Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies smash Saints - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Gault slipped over or went to ground nearly every time he went to the ball. Needs to get this out of his game.
He looked like he had runners on not the correct footwear. It was slippery and he could not get traction. He looked slow and clumsy and I would suggest he is not a wet tracker.

Of Course not the Kid is a tall bottle of table Salt! Rolling Eyes Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Tannin wrote:
Special mentions for:

• Dwyer: slipped in to a role as if he's been doing it for years. Showed pace, guts, and ability to get the ball. Used it well too, except when butchering the goals. I've always liked Dwyer but had more-or-less decided that he was a depth player to be called on when we have too many injuries. On last night's form though, he's putting his hand up for best 22 and might just make it.
  • Williams: did the gutsy things, had a lot going for him, but his turnovers made Tooves look like Mr Precision By Foot. On thin ice.
  • Elliott: was played in his proper position, as a forward who runs in the middle only now and then, and didn't it show. Elliott was one of the two reasons our forward line worked properly for the first time in a long time.
  • Gault was the other reason. Yep, he had a shocker: couldn't get the ball to stick and looked lost a lot of the time, but cut the kid some slack: it was wet, and it was under lights. How many wet night games has he played before? (Ans: none.) He'll learn from it and he won't get towelled up like that again. Even so, just the fact that he was there meant that Cloke and White and Elliott were able to get on the end of a few. We play so, so much better with a third genuine tall forward in the side. (You could slot someone like Moore in instead, most likely that would work just as well or better, and we already know that Reid can do the same.) I couldn't work out why Gault wasn't given any ruck duty. (At least none that I could see on my low-res replay.) Previously, Gault has been preferred to White as the second ruck, and has done well in the role. Why change now? Either they thought that White needed the run and confidence even more than Gault did, or perhaps they looked at that mean man-mountain ruckman St Vomit have and thought it would be wiser not to throw the kid in against him. Dunno: they should have given him a crack at it anyway.
  • Broomhead: class. Broomy reminds me of Pendles: he has that same magical ability to somehow have just enough time and space.
  • Blair: his third good game in a row. This is the best Blair has played since 2010/2011. By far the best. And although two of those three good games were (as usual with JB) against weak opposition, one of them wasn't. That is significant. Can he confound the critics (i.e., me) by putting in another good one against Essendon? He deserves the chance.
  • Adams: we did amazingly well without our #1 extractor, but it was only St Vomit after all. We want our engine room man back next week!
  • Grundy: performing every week now. Great to see!
  • Swan. He's back!
  • Varcoe: has arrived as a Collingwood player. Will star against the Dons.
  • Crisp: took his place in the middle as though he'd been doing it for years. If he stays fit, he'll play 22 games this year, and rightly so.
  • Frost: starting to look right at home now after some trouble settling in to a new role in partnership with Brown.
  • Brown: played up the ground more, a Wakelin to Frost's Presti. I think it suits him better. He's not the world's best kick, he's not quick, and he is far too easily outmarked overhead, but he's smart, he's got good hands and great judgment, and he knows where to run to.
  • Ramsey: improves a little every game. Going to be hard to tip him out of the side before too long.
  • Seedsman: did a few nice things, showed his talent, not quite up to speed yet. Needs to show that he has taken the extra step this year and is now a mature player. On this week's showing, there is no reason he can't do that.
  • Oxley: Young won't get back into this side while Oxley is around to do everything Young can do and quite a few things he can't do.
  • Langdon, Oxley, Seedsman, Crisp, Ramsey. FMD! Players who can kick. Playing for Collingwood! Who'd a thunk it?

IN: Adams
OUT: Karnesis. ( A bit stiff.)

There's some questionable logic on Nick's and some absolute piffle from time to time too, but posts like this are why we come back day after day. Not because we agree with all of it (we thought Gault did some nice things even when playing on the ball, but yes he did slip over a lot), but because it comes from a position of passion, reason and pure Collingwood knowledge. Keep it coming Tannin. Just imagine how good your analysis could be if you took off that tin-foil hat and bought a new tele-thingy. Razz

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:32 pm

^Agree, Neil - quality. No drudge-like recapitulation of hobby horses, just a clear perception of what actually happened in that game, including some inconvenient truths. The honourable mention for the tireless Sammy Dwyer was a contribution in itself
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:31 am

A trio of kids who kept working their buts off for ultimate
reward --to represent the greatest , The Black &White jumper
See Ox , Ram and Cory Gault what your hard work got ya bloody well done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: