Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Good few days of sport so far...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

melliot wrote:
Sorry. You lost me when you said you barracked for everyone against your own countrymen.

These people are Aussies - do you barrack for them because of that?

Rolf Harris, Martin Bryant, Chopper Read, Stephen Milne etc etc

I prefer character over where someone is from.

The contrqsts are stark I confess but the point valid.

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:07 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
melliot wrote:
Sorry. You lost me when you said you barracked for everyone against your own countrymen.

These people are Aussies - do you barrack for them because of that?

Rolf Harris, Martin Bryant, Chopper Read, Stephen Milne etc etc

I prefer character over where someone is from.

The contrqsts are stark I confess but the point valid.

I support the Australian team. Just like I support Collingwood. There may be particular personalities I am not fond of, but I still support them when they play for the team.

I didn't like what Marley did, but I don't walk away from supporting the team because of it or Marley for that matter.

You do know it's possible to be critical but still supportive? They are not exclusive actions/feelings. Clearly you don't have kids yet.

Personally, I don't mind the "in your face" attitude the Australian Cricket team brings. It's professional sport. Not hit and giggle. That's why I want to watch it.

The examples you raise are just too silly to respond too. So ill leave it there. Cheers.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
with Collingwood smashing Dawks and today with Warner, Watson, Clarke and Mitch Johnson all having shit games. I love sport when it turns out that way! Thanks New Zealand.

SO you are a Kiwi Rolling Eyes

Must be a Kiwi Dave, can't see why an Aussie would enjoy seeing Australian cricketers play badly.

I am an Aussie. Have never been to NZ and don't have any links there. Used to love the Aussies, as a kid, would write down all the scores in an exercise book. Now, I barrack for whoever plays them. They are arrogant, sore losers and terrible winners

Warner is a disgrace the way he carries himself, punching people in pubbs over things that have nothing to do with him, accusing other teams of cheating when beaten, and worst of all, publicly attacking opponets with mental health issues. Clarke's "performance' re the Jimmy Anderson thing was like a kid at school getting a bigger kid to bash someone up on his behalf (real tough to get Mitch Johnson to have a crack at the no 11 batsman). Haddin is a cheat. Watson is all about me, like Micky Arthur said "a cancer" in the team. Mitch Johnson is a tool, thinks he is a cross between Muhummad Ali and Dennis Lillee.

Steve Smith, George Bailey, Aaron Finch and maybe Nathan Lyon about the only ones worth having a beer with. When the tools are gone, I will be backing Australia, my country, once again.

Not that I really care who you support but isn't it a bit of a slap in the face to those guys you'd have a beer with? You don't support their team because you don't like their team mates?

Anyway, curious as to why you'd get on a Collingwood discussion board to start a thread praising the cricketing efforts of New Zealand?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: