Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks at training in Launceston today

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:47 pm
Post subject: Bucks at training in Launceston todayReply with quote

I can't do a report like other posters here but did see the Pies train today at Launceston. It was a very light session, only about 45 min. Living in Tas I have never seen them train but I was very impressed with our old number 5.

I watched Bucks kick out a stack of times to players who effectively were at half back (he was in goals), every kick hit the mark, lowish 50+ metre passes. He still has his magnificent kicking skills. If only he could just take the kick ins, we'd be a much better team. Sadly miss Neon Leon doing this

All the players and Bucks himself were very warm and obliging re signing autographs, photos etc. Left a very good impression on the largeish crowd there to watch them train.

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Nathan kicking out at one stage during 1999-2001 (Yes, I'm being broad), and I thought to myself, yep, he is brilliant. The precision and distance was elite with his kicking in this example.

Just hope we can orchestrate a plan from defence this year.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:32 am

Didaksgoal wrote:
I remember Nathan kicking out at one stage during 1999-2001 (Yes, I'm being broad), and I thought to myself, yep, he is brilliant. The precision and distance was elite with his kicking in this example.

Just hope we can orchestrate a plan from defence this year.

I remember that too. It was comical. Bucks would hit a target 60 metres upfield and then the player would hold onto the ball until bucks could get up the ground to get it back.......if there were two of him we would have won multiple flags.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:55 am

I still find it hard or hard to believe with all the professionalism, strategies & planning into the game these days we still cannot come up with a designated kicker?

One of our most unique features of the game but we cant get it right?
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:01 am

the term elite kick is a broad one, just like champion is. so i guess it stems from society embracing mediocrity and immodesty. but not Bucks, a true professional in every sense through hard work and determination.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:40 am

Time to reintroduce the playing caoch role. I would have him on slot 41, 42 or 43 on the list or whateverthe last slot is. Let him play the sweeper role in defence, and take said kick-ins.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:24 am

Pete 70 wrote:
Time to reintroduce the playing caoch role. I would have him on slot 41, 42 or 43 on the list or whateverthe last slot is. Let him play the sweeper role in defence, and take said kick-ins.

He still looks like he could still Play Wink

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:37 pm

One of those massive finals we won in Adelaide back in 02 or 03 (can't remember off the top) there was a passage where Bucks kicked in and then bobbed up at the other end of the ground and slotted the goal. What a champion player he was.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Pete 70 wrote:

Michael Jordan came back when the team he put together weren't as good as he was (even in retirement). He wasn't Michael Jordan anymore, but he did ok. reckon Bucks would too.....

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Bucks was the best kick I've seen for the club in my supporting life! He still has it even seven years after retiring.
Boot 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:55 am

Not that I am suggesting he is going to be as good the great Bucks, but as far as the best kick in our team and finding someone who could take on the kicking-in duties in the senior team, Adam Oxley is an interesting prospect.

With Nathan Brown and Ben Reid holding down the Key Back roles, I see Oxley slightly behind Jack Frost and even Darcy Moore for a spot in the back pocket, but I love his elite kicking ability and if he can get some continuity into his game and show some form like he was showing in 2013 he may be able to have a breakout year and add that elite kicking style to a defense that often butchers the delivery out of the backline.

Be interested to hear if other Nicksters have any opinion on Oxley's future prospects for this year and beyond.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Boot wrote:
Not that I am suggesting he is going to be as good the great Bucks, but as far as the best kick in our team and finding someone who could take on the kicking-in duties in the senior team, Adam Oxley is an interesting prospect.

With Nathan Brown and Ben Reid holding down the Key Back roles, I see Oxley slightly behind Jack Frost and even Darcy Moore for a spot in the back pocket, but I love his elite kicking ability and if he can get some continuity into his game and show some form like he was showing in 2013 he may be able to have a breakout year and add that elite kicking style to a defense that often butchers the delivery out of the backline.

Be interested to hear if other Nicksters have any opinion on Oxley's future prospects for this year and beyond.

Good point. The Ox's kicking is poetry in motion. I stood on the ground and watched him warming up at Box Hill in 2013 and was surprised to see how beautifully the ball comes off his boot. Straight as an arrow with penetration.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: