Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

J Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashman wrote:
Brown is a wanker (though a great player).

Now where did the threads on Dunstall go? I had more to say about that biased turd.

Apparently you can't start threads about biased commentary, or the great powers in the sky will deactivate your account...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Flashman wrote:
Brown is a wanker (though a great player).

Now where did the threads on Dunstall go? I had more to say about that biased turd.

I thought the same thing about Dunstall. really poor when personal feelings take over a commentator.

I mean white nearly had his head removed.

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:00 pm

melliot wrote:
What about Jason Dunstall and Brown saying the hip and shoulder into Whites head was play on and not a free. Complete imbisiles. How do they get a job commentating on footy. NFI.

2 players going for the ball, play on, they said.
Funny, those 2 biased Collingwood haters must've been the only 2 to see it like that - as what really happened was 1 player went for the ball whilst the other tucked up to protect himself making no attempt on the ball at all.
Free kick every day of the year including leap years!

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:30 pm

I really don't mind J. Brown but that little hissy fit by piggy Dunstall over the White free was straight out barracking and very unprofessional. Could not believe what I was hearing
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:33 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Notice JB has worn the same jeans on the couch since he began? Denim Blue with two solid side stitching.... Must pong by now!

Can't help thinking why you would even notice that, let alone share it.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:40 pm

When the commentators are doing their job I pretty much switch off. They are all biased I can't believe the bitching about what they say. Seriously who cares?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:12 am

I dont think Caketin Head is too bad I think he can be a little objective. Huddo and Dunstall were much worse. Dermie is the best colour man in the game and has the fake hair to match.

www.facebook/the hybernators
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:34 am

Culprit wrote:
When the commentators are doing their job I pretty much switch off. They are all biased I can't believe the bitching about what they say. Seriously who cares?

Its simply people stating they thought the commentary was poor form. There just happens to be a lot of people who agree on that thought. So I can understand how you have made the mistake that people are "bitching" about it. A thought which in its own right is an over reaction.

Its seems a pretty numerous opinion that they (the commentators) were somewhat unprofessional.

I don't see the problem with people expressing that opinion en mass. It's not like its a weekly complaint.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:25 pm

When I sat down to watch the grand final last year, I turned the sound down and put the ABC commentary on. I found the commentary much better than Bruce and co. Sadly the game petered out to a one sided walk over, and my interest became less as the afternoon wore on.

Many people used to turn down the volume for the Rugby League Grand Final and State of Origin, and tune into Roy and HG.

These days there seems to be a slight delay in digital TV so the ABC radio commentary happens a half second too quickly. So the effect is ruined. It does help when channel 7 puts and ad on after every goal...
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:51 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
When I sat down to watch the grand final last year, I turned the sound down and put the ABC commentary on. I found the commentary much better than Bruce and co. Sadly the game petered out to a one sided walk over, and my interest became less as the afternoon wore on.

Many people used to turn down the volume for the Rugby League Grand Final and State of Origin, and tune into Roy and HG.

These days there seems to be a slight delay in digital TV so the ABC radio commentary happens a half second too quickly. So the effect is ruined. It does help when channel 7 puts and ad on after every goal...

I used to do likewise but you are 100% correct......the delay kills it.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:06 am

selkevh wrote:
Isn't he the patron for Qld Greyhound Racing?

Says it all.

He got the job because he's a rabbit.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:47 am

King Monkey wrote:
melliot wrote:
What about Jason Dunstall and Brown saying the hip and shoulder into Whites head was play on and not a free. Complete imbisiles. How do they get a job commentating on footy. NFI.

Funny, those 2 biased Collingwood haters must've been the only 2 to see it like that - as what really happened was 1 player went for the ball whilst the other tucked up to protect himself making no attempt on the ball at all.

After watching multi-angle replays, it seemed to me that the Suns player should have been given a few weeks holiday for the hit - he wasn't contesting the mark and he elected to go through White with the hip/elbow. From the MRP statement, it doesn't even read that they looked at it.
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
melliot wrote:

After watching multi-angle replays, it seemed to me that the Suns player should have been given a few weeks holiday for the hit - he wasn't contesting the mark and he elected to go through White with the hip/elbow. From the MRP statement, it doesn't even read that they looked at it.

I don't entirely disagree.
If the Bunghole didn't go on his little anti-Collingwood rant, then I dare say they would've at least looked at it.
It used to be called "charging", and used to be classed as one of the dirtier things one could do on a footy field; going the body whilst someone is open going for a mark. He only got his head because of how low the ball was.
That being said, I think it was more clumsy or a last minute decision to protect himself, than an intentional charge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: