Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2015 NFL thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts have been impressive so far during the 2015 free agency. Gore and Johnson are important pickups and Trent Cole gives them another above average pass rusher. With T.Y.Hilton and Johnson to throw to next year Luck will likely go close to OFfensive Player of the Year.

The Seahawks grabbing Graham is big but they gave up a lot for him including a very, very good centre and quality centers aren't that easy to find. The flip side is the Saints gave up arguably the best TE in the league for salary cap space only one year after signing him to a new 4 year deal. That's really bad player and salary cap management. Given the needs of each team and the reasons for the trade this ones a clear win for the Seahawks.

Revis to the Jets is big but really on because it's Revis and he's getting another absurdly large contract to the Jets, again.

There's been a lot of action this free agency but to be honest not a lot of teams have really improved, most seemed to have come out even. The only team so far that really seems to have made a big positive impact to their roster is the Colts and even that's a short term boost.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Colts are Loading up with both Frank Gore and Andre Johnson
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:50 pm

didick wrote:
OEP wrote:
Oh FFS that's it I'm uninstalling my 49ers website for at least the next 24 hours. Can only take so much.

It seems like a massive disintegration of a powerhouse team. Unbelievable! Would it be similar in some ways to the Pies losing the experience we have lost in the last three or so seasons, but in the space of only a few months?

How long of supporting a team is allowed before it's too long to swap to another? 😊

To put it into a Collingwood perspective the loss of Willis, Gore and (likely) Smith would be like losing Pendlebury, Maxwell and Presti (if they were all playing together) in the same year.

I would have to say this years loss of players is probably the worst I've ever experienced since I started supporting the 9ers, and I've been supporting them almost as long as I've been supporting the Pies.

The powerhouse hasn't disintegrated yet, the retirement of Willis took everyone by surprise and makes the loss of Gore and (possibly) Smith look worse but the reality is Gore is on his final legs and most supporters including me wanted to see him finish his career in a 9ers uniform. Smith was highly likely to retire after the 2014 season, definitely after the 2015 season and with the acquisition of Dockett who's a lesser run stopper but better pass rusher helps lessens the pain.

Most of the players leaving have coverage on the list due to depth on the rosters -

Crabtree/Lloyd/Johnson are replaced by Torrey Smith who provides a quality deep threat the 9ers have been lacking, while the other three a all possession receivers which the 9ers still have plenty of. Still would like to see the 9erers go hard for White or failing that Dorien-Green in the draft.

Iuparti is likely replaced by Brandon Thomas or Marcus Martin which will mean a drop off in rush blocking but an increase in pass blocking.

Gore is replaced by Hyde with the likely addition of a veteran RB through free agency and a mid to late range draft pick.

Willis is replaced by Bolland, and explains why the change in defensive schemes suddenly went from definite to "what change".

The loss of Skuta likely means Ahmed Brooks gets a reprieve from being cut.

Looks like Culliver and Cox are gone but Donte Johnson Looked good last year and Brock should be back to full health. Depth will be required though.

All-in-all the 9ers have taken a step back but not as big as first appears. Baalke needs to nail this years draft for the 9ers to stay relevant in the SuperBowl race in 2015 and beyond.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks OEP for the thorough analysis. I've been following the game more and more the last four years, picked the 9ers three seasons ago. Some of the games against the Saints and Vernon D's performance being part of the reason.

It's great to have someone much more knowledgable give their thoughts.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:18 pm

Suh to Miami

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477761/article/ndamukong-suh-miami-dolphins-strike-mega-deal

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:07 pm

OEP wrote:
didick wrote:
OEP wrote:
Oh FFS that's it I'm uninstalling my 49ers website for at least the next 24 hours. Can only take so much.

It seems like a massive disintegration of a powerhouse team. Unbelievable! Would it be similar in some ways to the Pies losing the experience we have lost in the last three or so seasons, but in the space of only a few months?

How long of supporting a team is allowed before it's too long to swap to another? 😊

To put it into a Collingwood perspective the loss of Willis, Gore and (likely) Smith would be like losing Pendlebury, Maxwell and Presti (if they were all playing together) in the same year.

I would have to say this years loss of players is probably the worst I've ever experienced since I started supporting the 9ers, and I've been supporting them almost as long as I've been supporting the Pies.

The powerhouse hasn't disintegrated yet, the retirement of Willis took everyone by surprise and makes the loss of Gore and (possibly) Smith look worse but the reality is Gore is on his final legs and most supporters including me wanted to see him finish his career in a 9ers uniform. Smith was highly likely to retire after the 2014 season, definitely after the 2015 season and with the acquisition of Dockett who's a lesser run stopper but better pass rusher helps lessens the pain.

Most of the players leaving have coverage on the list due to depth on the rosters -

Crabtree/Lloyd/Johnson are replaced by Torrey Smith who provides a quality deep threat the 9ers have been lacking, while the other three a all possession receivers which the 9ers still have plenty of. Still would like to see the 9erers go hard for White or failing that Dorien-Green in the draft.

Iuparti is likely replaced by Brandon Thomas or Marcus Martin which will mean a drop off in rush blocking but an increase in pass blocking.

Gore is replaced by Hyde with the likely addition of a veteran RB through free agency and a mid to late range draft pick.

Willis is replaced by Bolland, and explains why the change in defensive schemes suddenly went from definite to "what change".

Looks like Culliver and Cox are gone but Donte Johnson Looked good last year and Brock should be back to full health. Depth will be required though.

All-in-all the 9ers have taken a step back but not as big as first appears. Baalke needs to nail this years draft for the 9ers to stay relevant in the SuperBowl race in 2015 and beyond.

How much more crap can happen for the 49ers this offseason???!!!'
Borland retires at 24, after one year in the NFL, citing concussions and future health! Wow. What do you think, OEP? For real, or a symptom of bigger problems at SF?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:42 am

So, Troy Polamalu - one of the greatest defensive sights in NFL history - has hung up his Steelers helmet for the last time. Very sad to see him retire after 12 brilliant seasons.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, Troy Polamalu - one of the greatest defensive sights in NFL history - has hung up his Steelers helmet for the last time. Very sad to see him retire after 12 brilliant seasons.

great player. loved watching him play.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:31 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

great player. loved watching him play.

Here's some highlights footage from his great career. Just looking at his contested marking ("interceptions"), he could probably get a game at half-forward for the Magpies! Alternatively, he could take up Lukey Ball's sadly vacated position on the defensive edge of the centre square - I'd really, really like to see Judd or Selwood try to get through through one of those tackles. Selwood would duck, of course - but only the once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO5_adMPcBA
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 am

And now that the NFL is releasing parts of its fixture, the most important date of all has been released: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12735578/green-bay-packers-plan-retire-brett-favre-number-thanksgiving-night
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:57 am

So, here's the schedule: http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule

You can also view your team's individual schedule. Here's Green Bay's (and you can select your team in thee drawdown menu): http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/gb
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:14 pm

didick wrote:
OEP wrote:
didick wrote:
OEP wrote:

How much more crap can happen for the 49ers this offseason???!!!'
Borland retires at 24, after one year in the NFL, citing concussions and future health! Wow. What do you think, OEP? For real, or a symptom of bigger problems at SF?

Sorry for the reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally late reply but I've shut down for awhile. Back now. Anyway to answer your question I don't believe Borland retiring is due to the difficulties being faced by the 49ers at that tietime I honestly believe he is concerned about the possibility of long term health problems. His position and especially his style of play would likely lead to numerous minor and major concussions in his playing future.

Eric Reid is a player I believe will have a shortened career due to concussions he's already had three in two years which is a worrying sign.

Anyway bring on the draft.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:19 pm

If you don't have PAY TV.

The 1st Round will be on 7Mate tomorrow from 10 to 1:30.

Be the NFL Network coverage

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:42 pm

Some huge players still available.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:43 pm

**** you Dolphins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15   

Jump to: