Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Predictions and Expectations for 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where we will finish on the ladder this year?
1-4
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
5-8
27%
 27%  [ 23 ]
9-11
30%
 30%  [ 25 ]
12-14
25%
 25%  [ 21 ]
15-17
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 83

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I Have us between 6th - 14th
That is where I see it. A lot has to go right for us to be in the eight. Not much has to go wrong for us to be bottom four.

Well not much has gone right for us since Sept 2011.
I think we have a mortgage on a bottom four position in 2015.

melliot wrote:
I'm just going off the trend of the back end of last season which was woeful. I've seen little to excite me in the preseason games to have changed the trend.

I don't think the pendulum has swung past the bottom yet. Think we'll be close to bottom 4.

today's news just adds to the disaster that 2015 will be.

I won't be looking for team success, but looking for leadership and development of our younger players. This season's a right off in terms of ladder position. Get games into the kids fast. And tank tank tank. We are no better for finishing 10th as finishing 15th.

Players that are average and senior will have to make way.

I'm really unexcited about 2015 season.

Tank you very much!! Game, set and match.

Monco Matt wrote:
My expectations for this season are about as low as they have been since the start of the 1999 season. I feel like we will finish lower than we did last year which mean 12th or worse....

Our skill level is nowhere near AFL standard from what I've seen in recent years and it does not appear to have improved over the pre-season. Our team on the field doesn't gel and move the ball in any consistent fluent motion. Our ball movement is very stagnant and therefore F50 entries are just not dangerous. I think our lack of leg speed and line breaking prowess is a big cause of this, we just do not look to have this confidence in our abilities...

I don't know about you guys but I find it bloody hard watching us play footy. It is very much a chore that i feel i must endure. The enjoyment is not there but yet i still watch them, cringing more than cheering. I hate that and I feel like we have cut ourselves down to size. We have only ourselves to blame for reasons that can only be described as horrible list management. Buckle up because it could take us a decade to recover.

Ah Monco Matt, as usual, saying exactly what i was thinking, but without all the profanity and vitriol that i spew on this forum. Wink

Dyso

Robbie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:09 am
Post subject: Go to Some Team that Deserves YouReply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
16th or 17th if we are lucky
Buckley is history !

I am so sick of your constant whinging and anti Bucks statements that I believe it would be better for you, and certainly better for The Collingwood Football Club. I wouldn't be surprised if you were a plant from another team and I thought of asking for your Membership Number, and then I realised that any plant would have all those things in place. So I guess you can spread your provocative diatribes as much as you want, and I will do my best to call you out for the dog you are. I am sick of having low life scum continually spreading a cancer through our club, and I have decided rather than walking away as I said I would, I will fight every instance of comments like yours.

The rest will be surprising although you need to understand that you have picked on a Club that has more real supporters than any other. Makes you wonder doesn't it!

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:05 am

Late last year, I had us finishing 12th (middle 6), but on preseason showings (not that they're the best indicator), I'm almost tempted to tip us to finish below that in the bottom 6. We are just that far away, in my opinion.

I'll stick to my original prediction, but bottom 6 is definitely on the cards...

PS: And of course, it goes without saying, the usual disclaimers of hoping to be proved wrong and supporting the team apply...

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:51 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
The list has undergone far too many significant changes over the past 3 seasons. We have (rightly or wrongly, in or out of our control)) turned the list over way too fast to be able to stay inside the Top 4 or Top 8 while rebuilding. Geelong are doing this far better than us. They are blooding and developing their next core group of midfielders (without turning over mass quantities of older players) while still maintaining their competitiveness, skill levels and ball moving abilities. We have failed in this regard.

Yes they are and have made us look like complete amateurs in the process.

To make matters worse they came in and stole Mitch Clark right from under us because they were prepared to commit quickly to him.

The thought of them being able to add Dangerfield at the end of the year is unpalatable yet some appear to accept this is a fait accompli.

We can't force him to come to the pies but I'd be bitterly disappointed if we didn't at least have a red hot crack at him. We should have plenty of space in the cap you'd hope given the current state of our list.

I can't believe how far we've fallen in 3 short years.

Crying or Very sad

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:08 pm

5-8. I don't think that is too optimistic.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:49 pm

So 63 out of 76 voters (83%) have us anywhere between 5-14 this year and 51 out of 76 voters (67%) have us missing the finals.

That's the general feeling I've heard from Collingwood supporters during the off-season so the results are kind of what I expected when I started this poll.

themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:51 am

We have lost way too much experience in the past 2-3 seasons and have replaced experience with promising youngsters and a handful of average recruits from other clubs.

Top 4 is probably 3-4 years away.

As for the Buckley haters, unless our record this season is 6-16 then he's safe, our recruitment policy has indicated we are rebuilding therefore expectations internally are primarily to show improvement rather than success.

Optimistic prediction: 7-10
Pessimistic prediction: 12-16
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:17 pm

Jezza wrote:
So 63 out of 76 voters (83%) have us anywhere between 5-14 this year and 51 out of 76 voters (67%) have us missing the finals.

That's the general feeling I've heard from Collingwood supporters during the off-season so the results are kind of what I expected when I started this poll.

The first 5 weeks of the season will tell me one way or another if my current fears of finishing bottom 4 will come to fruition.

If our display against the dogs continues I see only Melbourne and St Kilda finishing below us.

I pray that we can show something tonight to allay those fears for at least a week.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:20 pm

Finished 3-8 last half of the season, so expecting improvement on that.

Guessing 8-10 wins and 12-14th.

As long as we beat Carlton twice, it will be a great year.
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Beat Brisbane tonight, beat Carlton twice and win on anzac day, and I'll be ok with the year, if they play the kids.
Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:16 pm

swoop42 wrote:

If our display against the dogs continues I see only ...

... ah yes, but you need to take account of the dishlickers' summer regime of training with live bait .... RSPCA will put an end to that nonsense and we'll see them come back to the field pretty quick ...

... and our lads did seem to have been nobbled in the start box too ...

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:18 am

Culprit wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I Have us between 6th - 14th
That is where I see it. A lot has to go right for us to be in the eight. Not much has to go wrong for us to be bottom four.

here you go, culprit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: