Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Snoop's 2015 List management trade and draft thoughts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the club consider the vast bulk of the National Draft rebuild is done. In other words in order to top off our list nicely and to fine tune the age/ experience balance we now need a gun mid with between 50 to 90 games under his belt. I would not be surprised if we trade our top pick this year for the right gun midfielder. The kind that can extract and can hurt on the outside by foot.

Also wouldn't surprise on top of that we go hard at free agency for another midfielder or key tall in the 24 to 26 age range. You could argue loading up on more eighteen year olds will mean our talent starts to be spread out too far age wise. In other words we've gotta win this thing while Cloke, Pendles, Brown, Reid, Greenwood are still near their peak or at least damn good players. The recruiters are ready to put the icing on the cake and the development coaches are now expected to make all this talent take the next step.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:03 pm

If as reported next year there will be no sub and a limit of 80 interchange then the game is going to change big time. With fewer interchanges, I see less players around the ball, outside opputnities and ruck skills paramount. I would not do anything with ruckmen until we know what the rules will be.
roar 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:51 am

I agree that it makes sense to wait until the new rules and see how that changes things. Having said that, I also agree that Witts would be the logical choice to offer if we needed to offer someone with value. I guess it comes down to what can be achieved by trading him: Shiel or Treloar? sure! Straight swap for Stewart? Maybe not.
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:09 am

perthmagpie wrote:
I think the club consider the vast bulk of the National Draft rebuild is done. In other words in order to top off our list nicely and to fine tune the age/ experience balance we now need a gun mid with between 50 to 90 games under his belt. I would not be surprised if we trade our top pick this year for the right gun midfielder. The kind that can extract and can hurt on the outside by foot.

Also wouldn't surprise on top of that we go hard at free agency for another midfielder or key tall in the 24 to 26 age range. You could argue loading up on more eighteen year olds will mean our talent starts to be spread out too far age wise. In other words we've gotta win this thing while Cloke, Pendles, Brown, Reid, Greenwood are still near their peak or at least damn good players. The recruiters are ready to put the icing on the cake and the development coaches are now expected to make all this talent take the next step.

yeah I think that is right. For mine they are now at a point where they will want to fill gaps either via FA or trade.

To me a midfielder and a key forward are crucial.

If you coudl get one via a FA then the Rd 1 pick and something else (rd 2 / player etc) might get you the other with minimal disruption to the list or loss of good players.

Am pretty sure they have salary cap to orchestrate both. Suspect GWS success was not something Pies were hoping for in order to prise one of their players out. Really why would you leave there now?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:00 am

Snoop Dog wrote:

...Suspect GWS success was not something Pies were hoping for in order to prise one of their players out. Really why would you leave there now?

Have you ever been to Bankstown? Wink
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Have you been to Collingwood lately?..... Twisted Evil Razz Cool

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Have you been to Collingwood lately?..... Twisted Evil Razz Cool

You obviously haven't been to Collingwood for some time Lazza.

It's now the hippest suburb in Melbourne, with Abbottsford claiming the title of the most expensive real estate per square metre in all of Melbourne! Coming from 5 generations of Collingwood residents, this all seems rather surreal to me. Who'd have thunk it?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Snoop Dog wrote:

...Suspect GWS success was not something Pies were hoping for in order to prise one of their players out. Really why would you leave there now?

Laughing Laughing

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:57 pm

Hey Snoop - do you think Michael Still has been recruited to the VFL to audition for a rookie spot? I'm in WA, but from the commentary I've seen it sounds as though there may be a bit of J-Pod about him.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:00 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Hey Snoop - do you think Michael Still has been recruited to the VFL to audition for a rookie spot? I'm in WA, but from the commentary I've seen it sounds as though there may be a bit of J-Pod about him.

I've seen very ordinary AFL forwards take the VFL apart, I'd be staggered if he got drafted even as a rookie.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Our no1 need for this years draft is a KF, we'll more than likely have a midish first round pick, we should get something decent.

We don't need anymore mid type kids and I think we're fairly set down back with Moore-Brown-Frost-Marsh (and fingers crossed we get Keefe back after 12 months), more set than we are for KFs anyway.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Do I have this correct?

If the Club delists and rookies Keeffe and Thomas then (with a reportedly shallow draft) only one other player (Young or Dwyer for mine) needs to be delisted from the primary list to make the required 3 changes. The Club may choose to delist a second player to keep both Manteit and Abbott (see below).

The 3 primary list spots would be taken by Frost, Gault and first rounder.

Armstrong and one of Manteit and Abbott would need to be delisted to make way for Keeffe and Thomas on the rookie list unless the Club delisted a second player from the primary list and prematurely promoted one of Manteit and Abbott.

So for mine, Young and Armstrong are both going and then it is a choice between delisting Dwyer or one of Manteit/Abbott.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:44 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Do I have this correct?

If the Club delists and rookies Keeffe and Thomas then (with a reportedly shallow draft) only one other player (Young or Dwyer for mine) needs to be delisted from the primary list to make the required 3 changes. The Club may choose to delist a second player to keep both Manteit and Abbott (see below).

The 3 primary list spots would be taken by Frost, Gault and first rounder.

Armstrong and one of Manteit and Abbott would need to be delisted to make way for Keeffe and Thomas on the rookie list unless the Club delisted a second player from the primary list and prematurely promoted one of Manteit and Abbott.

So for mine, Young and Armstrong are both going and then it is a choice between delisting Dwyer or one of Manteit/Abbott.

I can't see us delisting Manteit or Abbott. So that probably means we'd delist Young, Armstrong and Dwyer. They are all depth players anyway, who are already past their peak, so I'd be comfortable with that outcome.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:56 pm

Gault would have to be in real danger of delisting at present.

With Witts, Grundy, Cox, Cloke, White, Reid and Moore not sure where he fits going forward.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:06 pm

^^Isn't tall forward a deficiency though? Looks like there will need to be some difficult decisions at season's end. Gault is at least one that has played some games this year. Sure, he doesn't fit into the starting team, but he's first or second option as a backup. I think he stays unless we add another tall forward.

I don't think there's an obvious delist option. All of Armstrong, Young, Dwyer and Gault are at least decent backups. Manteit and Abbott haven't been around long so would likely be retained, but if we don't see them as genuine prospects they could be cut.

A bit early to be thinking about this though. It's likely we make some moves in the post-season, either trading or signing, so the delist task could be easier or more difficult depending on whether we gain or lose players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14   

Jump to: