Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Greenwood, the domino effect

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenwood and Adams should work really well together
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:05 am

Greenwood will be a great recruit for us. Some are skeptical of him because he's a late bloomer but if he can replicate what he did at North last year to what he does here for the next few years with us we've got a very good player on our hands. He'll be a very handy addition to a midfield that already has plenty of depth as it is.

My concern about Greenwood is that he may plan a run with role as we're seeing Jack Crisp doing so well at the moment. Greenwood seems to play his best football when he has the freedom to play without the concern of his direct opponent so to speak. That's why he was at North Melbourne last year but I do remember Bucks saying that Greenwood would play in the midfield most of the time but he didn't specifically say how he would play him so this is pure speculation. Levi does remind me of Jordan Lewis and we need a bit of mongrel in the team so hopefully we see this from him.

Greenwood won't be a spectacular player to watch but his in and under work and winning the hard ball gets is what will win people over no matter what kind of role he plays. He showed enough in the pre-season that he would have played in round 1 had he not fractured his ankle. Hopefully he's not too far away from playing because I can't wait to see him play and finally debut for the club!

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:17 am

Cant believe some people are saying wont be best 22??? have you seen this guy play, will be our best midfielder straight of the bat!

This will free up Swan (more so ) & Pendle's to the forward line.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:25 pm

You annoint him our best midfielder and then mention Swanny and Pendles in the very next breath?!?!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Cant believe some people are saying wont be best 22??? have you seen this guy play, will be our best midfielder straight of the bat!

This will free up Swan (more so ) & Pendle's to the forward line.

I hope you are right.
roar 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:47 pm

You don't sign a guy up on good coin for four years to have him play VFL. He's seen as a first string midfielder, no doubt.
Cleomenes 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:07 pm

he will certainly come "back" (he hasn't been yet) through the VFL. Perhaps for only one week, but not an instant inclusion.
I agree that he should make a difference when he gets there, but I'm not as sold as some on Pendlebury and Swan spending a lot of time forward as a result. I see their trips forward as tag breaking exercises for the most part. Swan in particular plays much better on the ball. The presence of Greenwood should mean that either one can "rest" forward more, and with less worries about the loss of drive in the middle.
Remember though, that a broken leg is not trivial.

RickyWatt23 Sagittarius

RickyWatt23

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:35 pm

I'd expect him to play half a game in the vfl in 2 weeks, then at least 2 full games in the vfl to get match fitness then maybe back in the firsts for the game against the hawks or the week after against Port - all being well that his injury and fitness holds up - will be a major inclusion to the midfield as he will take a lot of heat off Pendles and Swanny.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:47 pm

roar wrote:
You don't sign a guy up on good coin for four years to have him play VFL. He's seen as a first string midfielder, no doubt.

I think the reason for skepticism is that our beloved white had a single stellar year with the swans before joining us.

Greenwood likewise has had one stellar year with the roos.

He is to a degree unproven over the journey.

In saying that we are well overdue for one of our senior experienced recruits to pay off. Since Leigh brown we have dabbled with Russel, young, Qstick and white for servicible return. I would argue varcoe has been handy and perhaps a smidge above serviceable.

We a due for one of these guys to really give us some above average return. Let's hope greenwood is that guy as he certainly has the years and upside ahead of him when compared to the above mentioned.

For mine, he's still a wait and see.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:54 pm

September Zeros wrote:
roar wrote:

I think the reason for skepticism is that our beloved white had a single stellar year with the swans before joining us.

No he didn't. He's never been better than serviceable.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:29 pm

roar wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
roar wrote:

No he didn't. He's never been better than serviceable.

His 2013 season , especially the back half of the season was well above servicible. Look it up.

We recruited him on the end of that believing he could carry on that form into 2014 and beyond.

He hasn't

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Last edited by September Zeros on Thu May 28, 2015 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:36 pm

White just managed one good game against a cellar dweller, there's still hope. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: