Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Something is up with Elliot.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

As Bucks stated at the Press Conference, Jamie needs to 'get out of his own way' at times. I feel he has very high expectations, and that he can 'think too much' about achieving, than naturally playing the game according to his skills.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:09 am

Culprit wrote:
He is a gun forward who now get's targeted and tagged by the opposition. That is why Buckley is moving him around.

Agree. He is now a serious threat to the opposition and they just put more time into him. The onus is on our other small forwards to get busy, draw some attention from the defenders and Billy will soon find his mojo again.
Geelongpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Awwww that's a little embarrassing it seems he has signed 😕😕
Sorry about this pointless topic then.
It's made my day though knowing he is staying with us, that's good news after last night which was one of the most frustrating games I can remember.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:19 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Small forwards go missing. They have since football was invented and it becomes more apparent in finals.

Cyril?

But I confess I was watching Elliot last night and found myself wondering if he's the new Leon Davis. Embarassed
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Was getting a talking to on the bench at some point last night by Bucks and he didn't look happy. Bucks was having to make a point of making him look him in the eye while he was speaking to him. Jamie looked shitty. Frustration most likely. Still learning how to stay focused as learn his trade.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Don't think anything much is up other than he's finally been noticed. It's now up to him to overcome the closer attention and blocking tactics.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Dangles wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Small forwards go missing. They have since football was invented and it becomes more apparent in finals.

Cyril?

But I confess I was watching Elliot last night and found myself wondering if he's the new Leon Davis. Embarassed

he has a long way to go before he can aspire to be Leon Davis! he had a lot of haters, but gee the guy could flat out play footy.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:07 pm

I suspect he's having a little difficulty adjusting to having Fasolo playing a similar role in our forward line. But I'm sure he'll come good. He's a genuine A star player.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Could have taken mark of the year in the first quarter.

Bummer he didn't hold it.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:19 pm

Dangles wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Cyril?

Cyril goes missing a lot. Don't buy int the Bruce hype.

The worst thing about Elliot loss of form is that he looks like a twat when he flies for a screamer and misses it.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:43 pm
Post subject: Re: Something is up with Elliot.Reply with quote

Geelongpie wrote:
Ever since his great performance against the Roos something very bad has come over Billy's efforts.
It was around that same time that resigning of his contract has also gone very hush hush.
Does anyone have any info of when and if it's even guaranteed Elliot will be staying a pie?

What a stupid question. He signs a contract and then you ask is he guaranteed to be a Pie??

innocent_criminal 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:30 pm

The other issue is that opposition teams now put far more work into his game & defe defenders are working out how to limit his effectiveness... It's an evolution of having a great talented forward & he is learning the need to have plan B when he's been worked out..
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:55 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Elliott has, by far, the most talent of the 3. He's also kicked 60 goals in his last 30 games (including tonight's blank), whereas Fasolo's kicked about 60 at about 1 per game over his entire career. Also, Elliott kicked 2 last week (and 6 over 3 games since the North match). He's certainly been down but given his extraordinary accuracy and his consistent 2-goal per game output (bettered only at Collingwood, of course, by Cloke in current times) he's unlikely to be left out unless he has an injury that they think will prevent him playing to an adequate standard. The TV showed Buckley speaking intently to him on the bench in the second quarter, so I guess we'll see what turns up over the next few days.

Exactly. Even when he's having a bad game he still runs and chases and tackles. Fas WAS getting demoted when he had a bad game because he wasn't offering any of that. Since Fas has gotten back in to the seniors he's actually doing all of that so the likelihood of him being dropped is reduced.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Being heavily targeted each week. He just needs to learn to find a way to influence the game in other ways, like a Steve Johnson does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: