Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ben Johnson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:01 am
Post subject: Ben JohnsonReply with quote

Last Monday I saw Ben Johnson, smartly dressed, speaking with a few other club employees in the cafe. I wondered if he had been employed by Collingwood in some capacity.

On Wednesday when we were eating brekkie before training, Johnno showed up again to order his latte. It seemed he must be on the payroll. On the way out to watch training I asked the membership girl about this. She checked with someone inside the building and said that Johnno is working in Commercial Operations, to liaise with Collingwood sponsors.

Nice to see the club is continuing to use its past champs like this.

Last edited by Neil Appleby on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Benny was grouse for us, I wish he was still playing.....................like many others.

Go the Pies!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:50 am
Post subject: Re: Ben JohnsonReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
Last Monday I saw Ben Johnson, smartly dressed, speaking with a few other club employees in the cafe. I wondered if he had been employed by Collingwood in some capacity.

On Wednesday when we were eating brekkie before training, Johnno showed up again to order his latte. It seemed he must be on the payroll. On the way out to watch training I asked the membership girl about this. She checked with someone inside the building and said that Johnno is working with administration to liaise with Collingwood sponsors.

Nothing wrong with a past star being a supporter liaison, but TBH I don't like how many past players we have on our coaching roster, to me the best option is employing guys who played under a different regime who have different ideas.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear he still has a large involvement with the club. He epitomises everything that we stand for as a club!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Defender wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

On Wednesday when we were eating brekkie before training, Johnno showed up again to order his latte. It seemed he must be on the payroll. On the way out to watch training I asked the membership girl about this. She checked with someone inside the building and said that Johnno is working with administration to liaise with Collingwood sponsors.

Nothing wrong with a past star being a supporter liaison, but TBH I don't like how many past players we have on our coaching roster, to me the best option is employing guys who played under a different regime who have different ideas.

You raise a fair point in respect to having too many ex Pies playesr within the coaching ranks. You would hope that by casting the net wider you can get good quality people who can contiibute ideas gained from their experience with other clubs. That said Ben is a quality individual and bleeds black and white and I am sure he can contribute in other areas.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Defender wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

four out of ten coaches have collingwood connections. 4 of 11 if you include rendell. of those, only lockyer and rocca have not been elsewhere but it'd be naive to think they don't talk to others outside of the club, not to mention completing external accredited coaching courses.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Defender wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Look how welcome Lappin was with Nick posters

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:53 pm

neil wrote:
Defender wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Look how welcome Lappin was with Nick posters

Lappin was loved about as much as Milne though.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: