Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 556, 557, 558 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

1061 wrote:
Why is it always the Dad who walks the Daughter down the aisle?

Why isn't the groom given away as well?

Nobody wants him
V
As in 'you can't give him away!"

Last edited by think positive on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:09 pm

I got appointed the Auskick coach at Glenorchy today, pretty happen with this as it was my second preference of coaching. First year coach and will have no stress of winning or losing. Smile

I also get to teach the kids skills and such and maybe move on up with them throughout the ranks. Also means I can go to Melbourne in April see Collingwood play, and also go to Queensland without any worries.

This comes off a great four days with Megan, got to show her around and she will come back in June for a week. Going to be a great year. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:45 am

Tim Cahill throughout his whole career, exemplified yet again through his performances in the Asian Cup, and brace after half time versus China. Forget it was just China; in fact no, note it was China and the fact he still did his best for the side.

Has there been an Australian sportsperson with a better attitude and approach to life over such a long period of time in recent decades?

He never complains; is as tough as nails despite being undersized; is clearly not a referee favourite; scores on the big stage whether be versus Liverpool and Man U when at Everton, or the World Cup for Australia; scores at important moments; volunteers to play against even minnow opposition; always takes responsibility for the young players; and on and on.

Far from the prima donnas (as opposed to Maradonnaswell in ability-ego ratio, anyway) we see too often in Australian sport, this is one fellow who deserves far more accoladesat 35 years old, no less.

The bloke is an existential genius.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:08 am

The Prototype wrote:
I got appointed the Auskick coach at Glenorchy today, pretty happen with this as it was my second preference of coaching. First year coach and will have no stress of winning or losing. Smile

I also get to teach the kids skills and such and maybe move on up with them throughout the ranks. Also means I can go to Melbourne in April see Collingwood play, and also go to Queensland without any worries.

This comes off a great four days with Megan, got to show her around and she will come back in June for a week. Going to be a great year. Smile

Good on ya Proto, pleased for you!

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:10 am

pietillidie wrote:
Tim Cahill throughout his whole career, exemplified yet again through his performances in the Asian Cup, and brace after half time versus China. Forget it was just China; in fact no, note it was China and the fact he still did his best for the side.

Has there been an Australian sportsperson with a better attitude and approach to life over such a long period of time in recent decades?

He never complains; is as tough as nails despite being undersized; is clearly not a referee favourite; scores on the big stage whether be versus Liverpool and Man U when at Everton, or the World Cup for Australia; scores at important moments; volunteers to play against even minnow opposition; always takes responsibility for the young players; and on and on.

Far from the prima donnas (as opposed to Maradonnaswell in ability-ego ratio, anyway) we see too often in Australian sport, this is one fellow who deserves far more accoladesat 35 years old, no less.

The bloke is an existential genius.

Agree with everything you said. He is an Aussie we can be proud of.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:12 am

Do you think he ever will?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:29 pm

Day off today. Went to Bunnings first thing, added a small circular saw and a reciprocating saw to the 18 volt battery powered tool collection.

Then finished the timber part of reconstructing the front verandah.

Break for lunch (2 egg omelette with jalapenos and tomato with some boerewors sausage and a side salad) and painted all the timber.

Lower back responded well to some ibuprofen, a shower and some voltaren gel.

Waiting now for the pizza and ribs to arrive, watching the cricket, glass of red and a beer in hand.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:38 am

stui magpie wrote:
Waiting now for the pizza and ribs to arrive, watching the cricket, glass of red and a beer in hand.

So which hand has the remote?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:39 am

This made me happy:

Israeli settler and Palestinian cooperate to save horned owl
Settlement security guard Yosef Eliyahu found an injured owl and was joined by Palestinian Eyad Beduwan to rescue the rare bird of prey.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4618380,00.html

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:38 am

Going to the Ballarat Beer festival today with my eldest son and a few of his friends, I assure you I will be "happy".
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:10 am

KenH wrote:
Good on ya Proto, pleased for you!

Thanks, a bit of it is coming from a very bad period in December, my counsellor put me on a 'crisis plan' to assist with a few issues. This was a day or two after having the police and ambulance at my house. Long story for another thread.

Since then I've been trying hard to get everything working my way, spent some time with Megan, and then Friday met Maxine and watched American Horror Story with her. I'm just now planning out the year so I can do some stuff in Victoria and Queensland, and have some fun. Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:39 pm

Went for a nice leisurely ride with friends up through the yarra ranges - Healesville - Toolangi - Kinglake - and back to the city via Hurstbridge. Lovely lunch at the Grand in Healesville (curried snags and mash with a pot). Interesting time dodging oncoming trucks and baby tiger snakes through the twisties. Magic day though.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Finished the front verandah today, got up the laserlight and cleaned the area up.

Came up a treat, just now got stuff in the shed that needs putting away properly assuming a fkn possum doesn't scatter it everywhere.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Went up to Mum's farm today after she sorted out her shearing shed full to the brim of crap. There was a little section she set aside for things she's stored for me from years ago.

I took a few boxes home for now and spent a few hours going through them. I was such a sentimental hoarder as a teenager and kept so many letters, cards and even notes passed around the classroom.

Brought back so many memories. Especially loved reading cards and letters given to me by people who have since passed away. My Gran, 2 x Pops and 2 x Great-grandmothers. A favourite aunty. A best buddy I had as a teenagers joined the army and his drunken letters still make me laugh out loud. I lost touch with him about 10 years ago and sadly found out last year he'd also died. I barely keep anything these days, but so glad I was such a sap all those years ago to hang onto these little treasures.

Even found a letter Denis Banks wrote to me in maybe 1989!

Which reminds me, not sure what to do with the membership medallions from The Tunnel, X-Club and Billboards.

Those were the years! Laughing

#SIDEBYSIDE
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:21 pm

Was having a quiet relaxing day, thought I should do some work so I grabbed the garden fork and went to dig some stuff out that's taken over one of the garden beds.

15 minutes later, bugger all stuff removed, tines on garden fork looking like it was designed by an English dentist, might have to kick back and watch the cricket I think.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 556, 557, 558 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 557 of 866   

Jump to: