Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mick looks tired.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, Mick looks old now, older than his age, he looks buggered and tired, silly ol fool. He coulda had a dream job at the Pies on huge coin as our director of coaching but he chose revenge on eddie and the board. Its blown up in his face and he wont walk, he will be sacked after rd twenty two, and will go with his once great reputation totally sullied and ruined. I see that swine worsfold has thrown his hat in the ring, hoping to coach the scum at seasons end. cant see him making a much out of such a shit list and shocking board and finances. Even scum fans on bigfooty reckons it matters little who takes em over, they are a basket case and will remain one for many years.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:36 am

lol its funny he has blamed it on the board saying that they are rebuilding which sapped the players confidence if he leaves carltons will daisy wanna go too
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:45 pm

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised that when Carlton publicly announced its rebuild that the player morale diminished substantially so Mick does have a point but his coaching has been very poor in the last two or three years so I think he needs to take responsibility for his poor coaching performances.

In regards to Daisy, I don't think he'll care too much if Mick is gone sooner rather than later especially since he's getting $700,000 a year to kick 35m shanks and to play with a persistent ankle issue that could be aggravated at any moment.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:07 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:
You'd be tired if you had to serve this Carlton board member every week too. Razz

Is that a Human Being?

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 pm

Carlton - undefeated on their own planet - Mars.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:41 pm

Mick looks frail. I am genuinely concerned about his health.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:40 pm

I think if Dale Thomas wanted to come back to the Pies for a token draft pick and some salary cap relief, we'd still say no. He's still got it as a small forward and tries hard but just doesn't look right. Mick is done, if no it this week then certainly after Sydney crush them.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:41 pm

MM did the same thing with us. He tried to make it look like he is the Victim and not the Cause of the Problem
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:00 am

Wokko wrote:
I think if Dale Thomas wanted to come back to the Pies for a token draft pick and some salary cap relief, we'd still say no. He's still got it as a small forward and tries hard but just doesn't look right. Mick is done, if no it this week then certainly after Sydney crush them.

My old man, who played VFL, reckons that the big problem at Carlton is the Thomas signing. He read that Judd is on 500k, Gibbs about 450, and the attitude of anyone in a team where someone like Thomas is earning way more than the others as a coach's favourite, is "let them earn it". Looking at the spirit and endeavour, I think there might be something in this.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:17 pm

There is something special about the current demise of Carlton and the role an ex-pie player and coach have played…

perhaps this will add another chapter to the rivalry?

I'm loving it Smile

DT 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Today proves what a detrimental effect Madhouse had on Carlton. Finished on a sour note with Pies and a disastrous one at Price Fixer Park. I agree that Mick is only interested in no. 1. Thank god Eddie had the good sense to move him on and Pies are on the up now!
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:26 am
Post subject: Re: Mick looks tired.Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Been watching his post match pressers all year, Mick has lost his edge, he's lost his swagger-confidence, as a viewer you can tell all hope is gone.

I love Mick, always will, I know many of us have differing opinions about our seperation, but it's bloody sad to see him go down like this (except the fist pumping for the Filth).

On his take this morning KB said that Adelaide should appoint Mick as their new coach. Shocked

I think he's finally lost it.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:46 am

The old fool just wont give it away.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouse-wants-to-coach-again-not-ruling-out-move-to-adelaide-football-club/story-fni5f4l8-1227460805582

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:23 am

It's evident that Mick isn't coping with life post-football! He'd been involved in the game since 1972 in a playing and coaching capacity so things have changed for him drastically.

In 2012 he was coping without a job because he had a role in the media but most importantly in his mind he always knew he wanted to coach elsewhere despite pledging he could "never coach against [his] boys" so the idea of post-football never arose in his mind.

I honestly think Adelaide won't look at him due to his age, the mess that has been created with his last three clubs (especially towards the end) and the fact that his coaching philosophies are out of date with the modern game. He was a great coach in his day but time has moved on now.

I suspect that Mick made these comments as a defence mechanism to the fact that he's not coping with life post-football! Maybe I'm overanalysing it but surely he's not silly enough to believe he'll coach again or is he?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:03 am

He certainly wouldn't be the first has-been to get wheeled out as senior coach by a desperate club. Indeed, when you think about it, it happens to nearly all of them at one point - Haxey, Jeans, Kennedy, Barassi, Blight, Sheedy...

I don't think that club will be Adelaide, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: