Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thomas, Keeffe reportedly test positive perf enhancing drugs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mugway05 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This really scares me. Will they AFL put sanctions on us if they players are found guilty?

20.2 Consequences for Team Sports

If more than two (2) members of a team in a Team Sport are found to have committed an anti-doping rule violation during an Event Period, the ruling body of the Event shall impose an appropriate sanction on the team (for example, loss of points, Disqualification from a Competition or Event, or other sanction) in addition to any Consequences imposed upon the individual Athletes committing the anti-doping rule violations.

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:46 pm

I presume more than two does not mean "two or more".

I also suspect an "event period" means a positive test after a match (or at least during the season), but I could be wrong.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:01 pm
Post subject: Take a chill pill Eddie, re Keefe and Thomas !Reply with quote

Cmon Eddie, calm down for chrissakes and take a chill pill on Keefe and Josh. I don't think threatening to sack them if guilty is the right penalty at all, especially in light of this weak as cats piss decision on the essendoper saga. OK, I agree, if guilty they deserve to be punished harshly, but surely a very heavy fine, coupled with a 12 month club suspension, is enough to impose on them, in light of todays events. ? Lets not rush to judgement eddie, just calm down and lets try to be rational about this, and work out a fair and just penalty if they are indeed guilty, lets not go over the top and destroy two young careers, urged on by media hacks and sycomphants. Rolling Eyes Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:13 pm

are you going senile?

if they are found to be guilty of intentionally being drug cheats the club should sack them. they will be ineligible to play again for four years so their value as a footballer - what the club remunerates them for - is significantly diminished.

that said, in the event they are found guilty with or without mitigating circumstances what i do want hope is these blokes are looked after as individuals and given the emotional support they are going to need.

if it is found they ingested the steroid through cocaine use i hope they are not hung out to dry. it's one heck of a lesson and i don't think they will need to be reminded where they erred.

i feel for the lads and hope for the best outcome of them being cleared. sadly, i am resigned to this not being the case.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:19 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
The players are either guilty or not. I hope it's all a misunderstanding, but either way it's not going to greatly damage the club.

The important thing in this is how the club handles it. Any hint of dissembling or Donitis would really turn me off. Face the facts of the matter and guilty or innocent move on. Now to focus on the footy.

Agreed. Whatever the origin or cause of the event, it's a very different thing for two players to take PEDs as an individual initiative (if that is what they knowingly did), vs the club administering them to a whole team. Collingwood have nothing to be ashamed of as long as the club cooperates appropriately with the investigation and takes the appropriate action once the facts are established. It's a completely different issue to the Essendon disgrace.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:21 pm

^JW, right on all counts. If this happened a a side effect of juvenile high-jinks undertaken without consciousness of possible PED effects, then the punishment probably outstrips the crime.

Last edited by Mugwump on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:21 pm

Eddie, Pert and Buckley doing a superb job so far at managing this in the full glare of public scrutiny.

Buckley's appearance on 360 was outstanding (video on the CFC website if anyone wants a gander).

Worth his weight in gold as coach for that appearance alone.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:29 pm

John Wren wrote:
are you going senile?

if they are found to be guilty of intentionally being drug cheats the club should sack them. they will be ineligible to play again for four years so their value as a footballer - what the club remunerates them for - is significantly diminished.

that said, in the event they are found guilty with or without mitigating circumstances what i do want hope is these blokes are looked after as individuals and given the emotional support they are going to need.

if it is found they ingested the steroid through cocaine use i hope they are not hung out to dry. it's one heck of a lesson and i don't think they will need to be reminded where they erred.

i feel for the lads and hope for the best outcome of them being cleared. sadly, i am resigned to this not being the case.

For starters, I resent your opening insulting remark, hav ing lost a close relative to alzheimers I don't like smart arse comments like that JW, I would expect more from you than that cheap shot. You actually contradicted yourself, demanding they be sacked if intentional, then looked after if no mitigating circumstances, and supported, I don't reckon sacking them is showing support. I said they deserve a harsh penalty, a very heavy fine and a long suspension, a whole season, is that not enough for your lynch mob mentality. ?? Once again, lay off the personal insults, it does no credence to your posts whatsoever.
Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:44 pm

Woods wrote:
Eddie, Pert and Buckley doing a superb job so far at managing this in the full glare of public scrutiny.

Buckley's appearance on 360 was outstanding (video on the CFC website if anyone wants a gander).

Worth his weight in gold as coach for that appearance alone.

Yep, exactly the right way to handle it.

cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:48 am

Sorry guys. Take the goggles off.

Both players are FINISHED as AFL footballers.

Whether they took it deliberately in order to gain an advantage (unlikely) or more probably snorted some coke or popped some eccies and traces of this stuff is found in their blood stream because of it, they are doomed either way.

The truth is always the best defence, but in this instance, it still means they are finished as AFL footballers.

Punishment fit the crime and all that...plus the incredible farce of Essendope escaping penalty notwithstanding, I do NOT want drug users recreational or otherwise at my club.

They have regular sessions about this stuff, so unless they were asleep every time, there can be no excuse.

For heaven sake guys, let us not become deluded like Essendum fans defending the indefensible.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:43 am

Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
are you going senile?

For starters, I resent your opening insulting remark, hav ing lost a close relative to alzheimers I don't like smart arse comments like that JW, I would expect more from you than that cheap shot. You actually contradicted yourself, demanding they be sacked if intentional, then looked after if no mitigating circumstances, and supported, I don't reckon sacking them is showing support. I said they deserve a harsh penalty, a very heavy fine and a long suspension, a whole season, is that not enough for your lynch mob mentality. ?? Once again, lay off the personal insults, it does no credence to your posts whatsoever.
Idea

PNC is on the piss!!! And in high gear lol.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:47 am
Post subject: Re: Take a chill pill Eddie, re Keefe and Thomas !Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Cmon Eddie, calm down for chrissakes and take a chill pill on Keefe and Josh. I don't think threatening to sack them if guilty is the right penalty at all, especially in light of this weak as cats piss decision on the essendoper saga. OK, I agree, if guilty they deserve to be punished harshly, but surely a very heavy fine, coupled with a 12 month club suspension, is enough to impose on them, in light of todays events. ? Lets not rush to judgement eddie, just calm down and lets try to be rational about this, and work out a fair and just penalty if they are indeed guilty, lets not go over the top and destroy two young careers, urged on by media hacks and sycomphants. Rolling Eyes Idea

Something remarkable would have to happen for them to play AFL again, they tested positive mate, they have the smoking gun.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:13 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Rumours doing the rounds on Twitter at the moment that 2 more players are about to be done for the same substance as Thomas/Keeffe.... I'll laugh myself stupid if one of those clubs is Essendrug.

The worst bit about the Bummers is that it was obvious to anyone and everyone that something dodgy was going on. They just haven't been able to prove it. I've got no respect for them at all anymore. I reckon Anzac Day we should all turn our backs on Hird. Imagine that, half the G basically saying up yours.

Carlton and St Kilda.

TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:36 am

Dave The Man wrote:
The Flog Hutchy is back:

https://twitter.com/Mattys123/status/582829562536431616

Sorry, isn't his tweet spot on? Or are you denying there isn't any heat on our club in light of the Keefe/Thomas drug findings?

Take the blinkers off.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOXMnYfJCtc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 20 of 44   

Jump to: