Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I think we have a player in Ramsay

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell did we get Tom Langdon so late in the draft. Looks like a top 5 pick and as if he has played for five or more years. From what I can gather Scharenberg has the same poise and potential to organise play, mop up and take intercept marks. With these two we may just have our next Morwood and Clement at the same time.

The other thing is with Sinclair most of us don't have him in their best 25 players. It may just be with Sinkers that he has matured after enough pre-seasons that we are under estimating him- a common situation with us supporters where we need to catch up on reality. There may be a time later this season where the name Sinclair in the back pocket or half back is accepted just like Langdon's name now is. Sinkers is lightning quick and very close to the quickest on our list along with Marsh. I think we should keep an open mind here.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:53 pm

some good points made by all in this forum. Think Ramsay has some real dash and vigour. He unfortunately lacks a left foot which may inhibit his long term prospects. Sinclair drove me to despair when he played forward with "heart in your mouth" tendencies when he went to dispose however I was really impressed with his polish and poise last night. One snowflake doesn't make a Winter however given he was drafted in 2008 maybe 7 pre seasons are kicking in.

Don't think we can play Sinclair, Marley, Ramsay and Toovey in the same side (2 at most) nor can we play N Brown and Frost in the same backline with B Reid's skills and set up abilities much needed there.

Like the balance of the forward line:

HF: Swan Gault Karnezis
F: Elliot T Cloke J White

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:38 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Agree, Rudey. I like Ramsay although he's a little rough around the edges but the stand out for me was Sinclair. He was composed all night and one of the few defenders I actually felt really comfortable with, with ball in hands. No way I thought I'd be saying that a year or two ago.

I agree. I recall
Malthouse eaying early in 2011 that they had Sinclair in the 22. They clearly rated him early, then found he had a few issues with early nerves and injuries. Say what you like about Malthouse, he's been around footy clubs for a long time, and he knows talent when he sees it. What i saw of Ben last night says to me that he'll be a real plus for us in 2015, and over time, I'd not be surprised to see him grow into a gun.

Bolsheviki 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:39 pm

inxs88 wrote:
some good points made by all in this forum. Think Ramsay has some real dash and vigour. He unfortunately lacks a left foot which may inhibit his long term prospects. Sinclair drove me to despair when he played forward with "heart in your mouth" tendencies when he went to dispose however I was really impressed with his polish and poise last night. One snowflake doesn't make a Winter however given he was drafted in 2008 maybe 7 pre seasons are kicking in.

Don't think we can play Sinclair, Marley, Ramsay and Toovey in the same side (2 at most) nor can we play N Brown and Frost in the same backline with B Reid's skills and set up abilities much needed there.

Like the balance of the forward line:

HF: Swan Gault Karnezis
F: Elliot T Cloke J White

A fit Faz is a walk up start in our forward line.....and for that matter, so is Goldy

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Mugwump wrote:
[quote="FrankieGoesToCollingwood"]Agree, Rudey. I like Ramsay although he's a little rough around the edges but the stand out for me was Sinclair. He was composed all night and one of the few defenders I actually felt really comfortable with, with ball in hands. No way I thought I'd be saying that a year or two ago.[/quote]

I agree. I recall
Malthouse eaying early in 2011 that they had Sinclair in the 22. They clearly rated him early, then found he had a few issues with early nerves and injuries. Say what you like about Malthouse, he's been around footy clubs for a long time, and he knows talent when he sees it. What i saw of Ben last night says to me that he'll be a real plus for us in 2015, and over time, I'd not be surprised to see him grow into a gun.
what you like about Malthouse he's been footy clubs for a long time and he knows talent when he sees it
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Ramsay looked like he belonged, but the stand out defender for me was Sinclair. Seems he may be our designated kicker from full-back as well. Unlike others, I also thought Williams played well. Langdon looks set to take off from where he left off last year. As noted by someone else, both Brown and Frost were rusty, making it more important than ever that we get Reid back at CHB.

Agree on Sinclair, looked good in the intraclub last week as well. Actually nice to see him back to his best form. Love the fact that he, Williams, and Ramsay give us small defender depth and flexibility.

Langdon looked like a seasoned veteran mopping up across HB.

Brown and Frost took some time but I think settled well on McEvoy and Gunston. Both high quality opponents. Happy to see how thet go NAB 2 & 3.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:32 am

I also liked what was on display from Ramsey. Sadly for him though I think he is simply keeping Scharenberg's spot warm.

The other thing to note is that these pre-season games are played more at the speed and intensity of VFL matches so lesser players tend to have a better chance of succeeding. Not to detract from a good performance from those discussed above (Ramsey, Goldy, Faz, Karnezis, White, Sinclair), all of whom shone out there.

The biggest plus for me was the reaction of the boys to the three quarter time rev from Buckley who implored them to trust themselves, believe in the system and go! and they did. the style was very attractive.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:32 am

Not worried about the tall backmen being rusty that is what practice games are for.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:09 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Ramsay looked like he belonged, but the stand out defender for me was Sinclair. Seems he may be our designated kicker from full-back as well. Unlike others, I also thought Williams played well. Langdon looks set to take off from where he left off last year. As noted by someone else, both Brown and Frost were rusty, making it more important than ever that we get Reid back at CHB.

Even if they are not 'rusty' Brown and Frost are very similar types and Keefe or Reid is needed down back to provide more attacking flair.

Given Reid is still needed up fwd and Keefe is not a fwd I would keep Reid as a fwd who can switch back if the young guys and or WHite step up… very unlikely in 2015 though!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:11 am

Good sides with gun forwards will isolate Keeffe one on one in the goal square and Keefe will be butchered. It doesn't matter how much attacking flair you have if you can't negate your opponent. Both Brown and Frost have the ability to knock the ball to ground and then Williams, Sinclair and Ramsay can mop up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: