Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#14 James Aish

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
themonk wrote:
Still think Aish will go home, however if he did decide to come to Melbourne would we prefer Aish or Treloar?

I agree that he will likely go back to Adelaide, but we are a red hot chance in this race, mark my words.

I keep hearing this whole 'Aish or Treloar' thing. Only one of them has given indications of late that he wants out of his current club. And it ain't Treloar...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/adam-treloar-wants-to-stay-and-help-greater-western-sydney-achieve-ultimate-success/story-fni5f7qq-1227011933141

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adam-treloar-could-be-convinced-to-stay-with-gws-giants-after-jeremy-cameron-re-signing/story-fni5f7qp-1227258962864

I don't think we'll be forced to make the choice between the two of them. Although like every other footy fan, I'd love Treloar at my club...

Although it sounds as if he'll stay he does mention us, twice!
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:15 pm

themonk wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
themonk wrote:
Still think Aish will go home, however if he did decide to come to Melbourne would we prefer Aish or Treloar?

I agree that he will likely go back to Adelaide, but we are a red hot chance in this race, mark my words.

I keep hearing this whole 'Aish or Treloar' thing. Only one of them has given indications of late that he wants out of his current club. And it ain't Treloar...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/adam-treloar-wants-to-stay-and-help-greater-western-sydney-achieve-ultimate-success/story-fni5f7qq-1227011933141

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adam-treloar-could-be-convinced-to-stay-with-gws-giants-after-jeremy-cameron-re-signing/story-fni5f7qp-1227258962864

I don't think we'll be forced to make the choice between the two of them. Although like every other footy fan, I'd love Treloar at my club...

Although it sounds as if he'll stay he does mention us, twice!

He probably mentioned Carlton instead of Collingwood in his original answer, but the journalist asked him not to pollute his answer by mentioning a minnow club.

Those clicks don't generate themselves, you know... Wink

Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Considering how we rogered the Brions over Beams, you reckon they'll be playing nice over this kid? They'll be wanting the kitchen sink.

They won't get it though. Brisbane will be in the unfortunate position of having Aish out of contract, unlike an in contract Beams. Yes, he likely won't get to us if they make him walk to the PSD, but it's highly doubtful they will let a former pick 7 walk for no compensation just to spite us.

Brisbane don't have the same luxury Port Adelaide of the early 2000's did with Stevens (they were actually competitive and could afford to let him walk on principle). If they let Aish go for nothing there would be a massive outcry from their already meagre supporter base, and it would set them back on field even further.

If a first rounder is on offer, they'll accept it, otherwise they might accept a second round pick and a player like Gault (yes, yes, I know he's your boy) now that he's showing some promise.
Az 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:04 pm

Stupied wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Considering how we rogered the Brions over Beams, you reckon they'll be playing nice over this kid? They'll be wanting the kitchen sink.

They won't get it though. Brisbane will be in the unfortunate position of having Aish out of contract, unlike an in contract Beams. Yes, he likely won't get to us if they make him walk to the PSD, but it's highly doubtful they will let a former pick 7 walk for no compensation just to spite us.

Brisbane don't have the same luxury Port Adelaide of the early 2000's did with Stevens (they were actually competitive and could afford to let him walk on principle). If they let Aish go for nothing there would be a massive outcry from their already meagre supporter base, and it would set them back on field even further.

If a first rounder is on offer, they'll accept it, otherwise they might accept a second round pick and a player like Gault (yes, yes, I know he's your boy) now that he's showing some promise.

Let's offer them a package deal of Keeffe and Thomas seeing as they love raiding Queenslanders from us Wink

Regardless of the Blues or Melbourne being in a position to offer more, if Aish wants to get to us he will. Pickering will make sure of it, same as he did with the Boyd trade last year. Yes we will probably have to give up our first rounder, or a 2nd rounder and a player. But under no circumstances will we be giving both a first rounder and a player for a kid 2 years into his career. And trading Gault is silly, given we are already going to lose our chance at potentially grabbing Weidman or another quality KPP in this years draft for Aish. Show them the same courtesy they showed us, give em a fringe player which unlike theirs, actually has some depth and value.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:11 pm

You would think if Aish is leaving the Lions, he'd not go to a team that's in the same basic situation as the Lions. Putting money aside you would think he'd also want to leave for some success, which would put Collingwood and Adelaide in front as they're way closer than Melbourne or Carlton.

Adelaide then would be ahead as they're closer than Collingwood, but I guess we wait and see. It would also depend on what Collingwood were willing to give up for him as well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:53 pm

If the circumstances were different then Keeffe would have been a decent bit of trade currency though I'd probably prefer to keep him for KP depth.

Thomas wouldn't have any real currency given they already have a mosquito fleet of midfielders at there disposal.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:54 pm

With the money the Crows are going to need to throw at Dangerfield there may not be the coin leftover for Aish.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:57 pm

That sounds like a plan.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Dangerfield or Aish?

Danger for mine.

Both and I'd glue my eyes shut.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Word about the traps is were chasing Jarman Impey!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:28 pm

He can emulate his hero Bucks, play for Brisbane for a year or 2 and then come to Collingwood and become a club legend!

With that many South Australians on our list, you'd think they'd be feeling pretty comfortable about life at the Pies.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:31 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Word about the traps is were chasing Jarman Impey!

Very Happy bring out the Gimp!
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Az wrote:
Stupied wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Let's offer them a package deal of Keeffe and Thomas seeing as they love raiding Queenslanders from us Wink

Regardless of the Blues or Melbourne being in a position to offer more, if Aish wants to get to us he will. Pickering will make sure of it, same as he did with the Boyd trade last year. Yes we will probably have to give up our first rounder, or a 2nd rounder and a player. But under no circumstances will we be giving both a first rounder and a player for a kid 2 years into his career. And trading Gault is silly, given we are already going to lose our chance at potentially grabbing Weidman or another quality KPP in this years draft for Aish. Show them the same courtesy they showed us, give em a fringe player which unlike theirs, actually has some depth and value.

Pretty sure Gault is now fringe, as opposed to this time last year when he was lucky to still be listed.

Depends on where our pick is and what we give up, but it is conceivable that we could pick up both Aish and Weideman. Apparently Weed is currently sitting at early to mid second round on most draft boards at the moment.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Josh Thomas and L Keefe are goneski for two years. No doubt about it. They shall be ASADA's and the AFL's poster children for anti drug use irrespective of how it was ingested. This is more likely given ASADA's stuff up in the Bombers case.

We shall then sack them with strong legal grounds as opposed to carry them on the list for the next 2 seasons. We shall make our own "cultural statement" by delisting them especially after our own issues in "self reporting" back in 2013.

These are givens!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:13 pm
Post subject: Aish to Collingwood?Reply with quote

3AW's Sam Mcleure Tweeted that Aish wants to come to Collingwood.

Don't know how reliable he is though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 4 of 117   

Jump to: