Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

State of Origin?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:12 pm
Post subject: State of Origin?Reply with quote

Should it happen? How could it happen?
I'm all for it.
NFL has a Pro Bowl with top players from teams that didn't make the Super Bowl playing, week before the Super Bowl. Could the AFL do something similar? Shorter regular season and a weekend of S of O? A couple of games on the weekend. Eg Fri night Vic/Tas v SA, Saturday night WA/NT v Qld/NSW? Rotate match ups the next year.
The Pro Bowl seemed a bit passionless but there would be plenty in AFL.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pro Bowl was brilliant. One of the teams beat the other. Dalton managed not to throw more interceptions than completed passes. What more could you want?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:36 pm

State of origin seemed to die when the legendary Ted Whitten passed on 20 years ago! From my impressions he seem to galvanise and heavily pump up the state of origin but when he was gone the whole concept seemed to fall flat in the end.

I can't say I would be too bothered if it returned again and it would be annoying if a player from your own team was to sustain a serious injury playing in these state of origin matches in the first place.

The AFL hasn't explored bringing it back lately so I don't think it's on their agenda at the moment.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:48 pm

Jezza wrote:
State of origin seemed to die when the legendary Ted Whitten passed on 20 years ago! From my impressions he seem to galvanise and heavily pump up the state of origin but when he was gone the whole concept seemed to fall flat in the end.

I can't say I would be too bothered if it returned again and it would be annoying if a player from your own team was to sustain a serious injury playing in these state of origin matches in the first place.

The AFL hasn't explored bringing it back lately so I don't think it's on their agenda at the moment.

Josh Fraser got injured and had ongoing issues with his knee pretty much starting when he got injured in the last State Of Origin, something I don't wish to see happen to Pendles or Steele.

Waste of time and essentially meaningless now. People may as well back the Victorians in MKR to sate those pangs of parochialism.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:58 pm

My point exactly Flashman. It's just not worth it when there's bigger fish to fry so to speak.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:23 pm

I would love it but the Clubs won’t go for it because they don’t want there Players injured away from Playing and Training at there Club
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: