Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Street harassment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Shark infested waters!? It's a public street, not a bikie bar.

I'd imagine most reasonable people would agree that a person should have the right to wear whatever they like in public without copping this kind of shit.

Should never cop violence either verbal or physical no matter what you wear, but if you dress for attention you're going to get it. Whether that attention is positive or negative is out of your hands once you make that decision. Whether it's some dressing 'hipster', flaboyantly, wearing either more or less than is generally a social 'norm' then you are inviting attention on yourself.

This is why I wouldn't wear a rolex, expensive suit with diamond cufflinks and pull out a wad of cash in the middle of a bad suburb. I've broken social norms in order to get attention, and boy am I going to get it whether I want it or not.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:58 pm

1061 wrote:
Skids wrote:
1061 wrote:
Here's a different take on one of these street walking video's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6-ZYSZoDM

I think he would have gotten less harassment if he'd dressed down a little.

Got pretty mild treatment really, walk down a few streets in Midland, Morley or Girrawheen like that and I dare say, you would be lucky to not get bashed.

Did he really need the Victorias secret bag?

Would that be acceptable though, sounds a lot like the old "she was asking for it because she wore a slutty dress, whats a bloke to do your honor".

no wouldn't be acceptable, but gees, that's way out there. the gay guys I know have way better dress sense! seriously, id check someone out if they were dressed like that! im in the land of crazy dressing now and I could people watch all day! One thing about the states, everyone has really good self esteem! or funny mirrors!!

got myself a nice Victoria secret bag today, full of goodies! fourth time to the usa and I finally got to a full on Victoria secret store! man its a candy shop!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:39 pm

Wokko wrote:
David wrote:

I'd imagine most reasonable people would agree that a person should have the right to wear whatever they like in public without copping this kind of shit.

Should never cop violence either verbal or physical no matter what you wear, but if you dress for attention you're going to get it. Whether that attention is positive or negative is out of your hands once you make that decision. Whether it's some dressing 'hipster', flaboyantly, wearing either more or less than is generally a social 'norm' then you are inviting attention on yourself.

This is why I wouldn't wear a rolex, expensive suit with diamond cufflinks and pull out a wad of cash in the middle of a bad suburb. I've broken social norms in order to get attention, and boy am I going to get it whether I want it or not.

Yeah, but the point of the exercise I assume was to see how a gay bloke walking the street would get treated. So, what does a gay bloke look like? How do you make sure that everyone knows they guy is Gay? Resort to stereotypes and cliches.

Can't criticize them for how the bloke was dressed, or the bag. The attention it was inviting was for people to actively notice that he was gay without needing to have other people walk along with neon signs announcing it so they could test the reaction.

I'd call successful experiment. How do you reckon that bloke would go walking into the public bar at the Morwell pub?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:25 pm

David wrote:

No shit, you need to get out of your bubble, wander a state housing estate after midnight, I don't give a rats clacka what ur wearin home boi Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: