Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tony Abbott - how long will he last as Prime Minister?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
think positive wrote:

Just because it's hard doesn't make it impossible. My feeling Dave, is, if they did their job properly, stopped people cheating, claiming single parents pension, when they are not, refusing to look for work, not accepting jobs they see as beneath them, and those on a disablitliy pension that shouldn't be, then people like you, who really need help, would get all the help they need. Extra funding to assist you, to learn and get more out of life, and maybe even get some kind of job. Cheats on welfare are not just cheating tax payers, they are cheateing the real needy. The sick, the poor, the elderly.

Spend money on resources instead of first class airfares and chauffeurs for politicians, cut their ridiculous pensions, and actually care about the community.Public Nursing homes are a disgrace, and an embarrassment, a shame on our society. That's how we treat our elders?

The whole world needs turning upside down, priorities need sorting. It's a big ask, probably too big.

Cheers

Well said TP!

cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:08 pm

David wrote:
Honestly, it doesn't make me cringe nearly as much as it would if Rudd or Gillard did it. Or Shorten, for that matter.

Some people are natural beer chuggers and some aren't. Rudd's preferred tipple is probably orange juice, while Gillard likely played the odd game of goon-of-fortune on the hills hoist in her younger years. Howard drinks the blood of refugees. Shorten's the kind of guy who walks into a pub in his suit, orders a single beer (Tooheys) and then goes home and watches an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. And Tony? Well, if his Prime Ministership is anything to go by, this is him in his natural habitat.

judgemental much?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:10 pm

My post may not have been entirely serious. Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:45 pm

David wrote:
My post may not have been entirely serious. Wink

Yeah

There is always a bit of true feelings in jokes

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:34 pm

He told a business breakfast this morning that they can try the unemployed before they buy under the LNP's new Slavery Plan.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:37 am

**I'm very sorry to repeat myself, and I'm very tired of doing it. But like Iraq before it, the mistakes being made here are obviously not a matter for social niceties. Frankly, I just want to free myself of the care factor and get on with other stuff. Watching this unfold shites me to tears no end, I can tell you.

Yes Tony "My reactionary 1960s foreign policy helped create ISIS in the vacuum left by my reckless Afghanistan and Iraq support, then I made coordination with Indonesia far more difficult than ever before, not to mention that I helped create a public relations dream for terrorist recruiting" Abbott, the risk is much worse.

Anyone who has understood the broader world-scale problem knows you have been central to making it much worse from your time under Howard until today. Thanks a lot, George W., you effing genius.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/prime-minister-tony-abbott-beefs-up-counterterrorism-campaign-20150525-gh8zlw.html

Folks, stop defending this dickhead's self-centred, brain-dead policies; clearly only regional economic transformation in the Middle East and abouts, based on the elimination of the oil economy and the dictators and loons and distorted economies it funds, can beat hatred that widespread and driven.

You can only ever break down the authoritarian power of ideology and dictatorships with proper economic development. We know this full well; we teach it in classrooms day after day at the best universities across the world; we have seen it happen in countries all across the world; so cut the BS, smash the global oil gangs, and move to green energy which is now exploding as a technology.

That's what serious leadership looks like, and it's the only thing that will deflate the broader mass of extremism, and instability creating extremism.

The best local security we all depend on also cannot hold if we don't deflate this massive, world-scale problem. Moreover, the cost of fighting the growing global terrorist destabilisation weakens the economy, making it even harder to spend adequately on local security.

And surely anyone who understands human psychology knows that hating on minority groups just breeds more hatred and creates new angry loons. Just how completely undisciplined and irresponsible is this moron? Rolling Eyes

Outdated twits like Abbott plainly do not understand the global reality of 2015. The US is dealing with its own decline and outdated fools, so it cannot be relied upon to make sane decisions to both deal with this problem, and then help China succeed and blend into a balanced world system peacefully.

Let's find leaders who understand this ASAP—and by all indications that excludes that empty cardboard cutout, Shorten.

^%$^ing hell it's frustrating watching complete idiots like Abbott and his dumb friends making everyone's life worse and much less safe Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

[Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Let it go.]

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:25 am

With the Media having a field day with Terrorism the LNP will call an early election and will be returned into office. Talk about the gift that keeps on gifting.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:47 am

I doubt they'd do that, Culprit, not while they're still behind (or, at best, equal) in the polls. Why go for an early election when they can spend another 15 months returning to the well of terrorism panic and get another Santa Claus budget through, all the while capitalising on voters' (very) short memories?

I know some Labor people would be breathing a sigh of relief that Abbott's seemingly sticking around for the next election, because it means that they have at worst a fighting chance. But I can't help but feel that a successful leadership spill would have been the death blow for extreme-right politics here and marked an opportunity for the Liberal Party and our country's politics to move into the 21st century.

As it stands, there's a very real prospect that Abbott could be back in to hold up development and social progress for another three years. The only silver lining to that particular black cloud of doom is that Labor might have a moment of clarity and have some kind of Whitlamesque renaissance in time for 2019. But I wouldn't exactly be putting my house on that.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:28 pm

As the polls continue to favour the LNP and are increasing in their favour they will call one later this year. The Media are running a fear campaign and Abbott know's that fear wins votes. This is why the LNP are spruiking policies that legally won't stand up, but they will get the votes.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:52 am

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
I dunno. Not all disabilities are permanent. And not all physically disabled people are unable to contribute to a war effort.

Not saying it wasn't a rort (it may well have been), but things are getting beyond ridiculous when this is considered a talking point.

{shakes head}

Of course it was a rort you idiot.

Man Monis was also on the dole.

But our social security benefits have absolutely no bearing on why "refugees" choose to want to come here. Rolling Eyes

Hands up anyone who doesn't know someone rorting centrelink. My hand's down.

And you know this how? Do you also know for a fact that all of the 55 individuals Abbott refers to were dole bludgers and not receiving welfare legitimately?

Not that I want to justify his stupid dog-whistling by getting into a discussion about the finer details, but were these 55 people permanently unemployed, or did they just at one point in their lives get the dole? Because if the latter, what a storm in a storm in a teacup. Hands up who has never been on Newstart, ever.

Well, well, well.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/may/27/story-of-australian-jihadis-overseas-and-on-the-dole-turns-out-to-be-a-furphy?CMP=soc_567

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:51 am

^LOL...

Stui magpie learning first lesson about News Corp.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:52 am

Are you free?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30   

Jump to: