Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vic State Government and the Tunnel

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Why are they so against the road anyway?

The population is growing year by year so I would thought you city slickers would need the infrastructure to match.

Listen hear Polyanna,

There is an organization called Infrastructure Australia who investigated & researched ( that's the reason they exist) the major infrastructure projects that are worth or not worth millions of dollars of public spending.

In Victoria, the East West Link is a major funding catastrophe with little benefit - didn't make it on their priority to do list: its that bad economically & for transport needs. It's rated at 0.4 that is for every dollar spent the net the commercial result is a loss of 60 cents.

For public transport the commercial gain is rated at 1.7 that is for every dollar spent 'we" get back $1.70 in value

However completing the ring road is also a positive gain (not a loss) that the former government could have invested in.

So what did the dumb f*ckers (the previous libs) do?

Not only did they sign off on this, the Cnut of an attorney general then Michael "C*ckhead" O'Brien signs off a letter that he hid from the public just before the election saying to big business essentially don't worry about the upcoming state elections in Victoria, I have bypassed the will of the people through elections & through the courts & given you absolute certainty that the most economically inefficient & costly project will always win you profit regardless of the election outcome, regardless of commercial costs to the public & without capacity for any government to change this.

O'Brien is C*nt & Pr*ck of the highest order & should resign.

Yes of course we need more infrastructure. However the previous libs ignored the expert body on this that is Infrastructure Australia. Why did they do this? Pork barreling, ideology & remember they were seen as a do nothing government under Ted the Toff so in their indecent haste they came up with this cockamamie idea under Denis the Vet

More than one way to skin an infrastructure cat.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:19 am

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Hey Swoop, It's estimated to cost $58 Billion by the time it's finished. I think thats a good reason. Personally my thoughts it will make no difference it will be a road for the rich. The poor will not be able to afford the estimated $25 toll each way so they will avoid it like they do now and create more congestion.

The Ring Road connected to the Eastern Freeway would ease more traffic (especially Heavy Trucks) and is so logical I cannot believe no Government has gone down this path. Rail from Doncaster to the City another that has been promised for over 60 years would take even more cars of the road.

The thing I am pissed off about, they rushed the signing knowing there was a fair chance they would lose the election and signed clauses for a payout. It's downright corrupt.

Absolutely yes. Connecting the ring Road at Greensborough to the Eastern should be a no brainer but the Greens won't let it happen. I think when it was last raised someone found a rare frog near Eltham or something. Rolling Eyes I heard Napthine asked about it on MMM before the election and he ran away at light speed from the idea claiming "environmental" issues. If the Libs weren't game to try it there's zero chance Labor will.

Frigging pity because apart from completing the ring, linking the Eastern suburbs to the Hume would be brilliant.

I live just off the Greensborough bypass so I know the area quite well.

When you go past the army barracks to lower plenty road, there is that vacant land just to the left. I believe that's where they want to put the road.

I'd like the road... I think... but Greensborough bypass will need to be widened from the barracks to three lanes each way and would the barracks allow them to buy into their land or will the land owners on the other wise of the road get screwed as per always.

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/planning-and-projects/melbourne-road-projects/north-east-link

http://www.friendsofbanyule.org/who-we-are/the-north-east-link.aspx

"The Banyule City Council recently tabled a proposal to have the Banyule Flats, the Warringal Parklands and the Yarra Corridor made into a Heritage listed area."
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm walking distance from the Watsonia Rd Shops. That plan makes perfect sense, widen Greensborough rd from just before Yallambie Rd, run straight down to Lwr Plenty road and put a tunnel under Viewback popping up at Thompsons rd top join into the Eastern. You'd mae what can be a 30 minute drive in peak hour into a 5 minute one.

Where do I sign? Can we get a protest group together with shovels to start digging the tunnel?

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:14 pm

^ I reckon we're in walking distance of each other.

Do you have any idea what the road works are that are being done to Watsonia Road from March through June??
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:27 pm

NFI. They're doing roadworks? Where?

I just went to IGA, is there a sign somewhere I missed?

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I'm walking distance from the Watsonia Rd Shops. That plan makes perfect sense, widen Greensborough rd from just before Yallambie Rd, run straight down to Lwr Plenty road and put a tunnel under Viewback popping up at Thompsons rd top join into the Eastern. You'd mae what can be a 30 minute drive in peak hour into a 5 minute one.

Where do I sign? Can we get a protest group together with shovels to start digging the tunnel?

Just watch out for the rare species that happens to live right in its path Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:09 pm

That would be the petit bourgeoisie, eddiesmith?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:20 pm

nah, they're in Brunswick.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:22 pm

No, Stui, the posers are in Brunswick.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Isn't that the same thing? Razz Wink
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:29 pm

He wrote "Total Recall", "Man in the High Castle", and "Blade Runner. "
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:33 pm

Didn't he actually write "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" and "We can Remember It For You Wholesale"?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:

nah, they're in Brunswick.

Nah not Brunnie, they're not sufficiently effluent (most of the time).

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:35 pm

The sufficiently effluent reside in Werribee. Cool
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The sufficiently effluent reside in Werribee. Cool

Shit yeah Wink

But Werribee is hardly the petit bourgeoisie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: