Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mornington Peninsula

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel wrote:
I'm also a local Dave. Five minutes walk from the beach.

Been here all my life apart from 3 years living in North Melbourne in my early 20s.

To be honest, I love living down here. Tourist season can make it difficult to get around, but I've learned to live with it as much as possible.

Tannin, you have assumed wrong.

If - You live near the Beach. Yeah it can be busy but I found if you live away it is not as bad.

The new Peninsula Link helps with the Traffic a Bit

Last edited by Dave The Man on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:18 pm

Culprit wrote:
I will be heading down Saturday to set up on the Rye Foreshore once again.

Good one. I hope you are nice to us locals. Many tourists tend to treat the place like a rubbish tip and are quiet rude.

When I was younger I worked in retail and I hated it at this time of year.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

If - You live near the Beach. Yeah it can be busy but I found if you live away it is not as bad.

True Dave.

Unfortunately it means I don't get down to Sorrento etc as much as I would like at this time of year. Instead of taking 20-25 mins on a normal day, it can take a couple of hours (even using the "back roads").
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Joel wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Good one. I hope you are nice to us locals. Many tourists tend to treat the place like a rubbish tip and are quiet rude.

Yeah - I hate that they come and think look down on the place and Just think that is not where they live. Plus they think they own the Place.

Makes me that they don’t Respect what great place it is like the Locals do

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Joel wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

True Dave.

Unfortunately it means I don't get down to Sorrento etc as much as I would like at this time of year. Instead of taking 20-25 mins on a normal day, it can take a couple of hours (even using the "back roads").

I never go down there much at this time of year and Did not Realise it being that bad Shocked

IF I go to the Beach at this time of year it is normally down to Morninton and I don’t think it’s that bad

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Joel wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Joel, the campers are not the issue. Once we set up and park, we walk every where. All sites have multiple bins and it's our home for multiple weeks. What we have is day trippers who come and treat the place like crap, leave their shit and we cop the blame, throw in Local and outside tradesmen who feel the bins at camping spots are set for them. We now have a facility to report rubbish dumpers.
Also all facilities are locked and require pin access to use and that has helped keep all amenities clean. We now have outside showers at all toilet blocks as well. Speed reduce to 4kmh, walking pace for safety. Smile

I just have to deal with the RATS (Rye Anti Tourists) who honk their horns in protest Razz
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Culprit wrote:
Joel wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Joel, the campers are not the issue. Once we set up and park, we walk every where. All sites have multiple bins and it's our home for multiple weeks. What we have is day trippers who come and treat the place like crap, leave their shit and we cop the blame, throw in Local and outside tradesmen who feel the bins at camping spots are set for them. We now have a facility to report rubbish dumpers.
Also all facilities are locked and require pin access to use and that has helped keep all amenities clean. We now have outside showers at all toilet blocks as well. Speed reduce to 4kmh, walking pace for safety. Smile

I just have to deal with the RATS (Rye Anti Tourists) who honk their horns in protest Razz

Yeah - The Day Trippers come down and think hey own the Place as they are only there for the Afternoon Evil or Very Mad

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Joel wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Yeah - The Day Trippers come down and think hey own the Place as they are only there for the Afternoon Evil or Very Mad
Dave they park in our spots and then crack it because they can't leave cause we have parked behind them. We say I don't know they must be at the beach swimming Razz
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Culprit wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Joel wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Dave they park in our spots and then crack it because they can't leave cause we have parked behind them. We say I don't know they must be at the beach swimming Razz

Well - Then they should not park there Wink

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:26 pm

Having Fun there Culprit?

Anyone else been down this holiday time?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:03 am

The usual weather for this time of year. Had a brutal day on the golf course on the windy day. Quiet NYE down here as they have shutdown Rye these days.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:45 pm

Culprit wrote:
The usual weather for this time of year. Had a brutal day on the golf course on the windy day. Quiet NYE down here as they have shutdown Rye these days.

Which Golf Course did you play on?

Next Few Days will be Stinking Hot so the Beaches down there will be Packed

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:48 am

Rosebud Country Club that game, off to St Andrews next week. Day tripper hell today. They will push for parking and trying to use campers toilets. I've already told one guy that they are not public but will let him use it for $50 Razz
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:33 pm

Culprit wrote:
Rosebud Country Club that game, off to St Andrews next week. Day tripper hell today. They will push for parking and trying to use campers toilets. I've already told one guy that they are not public but will let him use it for $50 Razz

Is that course the 1st Tee goes Down Hill?

Yeah - You would have the Day Trippers from Melbourne coming down and the Traffic be Mad.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:35 am

That's the one DTM. Great course and reasonable price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: