Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Roos - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
While it is true that momentum swings are an integral part of the game, and even the very best teams cannot nowadays maintain an iron grip across the entire game, I think that Bucks is entirely correct in pointing out that we need to get better at containing the impact of momentum swings against us. So in the GC game we did just that...they got a real run on in the 2nd Quarter, and this time we improved on the Richmond and Geelong games by reducing the damage significantly. I think it is largely irrelevant to point out that GC is far lower in quality than the other two. Momentum swings are largely independent, at that instant, of the calibre of teams. The psychology for that time frame becomes the dominant factor. So we have to develop the strategies and the mental toughness to "weather the storm", roll back the momentum, so that normal conditions prevail and the relative strengths of the two teams becomes once again the determining factor. And the pleasing thing is that our team is really developing a toughness and grit which will allow this to happen.

Watching the replay, I noticed that Swan took control of the contest in the last few minutes of the second quarter. White did well - and took the chances that came to him in that period - but the Suns had owned the football for the previous 10 minutes and the Great Dane just stopped them in their tracks.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:27 am

Will be a tough game , they will be sooking, having sidey back will add class , he always lifts against north . So does Fas. Goldstein will be hard to counter hopefully he goes down on report.

www.facebook/the hybernators
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:54 am

Anyone heard anything on Frosty? Is he out? Is it just a corky or something worse?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Donny wrote:
Why ?

Always better to play a team coming off a win.

Unless it's the week after they've travelled to WA!
All (bar 1, GWS) teams that have played at Subiaco Oval this season , lose their next game 👍

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:38 pm

I think it's important we win this game.

We have smacked the bottom 4 teams (baring round 1 last qtr fadeout to Bris, but did lead by as much as 50) and then of the other 4 teams we have played that are in that middle bracket of 10 teams we have only beaten 1.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:17 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Johnno75 wrote:

We have smacked the bottom 4 teams (baring round 1 last qtr fadeout to Bris, but did lead by as much as 50) and then of the other 4 teams we have played that are in that middle bracket of 10 teams we have only beaten 1.

A loss to North would spell the end of our GF ambitions and warrant the resignation of Eddie and the Board.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:54 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

A loss to North would spell the end of our GF ambitions and warrant the resignation of Eddie and the Board.

You are kidding, aren't you? North are a very good side. They might not be as good as Freemantle, Sydney and Hawthorn, but they are up there as a potential top 4 side. They will enter the game as firm favourites. The main thing for us is to be competitive and stay with them and not have any lapses in concentration and allow them to get away from us. I wouldn't be expecting us to knock them off and we if do it would be a bonus for us. I just want us to be competitive but gee whiz, some of our supporters just get carried away don't they?
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Changes for me would be

In Toovey
Out broomhead

Toovey brown wiliams

Langdon. Frost. Goldsack

Sidebottom swan seedsman

Fasolo cloke. Varcoe

Elliot white Witts

Foll Grundy pendels adams

Inter oxley crisp de goey Blair

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Can someone please just smash Lindsay Thomas. Come on, Frosty.
Kosh 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:11 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Defender wrote:
We have a major issue regarding our second KB, damn, if Reid's fit we may have to roll th dice.

Supermarsh to the rescue!

Very Happy

pies4shaw & I made the exact same comment on Saturday, Bat. He probably isn't ready, but good grief it will be exciting to see him on the park.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:27 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Well said by our resident Corio 5 star secret Caaaarlton admirer. Exclamation Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:41 am

Due to a broken down gimpy leg and travelling this will be my first game. Hope the boys can put in a blinder. There game style has never really bothered us hopefully we give them a spanking.
surfer1 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
While it is true that momentum swings are an integral part of the game, and even the very best teams cannot nowadays maintain an iron grip across the entire game, I think that Bucks is entirely correct in pointing out that we need to get better at containing the impact of momentum swings against us. So in the GC game we did just that...they got a real run on in the 2nd Quarter, and this time we improved on the Richmond and Geelong games by reducing the damage significantly. I think it is largely irrelevant to point out that GC is far lower in quality than the other two. Momentum swings are largely independent, at that instant, of the calibre of teams. The psychology for that time frame becomes the dominant factor. So we have to develop the strategies and the mental toughness to "weather the storm", roll back the momentum, so that normal conditions prevail and the relative strengths of the two teams becomes once again the determining factor. And the pleasing thing is that our team is really developing a toughness and grit which will allow this to happen.

Watching the replay, I noticed that Swan took control of the contest in the last few minutes of the second quarter. White did well - and took the chances that came to him in that period - but the Suns had owned the football for the previous 10 minutes and the Great Dane just stopped them in their tracks.

Yes in that period Swan just monster end everything
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Hopefully Cloke stays at CHF this week
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:42 am

Great news about Frost and it looks like Toovey will be back for this match! Very Happy

Quote:
Magpie Jack Frost cleared of hamstring injury

COLLINGWOOD defender Jack Frost has been cleared of serious hamstring damage, with the club expecting he will be OK to play against North Melbourne at the MCG on Sunday.

Frost was substituted out of Saturday night's clash with Gold Coast in the third quarter, after sustaining a blow to his right hamstring in a marking contest.

Magpies football manager Neil Balme said it was best case scenario with Frost.

"He had a bit of a hamstring issue. We were hoping that it was only a corked hamstring, which it appears that it is. It's not a strain," Balme told the club's website.

"We are very confident he'll be able to play this week. He’ll be tested but we’re pretty sure he’ll get up."

The Magpies also expect luckless defender Ben Reid to play in the VFL against Coburg this weekend, but he will also have to pass a fitness test.

Alan Toovey, who missed the trip to the Gold Coast with a jarred knee, should also be fit to take on the Kangaroos on Sunday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-25/magpie-jack-frost-cleared-of-hamstring-injury

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: