjoy the ride. you may not have caught this post from today.

Quote:
i am not sure how any supporter can be disappointed with where this team is at considering how far back it has come from. that we run two of the comp's leading teams to within 2 goals is a terrific effort. sure we could and should have won both. it was not an honourable loss from a team that is playing above itself. the upside has been laid out fair and square for all to see. if we were having the development year many have said we are having i doubt we'd have got so close. young players are going to have their inconsistencies but we were able to cover it for the most part. that we played two debutants and got little return from one of them speaks volumes for the systems in place. we won all the key stats counts and let ourselves down with the goal kicking. hawthorn's experience got them over the line. it wasn't their young brigade either that did this either.

we're well and truly on our way. toot toot.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:03 am

John Wren wrote:
indeed i am (and am going to) enjoy the ride. you may not have caught this post from today.

Quote:
i am not sure how any supporter can be disappointed with where this team is at considering how far back it has come from. that we run two of the comp's leading teams to within 2 goals is a terrific effort. sure we could and should have won both. it was not an honourable loss from a team that is playing above itself. the upside has been laid out fair and square for all to see. if we were having the development year many have said we are having i doubt we'd have got so close. young players are going to have their inconsistencies but we were able to cover it for the most part. that we played two debutants and got little return from one of them speaks volumes for the systems in place. we won all the key stats counts and let ourselves down with the goal kicking. hawthorn's experience got them over the line. it wasn't their young brigade either that did this either.

we're well and truly on our way. toot toot.

Fair enough Johnny, and if it wasnt for Rilio and his Oscar acting career, we would have won, but we learn from our defeats, of that i have no doubt. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: