Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2015 Cheer Squad

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:21 pm
Post subject: 2015 Cheer SquadReply with quote

Dear Cheer Squad Member,

Thank you for your contribution to the Official Cheer Squad in 2014. You have helped to set strong foundations for a bigger and better Cheer Squad in future years and your support of the club is appreciated.

Based on feedback from members, we trialled a number of new initiatives throughout 2014. Due to the important role the Official Cheer Squad plays on match day, it is essential to continually explore new ideas and ways of doing things.

Please find below a list of changes that will take place in 2015.

Banner
A crepe banner will be constructed for every match of 2015. Therefore a banner will need to be made as a collective each Thursday night. More details regarding times and location will be made available closer to Round 1.

Uniform
In 2015, there will be no set uniform, however, all Cheer Squad members are expected to be dressed in Collingwood Football Club attire. This can include Guernsey’s, polo shirts, scarves, caps or anything black & white.

We will supply a Cheer Squad branded members polo to all who have selected their size on the 2015 Application Form. However, there will be no specific Cheer Squad uniform in 2015.

Seating
All Cheer Squad members will be guaranteed a seat in the newly allocated M33 of the MCG. This will bring our Cheer Squad directly behind goals to support and cheer on the team from an optimal position.

Seating in the front row will continue to be allocated weekly to incorporate new guests and any special requests. Based on your feedback and some minor concerns with the seating process in 2014, we will be trialling a General Admission style seating process, whereby all members that show up on match day simply scan their membership card to gain entry and take an available seat.

2015 BBQ
The annual Cheer Squad catch up will be held on Wednesday 11 February at 5:30pm at the Westpac Centre.

All members are encouraged to attend as you will have a chance to design your own flag for the upcoming season.

Please RSVP by 4pm, Friday February 6 by responding to our Cheer Squad email.

If you have any queries regarding the Official Cheer Squad in 2015, please contact cheersquad@collingwoodfc.com.au.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a positive approach after the years of less than desirable 'rules'.

And now you're moving across to the next bay I can't say I'm immediately above the cheer squad anymore, so can't keep an eye on you all to make sure you behave correctly Wink

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Thanks for providing the information Ian! Smile

Some positive changes here with the most notable one being cheer squad members being able to do the weekly match-day banner again which the club removed last year on Thursday nights.

Interesting that there's no specific uniform this year as I did kind of like the white look that was embodied by the CS last year so I guess it won't stand out as much this year.

I think it's common sense that the CS moved to m33 as it's directly situated behind the goals even though my seating allocation had to be changed accordingly as I was in m33 for the last few years for my reserved seating arrangements. Thankfully I'm happy with my new spot in m35 for home games now. I'm not sure of my away seating arrangement yet but my membership package has been dispatched now.

Hopefully the CS plus the newly-formed active area proposed last year in September will be a success this year. We need the Ponsford end buzzing again after a pretty lacklustre few years, especially last year in the latter stages of the season when scheduling was poor and the team was under-performing.

Magpies4 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:19 pm

Hello Rod i put to the club exactly what you said and they didn't really even want to listen about having young people and all and getting more property and they said we will not be buying anymore stuff this year i said ok but i cant do anymore on that side of thing but i think i should be president i could get it going again nice young and fresh mind and body.

Josh

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:47 am

Magpies4 wrote:
Hello Rod i put to the club exactly what you said and they didn't really even want to listen about having young people and all and getting more property and they said we will not be buying anymore stuff this year i said ok but i cant do anymore on that side of thing but i think i should be president i could get it going again nice young and fresh mind and body.

Josh

g'day george! don't they teach you about full stops at school? Wink

did you make the jack hellier banner? if so, good job!

Magpies4 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:48 pm

Hello John,
For one my name is Josh and I did make the banner for jack. Also I will put full stops were I want ok. 😎

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:25 am

Magpies4 wrote:
Hello John,
For one my name is Josh and I did make the banner for jack. Also I will put full stops were I want ok. 😎

more full stops, less trying to take over the world.

collingwoodfan Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:12 pm

Emailed the club a few weeks ago about 2016 CS and they emailed back that they're working on a specific CS membership for 2016 but no details yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: