Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

And you think Abbott plays the fear card?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:11 am
Post subject: And you think Abbott plays the fear card?Reply with quote

Check out what the Israeli Right puts out

http://rt.com/news/232571-netanyahu-campaign-video-isis/

Forget boat people, the Israeli Left are going to have ISIS driving around Jerusalem.

Laughing

I admit I'm not fully versed in Israeli politics, but does this shit really fly over there? Isis have as much chance of getting into Israel as a Neo Nazi punk band.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:15 am
Post subject: Re: And you think Abbott plays the fear card?Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
Check out what the Israeli Right puts out

http://rt.com/news/232571-netanyahu-campaign-video-isis/

Forget boat people, the Israeli Left are going to have ISIS driving around Jerusalem.

Laughing

I admit I'm not fully versed in Israeli politics, but does this shit really fly over there? Isis have as much chance of getting into Israel as a Neo Nazi punk band.

You should have prefaced it with Netehyahu is losing in the polls. He has been roundly condemned for this advertising.

However, they're not too far away so it is an easier card to play there than here.

The other part of the equation is that ISIS very much plays into his hands as does Bibi play onto the hands of the other murderous fanatics of ISIS, Islamic Jihad, Hamas & Hezbollah.

As you probably know a neo nazi punk band has already played there.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:33 am

watt price tully wrote:

You should have prefaced it with Netehyahu is losing in the polls. He has been roundly condemned for this advertising.

However, they're not too far away so it is an easier card to play there than here.

The other part of the equation is that ISIS very much plays into his hands as does Bibi play onto the hands of the other murderous fanatics of ISIS, Islamic Jihad, Hamas & Hezbollah.

I know there are some Israeli Neo Nazis, but no, I didn't know they allowed a tour of a neo Nazi band. I just tried to think of something that was somewhat crazy but not overly offensive or ridiculous. Laughing

I get that ISIS are somewhat of an 'imminent threat', but they have almost 0 chance of defeating Syria under Assad (without help), and Assad has almost 0 chance of driving a pickup truck on the road the Jerusalem, let alone ISIS. Israel could probably defeat ISIS in a couple of months if Syria said "Please come in and help" (I know, not going to happen).

Bibi must be in an Abbott like poll hole to try and pull this one, but I was just highlighting what a lightweight we are in the political fear campaign stakes.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, Abbott and Netanyahu - you can just see them now on stage in a duel to see who could puff their chest out furthest while pulling the sternest face possible and discussing border protection. Talk about a pair of grossly unlikeable, posturing buffoons.

That's good news the thug is down in the polls, WPT. Are there any fresh faces waiting in the wings?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:05 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Lol, Abbott and Netanyahu - you can just see them now on stage in a duel to see who could puff their chest out furthest while pulling the sternest face possible and discussing border protection. Talk about a pair of grossly unlikeable, posturing buffoons.

That's good news the thug is down in the polls, WPT. Are there any fresh faces waiting in the wings?

His disapproval rate is high I believe but Hamas, Hezbollah & ISIS like attacks will get him back in.

There was a skirmish not too long ago on the Golan with Hezbollah & Iran trying to take over positions there. This is a new front against Israel. Israel took out top Iranian military just a few kilometres away as well has a top Hezbollah commander that went with a first name of Jihad. This provoked a response from Hezbollah that took out a tank near Lebanon.

This type of thing will invite security issues which in turn will turn voters to the right.

However, the cost of living under the right is very high & this will operate against Bibi as it does amongst other liberal democracies.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:33 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Errrr, I know a bit about Punk rock and
I admit that I haven't kept up with the punk scene (much) since the Clash broke up and (and The Jesus and Mary Chain got lost in their own hairspray).
Anything darker than Black Flag (yawn) leaves me feeling cold, hollow and overwhelming desire to put on Billy Bragg or Credence Clearwater etc to wash the bad taste from my ears.

for the life of me I can't think of which band you are refering too?

I googled neo-nazi bands in Israel and came up blank.

Confused X 3.146
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:35 pm

I can't think of anything. You think of something.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:40 pm

3.14159 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Errrr, I know a bit about Punk rock and
I admit that I haven't kept up with the punk scene (much) since the Clash broke up and (and The Jesus and Mary Chain got lost in their own hairspray).
Anything darker than Black Flag (yawn) leaves me feeling cold, hollow and overwhelming desire to put on Billy Bragg or Credence Clearwater etc to wash the bad taste from my ears.

for the life of me I can't think of which band you are refering too?

I googled neo-nazi bands in Israel and came up blank.

Confused X 3.146

I couldn't find one either but let it slide. Surely the internet doesn't know everything Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:26 pm

I could have confused Barry Manilow with the neo nazi punk band Wink
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:38 pm

Makes we wonder how censored the internet is in Isreal?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:54 pm

^ Do you have any evidence?

Now back to the real world.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:27 pm

watt price tully wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

His disapproval rate is high I believe but Hamas, Hezbollah & ISIS like attacks will get him back in.

There was a skirmish not too long ago on the Golan with Hezbollah & Iran trying to take over positions there. This is a new front against Israel. Israel took out top Iranian military just a few kilometres away as well has a top Hezbollah commander that went with a first name of Jihad. This provoked a response from Hezbollah that took out a tank near Lebanon.

This type of thing will invite security issues which in turn will turn voters to the right.

However, the cost of living under the right is very high & this will operate against Bibi as it does amongst other liberal democracies.

One can always rely on the far right to keep each other in power!

Did the Australian Jewish community receive Bibi George W. Abbott Netanyahu's message today? Yes, it's time for Jewish folk to pack up their lives and communities and head home, because only a real man can be trusted to offer real protection!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/16/leaders-criticise-netanyahu-calls-jewish-mass-migration-israel

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:06 am

This guy is a nutcase and a danger to his own people. Please, Israel, do the right thing and vote him out so he can embrace his proper calling in liferanting on buses.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/01/netanyahu-thwart-iran-nuclear-deal-tehran

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:11 am

Jon Stewart nails it again:

http://www.haaretz.com/video/1.645253

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:05 am

watt price tully wrote:
Jon Stewart nails it again:

http://www.haaretz.com/video/1.645253

Yes, well done to Jon Stewart for knowingly taking the heat in advance to at least say something on the matter.

From Israel's POV, could there be a worse strategy than assuming billions of Others dealing with their own shite and difficulties worldwide are going stand and applaud like they're white evangelical Republicans and nothing else on earth matters?

The billions of Others on earth representing thousands of people groups in all manner of dire situations don't think they might as well be dead while Nutteryahu struts about like a baboon on the world stage throwing poop at the crowd and getting whatever he wants.

To the average Jewish person out there, and you my good friend WPT, just to let you know, that's not a drop in support for advancing Israel's national status, efforts to seek existential normalisation, and need to be protected from the dysfunctional forces of the region; nor is it a drop in concern for the current spate of anti-Semitic attacks across Europe. I will keep supporting Israel and I still fear for Israel's security and the safety of Jewish folk everywhere despite such dated, repugnant fools as Nutteryahu.

And to the average Muslim person out there, and my new local friends here, that's not a drop in support for working to remedy one of the most concerted processes of dehumanisation at home and abroad in human history, and a sustained and disgraceful process of interference, manipulation, violent theft and purposeful underdevelopment.

That's my commitment to all involved, anyhow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: