Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's going on with Chapman?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:00 pm
Post subject: What's going on with Chapman?Reply with quote

If he and Goddard had their choice again, I'd bet that they would both go to different clubs.

I'm a bit ignorant to the situation between he and the Bombers, but it sounded like he was considering leaving. I don't know if he is in contract or not. I do not know if he would intend to enter one of the drafts. I do know his age and I do know he had a decent season in 2014.

How would you feel if he walked out on Essendon?

And Would you entertain the idea of drafting him?

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

contract negotiations had supposedly stalled because of the amount on offer. the acquisition of cooney has put pressure on their salary cap. it appears the situation is close to resolution so he won't be going anywhere.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:17 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/paul-chapman-gets-new-contract-with-essendon-20140802-zzqrc.html

Interesting that back in August The Age was reporting that a clause was included in Chapman's contract that to receive a guaranteed contract extension he needed to play 15 games or more this year which he did reach.

However assuming Chapman isn't happy with current contract negotiations he could technically walk if he wanted to. My guess is that he'll stay especially if Bomber Thompson decides to stay and work with the golden boy.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:51 pm

No point in us signing him. 33 years old and would just be a wasted spot on the list for a year.

The Bombers are having trouble fitting Chapman in after signing Cooney. So far he's not accepted the offer they've put to him.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:04 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
No point in us signing him. 33 years old and would just be a wasted spot on the list for a year.

The Bombers are having trouble fitting Chapman in after signing Cooney. So far he's not accepted the offer they've put to him.
j

It'd be nice to have him on our young list though, triple premiership player and all that.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:31 am

Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

j

It'd be nice to have him on our young list though, triple premiership player and all that.

There are a few that would be handy acquisitions but without the AFL expanding the list size to 50 and adding another $1M to the salary cap it just aint gonna happen.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:45 pm

I don't understand the Bombers topping up like they have been. Do they really think of themselves as a Premiership chance? They're further off than we are.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:41 pm

He should retire.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Wokko wrote:
I don't understand the Bombers topping up like they have been. Do they really think of themselves as a Premiership chance? They're further off than we are.

The feeling I get is that they believe that they're close to a Premiership chance knowing the golden boy and the whole club in general.

They will fall in either they've mistimed their run to a flag or some of their players are served with infraction notices. I still can't understand why they would recruit someone like Cooney but let's hope it backfires greatly on them Twisted Evil

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Jezza wrote:
Wokko wrote:

The feeling I get is that they believe that they're close to a Premiership chance knowing the golden boy and the whole club in general.

They will fall in either they've mistimed their run to a flag or some of their players are served with infraction notices. I still can't understand why they would recruit someone like Cooney but let's hope it backfires greatly on them Twisted Evil

That'd be nice.

Bumbers actually recruited quite well. Giles and Gwilt will be handy additions and they've traded into the 1st round of the draft. Cooney could turn out to be either very handy or a waste of serious salary cap space. They're still likely to be there abouts the 8 next season unless some players get ASADA sanctions. Their biggest problem is they're investing very heavily in ageing warriors and it'll come home to roost eventually. Something like Carlton of the last decade would be nice.

Last edited by jackcass on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:14 am

No thanks - anyone watch the last half of the final against North?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:11 pm

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Wokko wrote:

That'd be nice.

Bumbers actually recruited quite well. Giles and Gwilt will be handy additions and they've traded into the 1st round of the draft. Cooney could turn out to be either very handy or a waste of serious salary cap space. They're still likely to be there abouts the 8 next season unless some players get ASADA sanctions. Their biggest problem is they're investing very heavily in ageing warriors and it'll come home to roost eventually. Something like Carlton of the last decade would be nice.

There's a good reason why St.Kilda let Gwilt go. He can't kick the football. Giles is a very average ruckman. Cooney has a degenerative kneecap. Chapman was once a great footballer who had his one good year of football after leaving Geelong. Now it's all downhill for him. Their one good pickup was Goddard who is starting to age as a footballer now and has the daunting task of having to hold up a very average midfield. The rest of their list is very average apart from Daniher and their performances in 2014 are disguised by the fact that their backs were against the wall because of the ASADA scandal and they were being very well coached by Bomber Thompson.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: