Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

not paying membership?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. 👍
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:51 am

think positive wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
Well, they never advised us that we'd be paying more.... I wouldn't give up my seats, but we should have been advised

Check with the club. The extra charge may be restricted to new members or those upgrading ??? To level 2

Nope got an email telling us that legends level 1 and 2 price would remain the same, and legends level 2 would be going up

Got the email ages ago about start of October

hmm have looked and looked and don't have an email. Have checked the membership prices and mine definitely is the higher category Level 2. Shame about that. But like I said, I would never give up my seat. I picked that seat when they had the open day when the Ponsford stand opened (back in 2004 I think).

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:49 am

Proud Pies wrote:
think positive wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
Well, they never advised us that we'd be paying more.... I wouldn't give up my seats, but we should have been advised

Check with the club. The extra charge may be restricted to new members or those upgrading ??? To level 2

Nope got an email telling us that legends level 1 and 2 price would remain the same, and legends level 2 would be going up

hmm have looked and looked and don't have an email. Have checked the membership prices and mine definitely is the higher category Level 2. Shame about that. But like I said, I would never give up my seat. I picked that seat when they had the open day when the Ponsford stand opened (back in 2004 I think).

I must admit that I think it is grossly exploitative and unfair of the club to charge extra for level 2. Many (like I have on level 1) have occupied their seats since seating in the Ponsford was initially released. The reason many have these prized seats has a lot to do with their long term commitment to the club. The club should have a real good think about how much many of these Legends have paid to the club in Legends Membership fees since the Ponny was initially opened.

Very poor form from a club that has no issues with profits and a club that has to reduce or restrict its spend on he footy department due to the AFL's rediculous equalisation tax.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:53 am

Member 7167 wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
think positive wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

I must admit that I think it is grossly exploitative and unfair of the club to charge extra for level 2. Many (like I have on level 1) have occupied their seats since seating in the Ponsford was initially released. The reason many have these prized seats has a lot to do with their long term commitment to the club. The club should have a real good think about how much many of these Legends have paid to the club in Legends Membership fees since the Ponny was initially opened.

Very poor form from a club that has no issues with profits and a club that has to reduce or restrict its spend on he footy department due to the AFL's rediculous equalisation tax.

level 2 is the premium level at both mcg and etihad. if you were to purchase seats in these areas you'd be paying a premium compared to other sections and levels of the ground. why should it be any different?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Renewed yesterday! Can't wait for 2015! Very Happy
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:23 pm

John Wren wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
think positive wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

level 2 is the premium level at both mcg and etihad. if you were to purchase seats in these areas you'd be paying a premium compared to other sections and levels of the ground. why should it be any different?

because I have had these very same seats for the past 11 seasons and was never advised that they were now going to be classed as 'premium', as I said above. As far as I'm aware, they were not classed as premium in the previous 11 seasons, it was just one price for Legends.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:50 am

You pay more to be "special"!

I'm guessing they kept the legend level 1 the same as last year to stop people diving off, since our GF chances look slim. Let's face it, the extra $200-300 simply guarantees a ticket, you don't get much else.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:58 am

think positive wrote:
You pay more to be "special"!

I'm guessing they kept the legend level 1 the same as last year to stop people diving off, since our GF chances look slim. Let's face it, the extra $200-300 simply guarantees a ticket, you don't get much else.

That explains it then Wink

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Yep, re-signed along with my son. Dropped the Club 5 though in my case.
Look forward to it, albeit a bit nervous about our prospects in 2015.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Found out today that me brother and sister in law who were Captains members for over 10 years and have sat immediately behind us in the Ponsford Stand since it opened have decided not to renew.

This is a direct result of the poor scheduling Collingwood received last season at the hands of the AFL and dimwit Dimmy. They attended much fewer games due to the number of Sunday games and the starting times of these games. I can certainly understand as they live north of the metropolitan area and in some cases would not have gotten home until well after midnight.

Dimmy is an absolute disgrace and the AFL will be better off without his poor attempts at being a manager and CEO.

It is a fools folly to attempt to build up the poor clubs by trying to destroy the successful ones.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Oh really?

Yeah im sure it has nothing to do with the performance of the side.

The schedule has been fixed has it not?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:44 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Oh really?

yeah im with you, I know a few saying the same thing!!

the prickles will be back hopefully by mid season!!

hey, you gotta think positive!! Wink

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:14 pm

I've said it before.

I'm an AFL Legends member.

I have the AFL Silver membership (under 3000 until gold) and I've also got the Legends.

The last few years I've had level 2 seats at Etihad (extra 90 per year (30 per game)) and this year decided to drop Etihad all together.

My AFL Legends membership was $640 + the AFL Membership.

So My membership was $407 + the AFL which means I'm not paying too much and if I choose to go to Etihad I'll be on level 1 for $7 per game.

Good deal!
Member 7167 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:21 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Oh really?

Yeah, they were confused. It was all about on field performance and the scheduling had not to do with it. I am sure you have a better understating of their reasoning than they do. They must also be confused about where they live and how long it takes them to get from the MCG to their home.

Wake up to yourself. You are speculating on the motivation people that you do not know and probably have never set eyes on..

It is all about getting enjoyment and value out of their investment into their membership. There is little return if they do not attend.

By the way their family have still maintained two Captains Membership to share.
Member 7167 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:23 am

think positive wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Oh really?

yeah im with you, I know a few saying the same thing!!

the prickles will be back hopefully by mid season!!

hey, you gotta think positive!! Wink

They are done TP. They will be putting the money saved into holidays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: