Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pick Laverde not De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:27 am
Post subject: Re: Pick Laverde not De GoeyReply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Dekka if Laverde is available, pick him not De Goey! Go the flashy outside, tall fast player with more upside and don't go the traditional slower, inside Pies 6 footer!!!

Huh? he looks quick to me, he's 187cm, can kick, can hit a target, can hit a lead up forward, can kick a 50m long goal or snap, can use both sides of his body. Not sure what vision you've been watching.

Watch the Vic v SA game. He'll fit right in at the Pies. Long bombs into the forward line, missed handballs, missed targets, missed set shot from 35m out...then bobs up for a long range goal from 55m and he's a star again. Yeah pick him! That was all in the first 2mins of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdNIgsH8-Es
His other games must have been good?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:50 am
Post subject: Re: Pick Laverde not De GoeyReply with quote

Stinger wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Dekka if Laverde is available, pick him not De Goey! Go the flashy outside, tall fast player with more upside and don't go the traditional slower, inside Pies 6 footer!!!

Huh? he looks quick to me, he's 187cm, can kick, can hit a target, can hit a lead up forward, can kick a 50m long goal or snap, can use both sides of his body. Not sure what vision you've been watching.

Watch the Vic v SA game. He'll fit right in at the Pies. Long bombs into the forward line, missed handballs, missed targets, missed set shot from 35m out...then bobs up for a long range goal from 55m and he's a star again. Yeah pick him! That was all in the first 2mins of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdNIgsH8-Es
His other games must have been good?

I saw lot of the Players bomb the Ball into the Forward Line. Just not De Goey.

Watch these highlights of De Goey then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTWgzZXm7A

Uses the Ball well. Kicked a Few Goals and Roves good tapes from the Ruckman

Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Dave. Those highlights were a lot better. Totally agree with your comments
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:17 am

Kermit Brereton wrote:
dillo_09 wrote:
Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
Who is the hyphen?

Either

Dillon Viojo-Rainbow (Hippy Parents??)
or
Ed Vickers-Willis (I just cant stop imagining him as a WW1 English fighter pilot with a leather helmet, leather jacket with sheepskin collar, big goggles and a white silk scarf that pokes out the back all the time like he is facing a breeze!! "Jolly good show old chap! and all that stuff.)

Smoke me a kipper ...I'll be back for breakfast.

Lot of Vickers-Willises around Melbourne. One used to call square dances when they were all the rage in the 1950s, another was a spokesperson for the campaign for nude beaches in the 70s.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Its certainly looking like DeGoey or LaVerde, both very good players. Backline players should come from the Rookies or trades. The flashy, star players you get if you get early picks. So one of these two, but surprises are going to happen this year. Dekka seems to be hinting we're going for a later guy like Langford, or even Wright. All would be handy but there's bound to be a potential gun left behind to slip through to us at 30. Take LaVerde, hope for a star at 30 and grab Blaine Boekhurst with 48, but please Dekka, please, grab Jack Lonie if he's still there at the end. I just know this kid is going to be a star. He's a weird one though, has strange skills like kicking and marking! Grab him and hire his cousins to teach our boys how to kick!
We don't need key forwards, if one of Moore, Cox, Witts, or White doesn't become a great forward we obviously have no idea how to produce one.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:46 pm

I want excitement, thrill & spark.

Give me Pickett or Cockatoo at 5. Let's be bold & take a risk.

My mind is now set for a real winner tonight from the draft.

In Hine I'm hoping we continue to trust.

Boot 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:09 pm

[We don't need key forwards, if one of Moore, Cox, Witts, or White doesn't become a great forward we obviously have no idea how to produce one.]

I suggest that KPF's are born with the right attributes rather than produced from tall footballers. That is why they are such rare commodities. For all the reasons stated previously, I really hope Dekka is playing ducks and drakes and bluffing with all the talk that Collingwood is after an on baller and picks Peter Wright if he slips through to Pick 5.[/quote]

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Boot wrote:
[We don't need key forwards, if one of Moore, Cox, Witts, or White doesn't become a great forward we obviously have no idea how to produce one.]

I suggest that KPF's are born with the right attributes rather than produced from tall footballers. That is why they are such rare commodities. For all the reasons stated previously, I really hope Dekka is playing ducks and drakes and bluffing with all the talk that Collingwood is after an on baller and picks Peter Wright if he slips through to Pick 5.
[/quote]

Good post this and got me thinking. Some of the best full forwards, Dunstall, Fevola, Gary Ablett Sr were hardly giants. only Fev of that bunch is over 190cm (191) and yet you'd take them all over their taller contempories. Even Lockett was only 191.

Gumbleton (good tall forward) was picked at 2, Jack Riewoldt (Great forward) was picked at 13. So now all that needs to be figured out is what do these greats possess at 18 that can be observed so we can pick them? Laughing
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:53 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I want excitement, thrill & spark.

Give me Pickett or Cockatoo at 5. Let's be bold & take a risk.

My mind is now set for a real winner tonight from the draft.

In Hine I'm hoping we continue to trust.

5 is to early to Draft Cockatoo

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Wokko wrote:
We don't need key forwards, if one of Moore, Cox, Witts, or White doesn't become a great forward we obviously have no idea how to produce one.
Boot wrote:
I suggest that KPF's are born with the right attributes rather than produced from tall footballers. That is why they are such rare commodities. For all the reasons stated previously, I really hope Dekka is playing ducks and drakes and bluffing with all the talk that Collingwood is after an on baller and picks Peter Wright if he slips through to Pick 5.

Good post this and got me thinking. Some of the best full forwards, Dunstall, Fevola, Gary Ablett Sr were hardly giants. only Fev of that bunch is over 190cm (191) and yet you'd take them all over their taller contempories. Even Lockett was only 191.

Gumbleton (good tall forward) was picked at 2, Jack Riewoldt (Great forward) was picked at 13. So now all that needs to be figured out is what do these greats possess at 18 that can be observed so we can pick them? Laughing

Brereton (186) and Carey (192) hardly giants either but that probably says more about the changing demographics of the general population than them as footballers. Think it will be very very rare that you see elite KPFs under at least 192-194 from here on in
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:58 pm

jackcass wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Boot wrote:

Brereton (186) and Carey (192) hardly giants either but that probably says more about the changing demographics of the general population than them as footballers. Think it will be very very rare that you see elite KPFs under at least 192-194 from here on in

The no d*ckheads policy would mean they would be overlooked in this current era Wink

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Laverde proving unpopular.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:06 pm

The no d*ckheads policy would mean they would be overlooked in this current era Wink[/quote]

So would have Gary Ablett Snr,Wayne Johnston, Paul Van Der Haar and dare I say it Darren Millane. Good luck any backline stopping those 6 at once.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:11 pm

watt price tully wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Boot wrote:

The no d*ckheads policy would mean they would be overlooked in this current era Wink

The full no dheads policy goes: no dheads without the ability to back it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: