Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:

TP, really? Rolling Eyes

Didn't you, not too long ago say that I went too far with Pa Marmo espousing irrational conspiracy theories about President Obama being a Muslim.

We all make mistakes. You've made one here. I think you should apologise or withdraw that personalised response.

If I look at the chronology here it commenced with your comments to PTID.

FWIW, PTID merely volleyed the abuse you levelled at him. You then suggest "try your own medicine" - which was quite ironic.

Either that or you & PTID have good sex, make up & put it behind you. Wink Razz

I was going to do the same with Pa Marmo but he was too boring & always wanted the missionary position Wink

Such is the danger with discussing issues when coming from ideologically opposite positions. I struggle to maintain my polite detachment when faced with arrogant self importance and subtle belittling from PTID myself. One of the hardest things to do is 'agree to disagree' and actually mean it as a respectful dismissal of the argument itself. That's kind of where I'm at now, there is no way the needle is moving from either side of this discussion and therefore you either walk away or start sniping at each other.

TP, best to just walk away.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:31 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
think positive wrote:
PTD ISIS have said outright they want to rule the world. So where is Wokko dreaming? It's not stupid fear, it's reality. It's like the creature crawling through the body in alien, trying to take over, and it does not have peace in it's mind. Wether the majority of Muslims want to live in peace does not matter, what matters is not allowing such an oppressive group have any control. As a woman, Isalm scares the crap out of me. The veils, the burkas, the full cover clothing, the stoning of women who are raped, arranged marriages, all that crap, it's just so degrading to women, and takes the woman's movement back decades. And then their is the cruelty dished out to any men that don't go along with their plan. Innocent people are dying, and it will only get worse, unless ISIS. And any other radical group are dealt with.

And it all starts so innocently with happy holidays.

It's Merry Christmas thankYOU very much, and if you don't like it, well feel free to piss off and take your halal with you.

Quick, valium for the lady dancing naked on the car roof with grandad's yellowed Y-fronts on her head!

Your really are a very nasty unlikeable person. You might want to try your own medicine.

TP, really? Rolling Eyes

Didn't you, not too long ago say that I went too far with Pa Marmo espousing irrational conspiracy theories about President Obama being a Muslim.

We all make mistakes. You've made one here. I think you should apologise or withdraw that personalised response.

FWIW, PTID merely volleyed the abuse you levelled at him. You then suggest "try your own medicine" - which was quite ironic.

I was going to do the same with Pa Marmo but he was too boring & always wanted the missionary position Wink

hmm, so I looked back and yes I can see where "mate im not the one with "delusions of superiority" here!!" compares with "Quick, valium for the lady dancing naked on the car roof with grandad's yellowed Y-fronts on her head"

you may think ive made some mistake, not really sure what mistake you think ive made, but I really don't see one, or where I have "slipPED into violent racism".

I stand by what I said,

and as for comparing it to your attacks on Pa Marmo, well gees since they were along the lines of PTIDs arrogant, disdainful, nasty snipe hidden behind a poor attempt of humour attack on myself, what else can I say but WHATEVER!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:32 am

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

TP, really? Rolling Eyes

Such is the danger with discussing issues when coming from ideologically opposite positions. I struggle to maintain my polite detachment when faced with arrogant self importance and subtle belittling from PTID myself. One of the hardest things to do is 'agree to disagree' and actually mean it as a respectful dismissal of the argument itself. That's kind of where I'm at now, there is no way the needle is moving from either side of this discussion and therefore you either walk away or start sniping at each other.

TP, best to just walk away.

cheers xx

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:40 am

I agree with Mugwump's comment 100%.

Nevertheless, Wokko, 1061 and TP, you're beginning to sound like the children of Geert Wilders and Pauline Hanson. With due respect, you all need to get a grip.

Don't forget what has caused this growing anti-Islamic sentiment that you're embracing. What has happened lately, exactly? Has there been a terrorist attack on Australian soil? No. Is there a spate of burqa-clad Muslims trying to rob banks? No. Is there a major conspiracy amongst Muslim Australians to take over the country? No.

What's happened is a foreign conflict between Muslims and, by and large, Muslims (and Kurds, who mostly practice various mystical forms of Islam). THIS IS NOT A THREAT TO YOUR WAY OF LIFE. It doesn't even affect you one bit. If you like, you can ignore it completely, just as you undoubtedly ignore the civil war in South Sudan or the attacks on Muslims in the Central African Republic.

All this stuff about burqas, Halal, Sharia Law... it's essentially a scare campaign by bigots who want you to hate Muslims. They want Muslims out of the country because they can't stand cultural difference. The fact is that the Muslims of our country are by and large living peacefully with us today, just as they did this time last year and the year before that, and just as Vietnamese and Italians and Greeks did in decades past (and do today).

If you believe that Australian Muslims want to destroy this country, you've been sucked in big time. If you believe that, it's time to take a good hard look in the mirror and look at things a bit more critically. Until you do, you're just promoting hatred, division and fear.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:53 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
think positive wrote:
PTD ISIS have said outright they want to rule the world. So where is Wokko dreaming? It's not stupid fear, it's reality. It's like the creature crawling through the body in alien, trying to take over, and it does not have peace in it's mind. Wether the majority of Muslims want to live in peace does not matter, what matters is not allowing such an oppressive group have any control. As a woman, Isalm scares the crap out of me. The veils, the burkas, the full cover clothing, the stoning of women who are raped, arranged marriages, all that crap, it's just so degrading to women, and takes the woman's movement back decades. And then their is the cruelty dished out to any men that don't go along with their plan. Innocent people are dying, and it will only get worse, unless ISIS. And any other radical group are dealt with.

It's Merry Christmas thankYOU very much, and if you don't like it, well feel free to piss off and take your halal with you.

Quick, valium for the lady dancing naked on the car roof with grandad's yellowed Y-fronts on her head!

Your really are a very nasty unlikeable person. You might want to try your own medicine.

TP, really? Rolling Eyes

hmm, so I looked back and yes I can see where "mate im not the one with "delusions of superiority" here!!" compares with "Quick, valium for the lady dancing naked on the car roof with grandad's yellowed Y-fronts on her head"

you may think ive made some mistake, not really sure what mistake you think ive made, but I really don't see one, or where I have "slipPED into violent racism".

I stand by what I said,

and as for comparing it to your attacks on Pa Marmo, well gees since they were along the lines of PTIDs arrogant, disdainful, nasty snipe hidden behind a poor attempt of humour attack on myself, what else can I say but WHATEVER!

I thought you were bigger than that TP. My bad.

A disappointing response.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 am

David wrote:

Nevertheless, Wokko, 1061 and TP, you're beginning to sound like the children of Geert Wilders and Pauline Hanson. With due respect, you all need to get a grip.

Don't forget what has caused this growing anti-Islamic sentiment that you're embracing. What has happened lately, exactly? Has there been a terrorist attack on Australian soil? No. Is there a spate of burqa-clad Muslims trying to rob banks? No. Is there a major conspiracy amongst Muslim Australians to take over the country? No.

What's happened is a foreign conflict between Muslims and, by and large, Muslims (and Kurds, who mostly practice various mystical forms of Islam). THIS IS NOT A THREAT TO YOUR WAY OF LIFE. It doesn't even affect you one bit. If you like, you can ignore it completely, just as you undoubtedly ignore the civil war in South Sudan or the attacks on Muslims in the Central African Republic.

All this stuff about burqas, Halal, Sharia Law... it's essentially a scare campaign by bigots who want you to hate Muslims. They want Muslims out of the country because they can't stand cultural difference. The fact is that the Muslims of our country are by and large living peacefully with us today, just as they did this time last year and the year before that, and just as Vietnamese and Italians and Greeks did in decades past (and do today).

If you believe that Australian Muslims want to destroy this country, you've been sucked in big time. If you believe that, it's time to take a good hard look in the mirror and look at things a bit more critically. Until you do, you're just promoting hatred, division and fear.

Muzzie lover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o63FGy3mPWI

If only Jackie Lambie & a few others had a chance to study a BA Wink

Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:01 pm

OK I will erase those records.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:18 pm

David wrote:

And the threats to take a random of the streets of Sydney and behead them?

It's an unfortunate fact that evil hide behind good, not just the ISIS crew. It's a world wide thing. Gutless cowards hide behind the good Muslim community, and unfortunately, yes, those veils make it easy if they so choose. Someone is inciting those Aussie born Muslims to take up arms. That's not a fantasy.

The kind of bad they want to do makes underbelly look like a fairy tale. When grand final day has to double security that's a bad thing. That is disrupting our very existence. Can you name a modern day Christian threat like this.

I'm not saying kick the Muslim population out. I'm just saying don't bend over backwards to appease them when they get here. Just as you would not expect it if you happened to move to their country. Why is that so hard to understand? Why is that so wrong?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:25 pm

think positive wrote:

So far, as far as I'm aware, unsubstantiated.

But even if they were true, there are and always will be dangerous individuals in our society. Some are Muslim; most, of course, aren't. Some of them, like Martin Bryant or Julian Knight, might at one stage pick up a gun and shoot into a crowd. We need to be vigilant against such people and do all we can to prevent such acts of violence, but you cannot use the act of an individual to taint an entire group.

Last edited by David on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:25 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
think positive wrote:

TP, really? Rolling Eyes

I stand by what I said,

I thought you were bigger than that TP. My bad.

A disappointing response.

Your response is exactly what I've come to expect from you. You follow certain people blindly, and then ridicule anyone who goes against them. You should be in politics, your a natural.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:35 pm

think positive wrote:
The kind of bad they want to do makes underbelly look like a fairy tale. When grand final day has to double security that's a bad thing. That is disrupting our very existence. Can you name a modern day Christian threat like this.

I'm not saying kick the Muslim population out. I'm just saying don't bend over backwards to appease them when they get here. Just as you would not expect it if you happened to move to their country. Why is that so hard to understand? Why is that so wrong?

Because 'appeasing' the Muslim population has nothing to do with these potential violent threats. It's about living in an open, democratic, diverse society, not a theocracy. Would you like to live in a white, Christian version of Saudi Arabia? I know I wouldn't.

The fact is that we don't really 'bend over backwards' for Muslims at all. I can't think of one meaningful law change that has been a result of 'bending over backwards' for the Muslim community. We already had the right to dress as we pleased. We already had the right to free religious observance. We already had the right to source our meat from kosher or halal butcheries. We already had a law against racial/religious vilification before the general population seemed to notice that Muslims lived here. Nothing has changed.

(As for the current national security panic, a lot of people who know about these things take the view that it is crazy and irresponsible. That's certainly my view. I suspect that it has much more to do with Tony Abbott's poor performance in opinion polls than an actual genuine fear of terrorist attacks.)

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Who else would not expect it if you happened to move to their country ?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:24 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

So far, as far as I'm aware, unsubstantiated.

But even if they were true, there are and always will be dangerous individuals in our society. Some are Muslim; most, of course, aren't. Some of them, like Martin Bryant or Julian Knight, might at one stage pick up a gun and shoot into a crowd. We need to be vigilant against such people and do all we can to prevent such acts of violence, but you cannot use the act of an individual to taint an entire group.

Well as you know, when it comes to the likes of Bryant, knight, and yeah Saddam Hussein, I'm all for

KILL THEM ALL!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:27 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

Because 'appeasing' the Muslim population has nothing to do with these potential violent threats. It's about living in an open, democratic, diverse society, not a theocracy. Would you like to live in a white, Christian version of Saudi Arabia? I know I wouldn't.

The fact is that we don't really 'bend over backwards' for Muslims at all. I can't think of one meaningful law change that has been a result of 'bending over backwards' for the Muslim community. We already had the right to dress as we pleased. We already had the right to free religious observance. We already had the right to source our meat from kosher or halal butcheries. We already had a law against racial/religious vilification before the general population seemed to notice that Muslims lived here. Nothing has changed.

(As for the current national security panic, a lot of people who know about these things take the view that it is crazy and irresponsible. That's certainly my view. I suspect that it has much more to do with Tony Abbott's poor performance in opinion polls than an actual genuine fear of terrorist attacks.)

David, I wouldn't even want to go to such a restrictive place for a holiday! Inve seen sex and the city 2! Twisted Evil Razz

Give me good ol fashioned red necked bogans any day!

I don't think we should have halal. Not for meat products anyway. But we've been there enough times. And I'll wait another month before I bombard you with the Santa stuff! Cheers xxxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
What the heck - I just couldn't resist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVv8VdHReh0

Hehehehehehehe

For a minute I thought it was the Aussie of the year! Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 31 of 128   

Jump to: