Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Practice Match #2 - Richmond vs Collingwood at Punt Road

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
We all embrace Tony the way the football department does, Lazza - they are so fond of the way he plays his very important role that they promoted him from the senior list to the rookie list. I thought they could actually have rewarded him more completely at the end of 2014 by promoting him all the way out of the Club but I expect he'll get his reward at the end of this year.

and Going what was said.

The only thing that Saved him getting De-Listed that we had no one left to play AFL and he came up and had some Okay Games

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
FWIW. The clubs best for the game:

Best - Collingwood: Witts, Armstrong, Broomhead, De Goey, Dwyer, Karnezis

I agree with all except for Armstrong

Surprise! surprise!! Surprised

Even when he is named among the best, Nick's has no love for Armstrong.. Crying or Very sad

He's a 27-28 yo journeyman which makes him 1 of the oldest guys on our list, in 8-9 seasons he's managed about 25-30 games across 3 clubs, he plays an inconspicuous role across HB in the VFL and gets listed among the bests and you wonder why there isn't much love for him... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shocked

He's a 27-28 yo very experienced and talented player who played an important role when required in the Seniors late last season, ye all of the short memories brigade. He wears a Collingwood jumper, plays a very important role across HB in the VFL/AFL, gets listed among the bests very often and YES, I do wonder why there isn't much love for him here on Nick's..... Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

perception and reality. funny thing. the lad does (and offers) quite a bit that the general populous does not see. most people only see the journeyman who has played a handful of afl games and failed to take the next step.

he may not be on the list for much longer but while he is here he is having a positive impact on our younger guys who, although very talented, are just starting out on their afl journey and have much to learn.

Well, We are all not lucky enough to see behind the Scenes and no what is expected and how well they played

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Delivery into the F50 was lot better. They would hit someone up at 60-70m away from goal then hit a Forward on the Chest when Leading out
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:24 pm

If this team is to resemble an AFL quality team prepared to play finals, then it should have no spot for Armstrong. There is no love for Armstrong as admitting we need him reflects how badly we are really going.

This is not a criticism of Armstrong, but a reflection of the rest of calibre of the list.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Thanks for the match reports Dave and Cam!

Great to hear De Goey play really well and I liked hearing Karnezis, Broomhead and Witts all playing good matches as well. The opposition wasn't strong but this is a solid win and will hold us in good stead in the VFL this year.

Armstrong will only play this year if our injury list becomes too extensive like it was last year. He was decent when he played last year but I think we're in trouble if Tony is playing in the seniors this year.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:57 pm

think better wrote:
thanks Dave and Cam for the reports

I am not really sure what style of play we have this year AFL or VFL level (I have seen precious little vision). is there anything evident about the speed of ball movement and how 'tough' around the packs we are?

It was AFL style, run and gun, switch and move. Moved around the flanks, kicked to big target, others front and square. But you can only play as well as your opposition allows you to. BenKen was on the bottom of most packs, along with Da Goey. More an intraclub match than a serious hitout though.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Photos from the game

VICTORIA PARK ON FACEBOOK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: