Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tackling & pressure!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:47 pm
Post subject: Tackling & pressure!Reply with quote

It was great to see this facet of performance tonight. Always believe these features are reflective of the coaching directive, so well done Nathan and team. It may not be for 4 points but at least we can build on it!
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the reason we were 8-3 midway into 2014. With such a young team it was expected that it would drop off but maybe not as much as it did. It's such a taxing game that we need to learn tempo footy and be able to slow down the game and hold on to the ball.

But it's great to watch and I think Goldy drives it so it was no coincidence the pressure drop away when he had to go back in the 2nd half of the season to cover injuries down back.

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Geez we're a hard team. Adding Levi was a beautiful touch, with Swan, Pendles and to a lesser extent Blair, we won't give up a contest easily this year.

Wrapped with Adams in close too. Still a slight concern about the polish but we'll see what happens.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:08 pm

The hardness and intensity was very good for a first pre-season game

the fact we ran the game out well I was also really happy with

Lot of your blokes played like they wanted to secure a game in the next round, very pleasing
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:05 am

The tackling pressure last night was superb. It reminded me of the days of 2010/2011 when we used to do that on a consistent basis and even remnants of the latter stages of 2013 when we hit a good run of form and actually were tackling in a manic manner.

The tackle count ended up being 54 to 42 in our favour so it was great to see. Kennedy, Karnezis, Elliott, Greenwood and Goldsack were all outstanding in their tackling pressure.

There was a lot of positives to take out of last night.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:11 am

Kennedy is the one that impressed me most last night compared to my expectations of each player.

I have always thought the young kids DeGoey, Broomhead, Freeman, and Adams (of those that played) are destined to be stars. I would not be surprised now if Kennedy turns out to be a gem! Really promising performance.

On a different note, I thought Karnezis, Faz and White all showed that their mindset is correct.

Of the new guys, Varcoe showed me nothing, Crisp and Greenwood performed as advertised and both seem to add value to our list.

Finally, I am slowly being won over by Gault. Thought he was simply a list stuffer. The boy can play. Doesn't mean he will make it, but he is a lot closer than I thought.

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:00 am

weird... Varcoe listed as best for pies on some news sights.

From the highlights, De Goey's tackling is v good for a first year player. Created Sidey's goal with his pressure. Sounded like a good even spread from all involved. Severely weakened hawks side, but promising signs in all areas.

Think we'll still get pushed around by the top sides this year, due to our size and inexperience, but there are plenty of players that are showing signs to become serious players in the next few years.

Won't play round 1, but here is the side that I'm excited about seeing in 12 - 18 months time...

Langdon Frost Williams
Scharenberg Reid Goldsack De Goey
Sidebottom Swan Adams
*** Fasolo Cloke ***
Karnezis Moore Elliott

Grundy Pendles Greenwood

Kennedy Seedsman Sinclair/Witts/Varcoe/Crisp/Gault/Freeman
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:05 am

cityslick1 wrote:

From the highlights, De Goey's tackling is v good for a first year player. Created Sidey's goal with his pressure. Sounded like a good even spread from all involved. Severely weakened hawks side, but promising signs in all areas.

Think we'll still get pushed around by the top sides this year, due to our size and inexperience, but there are plenty of players that are showing signs to become serious players in the next few years.

Won't play round 1, but here is the side that I'm excited about seeing in 12 - 18 months time...

Langdon Frost Williams
Sidebottom Swan Adams
*** Fasolo Cloke ***
Karnezis Moore Elliott

Grundy Pendles Greenwood

Varcoe didn't impress me at all and I am amazed he was in the best. He can play, it's a new team and different way of playing and he will get better but in the best? Shocked
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:24 am

Culprit wrote:
cityslick1 wrote:

Langdon Frost Williams
Sidebottom Swan Adams
*** Fasolo Cloke ***
Karnezis Moore Elliott

Grundy Pendles Greenwood

Varcoe didn't impress me at all and I am amazed he was in the best. He can play, it's a new team and different way of playing and he will get better but in the best? Shocked

Agree. Had a reasonable game and hopefully will continue to improve but wouldn't have made my top 10.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:52 am

agreed pressure was great and also delighted at the 1st / 2nd handball to get free ball ….

defending kick in needs work, allowed corridor too easily

our kick in's have improved

really encouraged …..

carn pies
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:18 am

Our pressure and skills were good, our kicking into 50 was suprisingly good. That tap from Grundy to DeGoey and a perfect kick to Gault who snagged a sausage roll was great to watch.

www.facebook/the hybernators
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:43 am

jackcass wrote:
Culprit wrote:
cityslick1 wrote:

Langdon Frost Williams
Sidebottom Swan Adams
*** Fasolo Cloke ***
Karnezis Moore Elliott

Grundy Pendles Greenwood

Agree. Had a reasonable game and hopefully will continue to improve but wouldn't have made my top 10.

AFL.com had Goldsack in the bests!

That must have been some 4 possies from 53% game time.

Um no.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:20 am

Funny that hey Swoop. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: