Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Slipper resigns...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

On what grounds is Slipper a slime bag, NJ? The sexual harassment charges were vexatious and the cabcharge issue is over (and minor compared to what most MPs seem to get away with). The text message thing was a complete stitch-up, and I don't blame him one bit for defecting from the party that had been trying to backstab him for years. So, unless you're privileged to information that I'm not, I'm not sure that he's earned such vitriol (well, any more than the average major party politician).

I think Slipper emerged from that affair with far more integrity intact than Mal Brough or pretty much any (then) opposition frontbencher who drove him out of the speaker's chair.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:55 pm

nomadjack wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:
The guy was a corrupt hack, so corrupt that even other Liberal Party trough divers were uncomfortable with his skimming.

Reading why the appeal was successful hardly shows a glowing exoneration, in fact the judge states:

"I accept that the evidence before the Magistrate was capable of raising, as a rational inference, the proposition that the appellant undertook each of the three journeys for purposes unrelated to parliamentary business," he said.

"She may have been entitled to conclude that it was the most probable inference."

It must be some painful cognitive dissonance when you have to defend a corrupt liberal party underling in order to attack Tony Abbott.

Slipper is innocent of all charges. If you have evidence to back your claim that Slipper is corrupt then you know more than a judge who actually has seen & read the evidence.

The black & white of this is that he is innocent.

If you have evidence of Slippers corruption go tell the Police, go & shout it everywhere. What are the libel laws like in the ACT?

Your selective use of quotes fails to mention that the magistrate got it wrong as judged in a superior court. Just because you think he is corrupt doesn't make him corrupt.

The Liberals & The mad Misogynist Monk (his best man) have a lot to answer for. The consequences of their lust for power is being shown up day by day'.

Perhaps we can ask honest Mal Brough about it too? Perhaps you can remind us what a previous judge said about him?

You might want to be more careful in picking your white knights wpt. Shocked That Abbott is a scumbag of the first order who through his ex friend under a bus for political purposes doesn't excuse the fact that Slipper is a grade A slime bag himself. These charges being overturned doesn't change any of that. Everyone in parliament knows exactly what Slipper is and no-one will be rushing to his defence.

I know what his reputation is & I don't see him as a white knight. However, he is not guilty of the charges against him & as far as we know he is not corrupt.he was treated shabbily & without shame & I don't want to see (even) Abbott treated like that & he has a lot more to answer with his legal polices than Slipper does with the false allegations against him.

I don't think anyone should be shamed like Slipper was made to by the disgusting tactics of the Liberal party. Mind you, I might equivocate on Bernardi Wink

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:03 pm

It seemed like it would never happen, but the chickens may be finally coming home to roost for Mal Brough.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/nov/25/clive-palmer-mal-brough-allegations-james-ashby-peter-slipper

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Interesting comparison.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Palmer only said that yesterday to distract attention from the fact that his company is in a great deal of financial trouble (like all other coal companies).

Doesn't mean it isn't true, of course. Mr Dirty Tricks Mal Brough is in very hot water, and not before time. It's not easy to make Slippery Pete look like an angel: standing him next to that slimball Brough is one of the few known ways to do it.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:00 pm

David wrote:
It seemed like it would never happen, but the chickens may be finally coming home to roost for Mal Brough.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/nov/25/clive-palmer-mal-brough-allegations-james-ashby-peter-slipper

Roosting mission completed:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/feb/26/mal-brough-announces-he-will-quit-parliament-in-wake-of-afp-investigation?CMP=soc_567

One reaps what one sows. As I posted in this thread back in 2012:

David wrote:
Bruno wrote:
I however believe where there is smoke, there is more often then not fire. With this in mind, I would be disappointed if Mal Brough is indeed pre-selected to represent the Liberal Party at the next election.

Too late, I think, he already has been which is fine by me, actually. If the Liberal Party want to play in the mud, they'd better get used to being associated with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15   

Jump to: