Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trevor Hendy helping Cloke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Apparently Hendy is working as a life skills and well-being mentor???????

It's all a bit too new agey for me, but I guess if some players/coaches around the club benefit from his experiences then far be it for me to criticise his work. At least he's an old Preston boy and lifelong Collingwood supporter apparently, so that's a good start. Rolling Eyes

Think Bucks Brought him in

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Been working with Trav since last season unless I'm mistaken. Don't see why it's an issue. Not as if Hendy doesn't have some life experience he can impart on Trav.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:01 am

No doubt Hendy would just be talking about the pressure that would on Cloke to perform etc. I don't see it being a big deal, another sportsman with years of experience in the media spotlight and having pressure on him giving another advice.

It's not that unusual for different sports people to talk, and share ideas, and such on how to better oneself during their sporting life, or even how to handle the media, and all.

I think someone outside of the club and sport to talk about issues of the mind in sport is pretty good work actually.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:08 am

I think this can be very good for Cloke - if he thinks its good then it will be. Confidence is hard thing to tackle so a positive approach will count for a lot.

When I have seen Cloke play (which is not often) he seems to have changed from someone with a big tank that used to run all day to a more 'stay at home' type of forward - I wonder if he got more mobile he might get more into the game.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:33 am

For Cloke to be successful he also needs to be given a fair go by the umpires. This type of treatment with no resulting free kick in his favour needs to stop.

Play On 3.png

Play On

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:57 pm

jackcass wrote:
Been working with Trav since last season unless I'm mistaken. Don't see why it's an issue. Not as if Hendy doesn't have some life experience he can impart on Trav.

OK, lets get Abbott to teach Cloke how to survive while constantly kicking stuff out of bounds!! Great life experience there..... Rolling Eyes Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:59 pm

Thanks for your support. Thanks for sharing your philosophy.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
For Cloke to be successful he also needs to be given a fair go by the umpires. This type of treatment with no resulting free kick in his favour needs to stop.

Agree with this m8 Cloke gets monstered all game, every game with zero consequences for the molesters.

It's time the club got on the front foot with this, from the president down through to the bootstrapper.

At Collingwood we can sometimes be too self effacing and accomodating - paying penence for a long perception of arrogance.

But when it's destroying a champion *sic* forwards career and pushing us down the ladder it's time to put the sack cloth and ashes aside.

The captain has a pivotal role in this and needs to be proactively ensuring that the umpires are doing their correct job because it's obvious to blind Bill the battler and his Kelpie that Cloke is being unfairly treated each and every game.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Cloke needs to ragdoll some scumbag defender and bodyslam him so hard he pops a shoulder. Then at the tribunal show the 300 free kicks he should have got, And call the umpires advisor as a witness. Might be worth a few weeks.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:50 am

droversdog65 wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

Agree with this m8 Cloke gets monstered all game, every game with zero consequences for the molesters.

It's time the club got on the front foot with this, from the president down through to the bootstrapper.

At Collingwood we can sometimes be too self effacing and accomodating - paying penence for a long perception of arrogance.

But when it's destroying a champion *sic* forwards career and pushing us down the ladder it's time to put the sack cloth and ashes aside.

The captain has a pivotal role in this and needs to be proactively ensuring that the umpires are doing their correct job because it's obvious to blind Bill the battler and his Kelpie that Cloke is being unfairly treated each and every game.

Bucks needs to address this loud and clear before the season starts

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Pies should be talking to the umps, AFL and media about CLoke - make em sick of hearing it because like most Pie supporters I am sick of seeing him get cheated out of frees every bloody week!
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Agreed Y-Y.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:57 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
Pies should be talking to the umps, AFL and media about CLoke - make em sick of hearing it because like most Pie supporters I am sick of seeing him get cheated out of frees every bloody week!

Maybe you should talk to Trav then, mate, I've umpired games before and I'd be reluctant to give him frees as well.

He instagates the contact, he makes it very hard for umpires to give him frees, if he got seperation (which we know he can) he would make things much easier for umpires.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: