Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
So, sitting the the ED at the Austin Hospital today, you get chatting to people.

The Austin has quite a good setup, they have an after hours GP clinic right near the ED to take the non urgent traffic. This means that people aren't waiting 6 hours to get seen or leaving while the more acute cases roll through.

You still go through the ED and get triaged first so they can make the call as to which path you take.

So I went in having sliced into my finger big time. Saw the traige clerk then went straight to a nurse who unwrapped the tea towel on my hand, (after laying down the appropriate protection) looked and headed off to get some supplies. What he hadn't counted on was that I'd been keeping pressure on the wound on the way in, so once he unwrapped it, it took about 10 seconds before it started pissing out blood again.

So he gives it a wipe down, realises its a tad deep and a lot bleeding,
and whatever initial plan he had wasn't going to work, and wraps it back up and off I go to the GP clinic.

With me were an IT guy who injured his wrist trying to replace the rubber on his spear gun and a young lady who got kicked in the hand by a horse.

So after a while, and having determined that there was no nerve or tendon damage, the doc was able to patch it up using a metric fuckload of steri strips rather than stitches, whack a waterproof skin over it and wrap it up like a mummy for a couple a days.

More likely he hurt his wrist because he's built like a horse and she's his partner. Wink

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:34 pm

This cartoon about Bill Shorten:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/picture/2015/feb/27/come-and-see-the-alp-policy-goblins-in-their-sparkly-grotto-of-innovation

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Riding my bike back from work this arvo. Stopped at boomgates at Glen Eira Road, got in front of two cars.

When the boomgates opened I crossed over & waved thanks to the front car that let me through.

Met up with her 200 meters later at a set of lights. She had her passenger side window down

I remarked that she had a little problem with her car. In concern she asked me what it was. I replied that she had a Melbourne sticker on the back

She replied: It's not a little problem Laughing Laughing

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:19 pm

Was pulled up at a rail crossing, the bike in the lane beside me went through as soon as the gates started to lift whilst the lights were still flashing, after turning right in between the cars on the other side still stopped the front car turned its flashing red and blue lights on and followed them into the carpark Laughing
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:46 pm

The Senate has voted 35 to 32 in favour of censuring Attorney-General George Brandis. Now that has made me laugh. Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:52 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Was pulled up at a rail crossing, the bike in the lane beside me went through as soon as the gates started to lift whilst the lights were still flashing, after turning right in between the cars on the other side still stopped the front car turned its flashing red and blue lights on and followed them into the carpark Laughing

Serves em right

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:24 pm

think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Serves em right

Sure there would have been a shriek of "Police Harassing cyclists" on Twitter soon afterwards. Wink

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:32 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Riding my bike back from work this arvo. Stopped at boomgates at Glen Eira Road, got in front of two cars.

When the boomgates opened I crossed over & waved thanks to the front car that let me through.

Met up with her 200 meters later at a set of lights. She had her passenger side window down

I remarked that she had a little problem with her car. In concern she asked me what it was. I replied that she had a Melbourne sticker on the back

She replied: It's not a little problem Laughing Laughing

Could well be my GP. She blames Melbourne for all her drinking problems and her husband is a Magpie man.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Redback Spider vs Brown Snake.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/stuff/pub-talk/2015/3/redback-spider-vs-brown-snake/

Welcome to Australia Laughing

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Serves em right

Sure there would have been a shriek of "Police Harassing cyclists" on Twitter soon afterwards. Wink

Motorcyclists but same point applies Wink
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Serves em right

Nah, that was only after the police tazered him for being non compliant Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:59 pm

Doesn't the law make it compulsory to taser cyclists?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:06 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Only if you don't have an RPG in the back of the car, I'm told.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:58 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

If it makes sense, and it does, I can't see why not. Ok only those that think tram stops make targets.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Safran and Father Bob. This is 10 years old, but it's great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQOtHlYyF6o

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 80 of 200   

Jump to: