Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training report: Day 1 (photos added)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Thanks for the report Neil and great photos as well. A few questions that I'm wondering if you could answer for me is:

1). After a season of being injury-riddled how is Dane Swan tracking along on the training track? Does he look fit and firing or is he still a fair way off from returning to full fitness?

Swanny looks pretty good actually and led most of the runs with his little group. He's on track for a full recovery and a full pre season. I watched Swanny pretty closely today; he's never been a standout trainer, but he was impressive.

2). It's great to hear that Macaffer is recovering well and determined to get back into full fitness, but how's Matty Scharenberg going with his recovery as well? I would assume he's at the same stage as Macaffer in terms of recovery as both of them sustained ACL injuries approximately around the same time as each other.
They both jogged/walked laps. Obviously Caff is ahead of Sharenberg due to his LARS surgery. He also looked more involved in what was happening around him. I guess that would be due to the fact that he's been through it before and that he's a lot closer to playing.

3). Is Jonathan Marsh's lack of endurance a concern? Did it hinder him for the whole training session or just during running laps?
He didn't train with the main group. His morning consisted of timed-laps and 50 metre run throughs. I think he was probably following instructions to take it easy; I hope so anyway. Last year his pace was electric but he did run out of gas in games and I think the club has ear-marked him for 'tank development'

Great to hear that the likes of Freeman, Moore and Cox are training the house down! Very Happy

Thanks for the response Neil! Great stuff!

I wasn't actually aware that Macaffer underwent LARS surgery as well.

I don't think he did.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:34 pm

Great news on Swan. A fit and firing Swan goes a long way to getting the team back where it belongs. I love Swan and would love to see him retire on his own terms and in reasonable form. If he is up and about next year, I for one will be getting excited about our prospects
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Defender wrote:

I don't think he did.

I know it was ruled out for Shazza by Ead, but I can't find anything on Caff.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:04 am

he had regular surgery. i expect the confusion is because the caff set himself to return in round 1 and i'll bet someone just assumed that meant LARs.

I thought LARs was basically completely discredited at this point as a viable long term answer.....

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:15 pm

E wrote:
he had regular surgery. i expect the confusion is because the caff set himself to return in round 1 and i'll bet someone just assumed that meant LARs.

I thought LARs was basically completely discredited at this point as a viable long term answer.....

I think the LARS option was discredited on the basis of a player who's sustained an ACL injury for the first time or still has a long career ahead of him and therefore it's a safer option to go with the traditional form of knee reconstruction recovery rather than a quick-fix option in LARS which has greater risk of injury to the same knee later down the track.

It's not a bad option if players are coming to the end of their careers or have sustained several ACL injuries in the past. Someone like Nick Malceski is seen as a success story from this 'revolutionary' surgery but on the other hand someone like David Rodan failed to have a prolonged career after LARS surgery.

Arch@M32 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:53 pm

E wrote:
who is the dude with the ginger beard and the long hair? Is that Marsh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Wokko wrote:
Defender wrote:

I don't think he did.

I know it was ruled out for Shazza by Ead, but I can't find anything on Caff.

It's EADe. Twisted Evil

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: