Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 566, 567, 568 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The on going saga of my land-line entered the Twilight zone todae!
12 months ago my ph wasn't working, I rang Telstra they told 3. it was the ph that was the problem!
It wasn't, apparently a Telstra crew had cut the line with a star picket and a warning "do not dig phone line under ground here" (some of you may remember).
It was repaired sort of (across the lawn, over the roof etc) but never finished! I've rung every few months but nothing had been done. r
A few weeks ago I was told it would be repaired soon! (again)...etc etc)!
Today a crew arrived, got out the excavator and ripped my lawn to shreads and then broke the main water pipe!
My lawn was flooded (it needed water) the pipe destroyed and i can't get a plumber in till maybe thursday (give or take a few daze, maybe a weak)!Evil or Very Mad

I am pissed (hic) off!!!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:33 pm

i specified 'no pets' then i find out the tenant keeps 3 rottweilers in the house, place stinks like dogs, cigarettes, carpet filthy. will never be a landlord again. the chinese are smart, they buy up and leave their apartments empty, free from bogan filth.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:42 pm

3.14159 wrote:
12 months ago my ph wasn't working, I rang Telstra they told 3. it was the ph that was the problem!
It wasn't, apparently a Telstra crew had cut the line with a star picket and a warning "do not dig phone line under ground here" (some of you may remember).
It was repaired sort of (across the lawn, over the roof etc) but never finished! I've rung every few months but nothing had been done. r
Today a crew arrived, got out the excavator and ripped my lawn to shreads and then broke the main water pipe!
My lawn was flooded (it needed water) the pipe destroyed and i can't get a plumber in till maybe thursday (give or take a few daze, maybe a weak)!Evil or Very Mad

I am pissed (hic) off!!!

Every right to be pissed off. Un f*cken believable.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:44 pm

'No Pets' is ignored by 90% of tenants with pets. They need a house and most people are not willing to give up their friends. Of course there's a huge difference between someone who has a cat or two that mainly live outdoors and someone with 3 indoor Rotties Laughing

Wouldn't a steam clean fix up the pet smell thing? I don't know, haven't had to deal with dog stink, I'm sure the bond would cover it (pain in the arse that getting the bond can be, I'm sure you'd get it for a non steam cleaned carpet).
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:45 pm

3.14159 wrote:

I am pissed (hic) off!!!

If you haven't already it really is time to call the Ombudsman.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:48 pm

"" .
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Wokko wrote:
The difference between a good and bad landlord/agent are as remarkable as the differences between good and bad tenants. Having a bad agent might also lead to tenants 'acting up' because they feel put upon. Of course some people are just arseholes, but they'll find it harder and harder to find places to live in unless they can put up the cash upfront (money talks).

Of course a landlord has all the power initially and tenants have most of it once they're entrenched in your property. If you didn't like the feel of these people you should've just declined them, there are always more applicants. Live and learn I guess (and a good lesson for the rest of us if we ever get into this game).

Yeah well at the time the agent said they had sparkling references, when I took the, something, can't remeber what, I rang her and said did you actually meet these people? Um, no she hadn't. And I've never let her forget it!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:59 pm

What happened to it?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
i specified 'no pets' then i find out the tenant keeps 3 rottweilers in the house, place stinks like dogs, cigarettes, carpet filthy. will never be a landlord again. the chinese are smart, they buy up and leave their apartments empty, free from bogan filth.

2nd worst tenant I've had, after this one, did more damage in four months than a normal person would do in years! She put 52 holes in one brick feature wall to hang things, holes in the ceilings, and she had a big dog (it was a unit, she wasn't allowed) and it wrecked the inside of the front door, and also the sliding door in the kitchen.

apart from our old house, we have a small house in altona meadows, a cute little ex display home, was a bit of a bomb but we fixed it up, last tenant was a pain, but not too bad, left it dirty and a broken window, this tenant, we had just done some more painting and laid new carpet, she's a single mum with two kids, rang me to ask permission for a dog, she now has 2, one little, 1 Middle sized, and just like her kids she has them so well behaved. Place is spotless. Agent wants to put rent up I said no! And I give her a voucher at Christmas and tell her to spend it on herself! She's awesome!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:07 pm

3.14159 wrote:

I am pissed (hic) off!!!

Gees they are going to pay to fix it yeah? Have you been in the new place that long already? Gees time flies!

do you have water? That would be a bugger?

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:32 pm

think positive wrote:

Gees they are going to pay to fix it yeah? Have you been in the new place that long already? Gees time flies!

Yerr it's been that long...
(It's seemed longer at times, my neighbour is back btw, apparently her new beau threw her out after 2 weeks so back she came)!
anywaes...
I rang Telstra complaints, after several minutes of telling them exactly what had happened & why I was calling I was put on hold for about 5 minutes.
Eventually I was told that they would make an incident note and her manger would give me a call in a couple of days.
I told Telstra that wasn't going to cut it I wanted them to organise a plummer and I wanted her to organise it now!
The manager was again consulted and I was told to ring a plummer, pay him and if the contractor was at fault they would Reimburse me!
I told Telstra that THEIR contractor had severed the water to my house, my toilet doesn't work, I can't do the dishes and I can't get any water to drink! I wanted THEM to organise getting it fixed. and wanted them to do it NOW!
I added that living in a small town it is almost impossible for ME to get some-one over immediately and I certainly couldn't afford the call out charge from Ballarat and what are you going to do about it?
There was a long pregnant pause and eventual she said (in a very small voice) ...
"Err err um,,,I'm sorry I can't just authorise anybody to come over with-out an inspection first and that will takes days and even if I could I wouldn't know who to call anyway because I'm in India" (truly that's what she said)!
I asked if there was anybody I could call?
She said not really it wasn't a telephone-line issue there was really nothing she could do!
I told her she (Telstra) could forget about reimbursing me and will be hearing from my lawyers regarding damages and compensation tomorrow!
(I have one on retainer atm).
Anyway I rang a retired plummer friend of the family to see if he knew anyone that could do it?
He said ring Central Highlands Water, the break is not on my side of the fence and they will fix it.

I rang Central H2O explained what happened.
They weren't happy but they weren't surprised.
He said a crew would be there in under 2 hours.
He was right, they were here in under 60 minutes and finished fixing it 20 minutes ago.

I'm going to Ballarat in few days to negotiate a New deal with Telstra (my old one lapsed 6 months ago), but I'm visiting my lawyer first!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:11 am

Hey well played! Good news. Xxx
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:01 pm

3.14159 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Yerr it's been that long...
(It's seemed longer at times, my neighbour is back btw, apparently her new beau threw her out after 2 weeks so back she came)!
anywaes...
I rang Telstra complaints, after several minutes of telling them exactly what had happened & why I was calling I was put on hold for about 5 minutes.
Eventually I was told that they would make an incident note and her manger would give me a call in a couple of days.
I told Telstra that wasn't going to cut it I wanted them to organise a plummer and I wanted her to organise it now!
The manager was again consulted and I was told to ring a plummer, pay him and if the contractor was at fault they would Reimburse me!
I told Telstra that THEIR contractor had severed the water to my house, my toilet doesn't work, I can't do the dishes and I can't get any water to drink! I wanted THEM to organise getting it fixed. and wanted them to do it NOW!
I added that living in a small town it is almost impossible for ME to get some-one over immediately and I certainly couldn't afford the call out charge from Ballarat and what are you going to do about it?
There was a long pregnant pause and eventual she said (in a very small voice) ...
"Err err um,,,I'm sorry I can't just authorise anybody to come over with-out an inspection first and that will takes days and even if I could I wouldn't know who to call anyway because I'm in India" (truly that's what she said)!
I asked if there was anybody I could call?
She said not really it wasn't a telephone-line issue there was really nothing she could do!
I told her she (Telstra) could forget about reimbursing me and will be hearing from my lawyers regarding damages and compensation tomorrow!
(I have one on retainer atm).
Anyway I rang a retired plummer friend of the family to see if he knew anyone that could do it?
He said ring Central Highlands Water, the break is not on my side of the fence and they will fix it.

I rang Central H2O explained what happened.
They weren't happy but they weren't surprised.
He said a crew would be there in under 2 hours.
He was right, they were here in under 60 minutes and finished fixing it 20 minutes ago.

I'm going to Ballarat in few days to negotiate a New deal with Telstra (my old one lapsed 6 months ago), but I'm visiting my lawyer first!

Hi 3.14159, My wife has a friend who has shifted to the Geelong area & has had nothing but trouble with Telstra & internet connectivity (no internet since she shifted there) for 9 months. Similar issues: India: stonewalling: the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing & being told a lot of untruths etc. She went to the local member & within the same day was getting apologetic emails from Telstra etc.

Try your local member seems to be the advice. Hopefully that is helpful.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:28 pm

Car broke down this morning so I couldn't do my Auskick session, the parents took over it. I feel pretty bad about it all. Ends a pretty crap week really.

Stupid car. Parents aren't too pleased with me, but some parents took over though.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:45 pm

Hardly your fault, they should be understanding, things happen.

Got to our old house at 8.30 power was meant to be on yesterday, nope. It's freezing. I put on hazmat stuff (ie my old clothes I'm going to toss) and started cleaning up the mess. They have put something evil down the loo, the marks are etched in, need a new loo. The insurance assessor came, the whole kitchen needs ripping out, and one good bit, it touches the roof, so they will paint all the ceiling in that roof line. That's if the claims approved! They let the sink leak, all the cupboards have collapsed. Worked for 4 hours solid, picking up crap, cleaning a toilet so I can go, started on the bath etc. and waiting for the carpet guy. I get home, and over lunch, track down the new agent. Imagine my surprise to find out the *&%%^&(*^$ agent who installed these scumbags in my house, gave them a good reference, after I specifically told her, don't you dare! Hmm. So after this is over, the agency manager will get a letter. FMD who the hell is in my court on this? Agent fees ain't cheap. I am so unbelievably pissed off right now.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 566, 567, 568 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 567 of 719   

Jump to: