Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
having a look at property prices on the web, did a search on what was available in Victoria for under $50k.

Interesting for that price I could buy a bathing box somewhere or 28 acres of scrub (I wouldn't call it bush based on the photos) not far from Ballarat.

The second is actually tempting. Reckon I could knock up a liveable log cabin up there.

We almost bought an old church and school on 3 acres just outside of Bendigo for $70,000 the year before last
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:51 pm

What sort of country, 1061? And roughly whereabouts? My guess is that at that price you'd have Buckley's of getting building or occupancy permits - why else would it be so cheap? - but interesting just the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:59 pm

I searched for it but I cleaned out all my old emails last year.

It was called Sugar Gum Place on Gumtree, apparently it was used as a camp for schools. Like I said it had a church and a one room classroom, not a portable a proper one room built school.

It we'd bought it we probably would have paid it off by now.

Found an archived ad

http://www.homehound.com.au/listing/withdrawn/vic/northern-victoria/north-western/wychitella-north-western/22-wedderburn-wychitella-road-wychitella-vic-3525/

Quote:
"Sugar Gum Place" - Own your own sweet piece of History on rural acreage
22 Wedderburn-Wychitella Road, Wychitella VIC 3525

Wychitella (near Wedderburn) 3 acres of land with a Church and separate Schoolhouse.
Just 16kms from Wedderburn Victoria you will find this fully fenced flat 3 acres of land just waiting to be snapped up by a group, school, family or handyman who wants to escape to the country and own a part of history.
Onsite is a timber School House, built in 1927, with open fire place, blackboards, timber floors and rain water tanks. It's equipped with all the basics to stay the weekend.
The timber church (previously St Mathews C of E) was moved onsite in 1973 and is sure to amaze. Also included is a shower block with three showers and rain water tank. Some work is required to restore this to its former glory.
This property continues to deliver great value as it includes a 40ft steel weatherproof shipping container onsite, with many tools/building materials and a Big Honda 5KVA power generator. Everything is at hand for you.
The old tennis court, play equipment and timber obstacle course were popular with Melbourne school children when the property was utilised as a holiday/nature study camp.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:14 am

Paris Fashion Show.
Male models hit the catwalk displaying the latest trend from one designer.
Peepholes cut into their pants exposing their penis.
http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2015/jan/22/-sp-penis-flashing-at-rick-owens-menswear-show
Does this mean to be 'on trend' we'll all be doing it soon?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:32 am

In the broader context of the fashion world, this is practically sensible!

Honestly, when was the last time a catwalk featured something an actual person would actually wear?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:43 am

Zombies

Last edited by think positive on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:49 am

^

I can't quite make that one out, something not translating properly for me.

Just a WTF that i had forgotten, on Friday driving home from Thomastown Bunnings I was behind a car that had a swastika hanging from the rear view mirror. Shocked Confused

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:54 am

stui magpie wrote:
^
B

Just a WTF that i had forgotten, on Friday driving home from Thomastown Bunnings I was behind a car that had a swastika hanging from the rear view mirror. Shocked Confused

Nazis in this day and age? Shoot em

Last edited by think positive on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:12 am

Russell Crowe?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:15 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Even though there's probably about 25 of them in the whole of Australia, someone's bound to run into them sooner or later.

Brave move on their part, though. Wouldn't want to leave the car parked out in public for too long; it might not be quite the same when they got back. Razz

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:29 pm

The Swastika was co-opted by the Nazi Party, it is considered to be a sacred symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

Immigrants who grew up in rural India for example might not know enough about Nazis to feel that having that symbol out is wrong. (Unless it was black on a red background or the had '88' number plates or something).
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:16 pm

Wokko wrote:
The Swastika was co-opted by the Nazi Party, it is considered to be a sacred symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

Immigrants who grew up in rural India for example might not know enough about Nazis to feel that having that symbol out is wrong. (Unless it was black on a red background or the had '88' number plates or something).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNoS-Lk650k

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:38 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Wokko wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNoS-Lk650k

Been watching that a bit lately, funny show but I can't handle the awkward feeling you get when you can see the huge faux pas coming. Like as soon as the swastika was shown with the boy loving it you knew something was going to happen with him making one.

I'd love for Larry David to make a new series, because his films don't seem to go that well but he's working in the theatre now so it'll probably never happen.

edit : http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/larry-david-larry-eats-a-pancake
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Wokko wrote:

That potentially works, I only managed a fleeting glimpse of the blokes head as I went passed him on his left as he was turning right. Short dark hair and a dark complexion, so could have been Indian.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Oopsf
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 104 of 277   

Jump to: