Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2015 fixture released [summary on page 2]

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Finals is the pass mark with that draw.

No excuses in 2015.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:19 pm

swoop42 wrote:

No excuses in 2015.

Agreed but to be honest I was thinking that before the draw/fixture/annual AFL disaster came out.

Happy about:
- Only play Hawks once
- Playing Melbourne twice
- Return to reasonable game times
- Even spread of match ups
- No travel after July 9 .. I think that has hurt us the past couple of years although many would say we were stuffed anyway
- No back-to-back interstate travel (does that even happen anymore??)

Not happy about:
- Having to wait till April for it to all start again (although NFL getting me through just nicely at present)

That's it actually.... I expected us to get screwed with the double up games by having two return games against top 6 sides but that hasn't happened so woohoo!

Go Pies

MattyD 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:30 pm

I haven't read anybody's comments yet but I will.

The first half looks great. We should win a few of those and give us time to build properly. The last couple of years the fixture was way too hard for us considering our actual onfield performance and a legacy of previous success.

The second half this year looks damn tough. We'll be lucky if we win a couple.

Overall, it's not a good draw for us, imo.

Forget about finals. It'll be one week at a time and hopefully we'll see some development.

I think we have to be honest, we have no idea how the team will go and really it's another year of trial and error for the coaching staff.
richo 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Looks like we have 8 six day breaks, not sure how this compares with other sides.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:34 pm

I'm calling it now, we'll be top 2 before the round 12 bye and sitting on no less than 9 wins! Very Happy
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:33 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

No excuses in 2015.

Agreed but to be honest I was thinking that before the draw/fixture/annual AFL disaster came out.

Happy about:
- Only play Hawks once
- No travel after July 9 .. I think that has hurt us the past couple of years although many would say we were stuffed anyway

Not happy about:
- Having to wait till April for it to all start again (although NFL getting me through just nicely at present)

That's it actually.... I expected us to get screwed with the double up games by having two return games against top 6 sides but that hasn't happened so woohoo!

Go Pies

August 14 has a mention.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:48 pm

It's partly because we've been conditioned to accept worse, but that is a very good draw.

Giddy up

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Yeah can't be unhappy about our draw. Only play 1 of the top 6 twice play Melbourne twice and only travel once in the last 8 weeks.

Like it in terms of being a lot more family friendly and will be able to take the kids to a few games that we have on Saturday arvo/twilight, even liking the early Sunday game at 1.10 that doesn't happen often.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Who wants to do the count on how many FTA-Fox game we have?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Very Happy Did that as soon as I saw the draw (seeing as Foxtel subscription is basically beyond me at the moment).

6 Foxtel games and the rest FTA (15 of them). Only one Foxtel game in the first 7 rounds. Happy with that, except I'll have to try and tolerate Bruce.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:37 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Very Happy Did that as soon as I saw the draw (seeing as Foxtel subscription is basically beyond me at the moment).

6 Foxtel games and the rest FTA (15 of them). Only one Foxtel game in the first 7 rounds. Happy with that, except I'll have to try and tolerate Bruce.

Well that's an improvement on the last 2 years.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:36 am

JC Hartley wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

No excuses in 2015.

Happy about:
- Only play Hawks once

Not happy about:

Go Pies

August 14 has a mention.

You know what, you're absolutely right.... geez where did I read that.... let me rephrase.... only one short interstate game late in the season.... easily handled!

My bad!

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:01 am

All in all not a bad result from a game scheduling, interstate travel and Free To Air basis. A vast improvement on last years efforts.

This is the first time that I can see Gil having a positive impact. So far it has all been talk and promises. Dimmy's efforts last year were a disgrace and the game going public told him so by non attendance.

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:36 pm

My predictions.

Definite wins against:
Crows (R2), Saints (R3), Cats (R6), Tigers (R7), Melb (R10), GWS (R11), WCE (R16), Dogs (R17), Dees (R18), Blues (R19), Tigers (R21)

Likely losses against:
GC (RCool, North (R9), Freo (R13), Hawks (R14), Port (R15), Swans (R20)

The rest are likely 50-50 games:
Lions (away R1), Bombers (Anzac Day), Blues (away R5), Cats (away R22) and Bombers (R23).

So that would see us with ~11-14 wins and fitting in that 5th-11th bracket again. We have a really good pre-bye draw which could give us some momentum. If we're not in the top 8 at the bye then we will be in serious trouble due to the 3 games against Freo, Hawks and Port.

Crows and Eagles games at Etihad will give the interstate team more of a chance. Playing Sydney at the SCG is going to make it tough to get a victory also.

----------
------------
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:23 pm

A much better fixture compared to the 2014 fixture which was a disgrace scheduling wise. This is much better in the sense of the family-friendly traditional time slots and the difficulty of the draw is definitely in our favour but typically I'm never one to complain about the difficulty of the draw as a difficult draw can sometimes be beneficial for a team on the rise. We had what was considered a hard draw in 2010 and look how that turned out for us as opposed to 2009 which was more in our favour but we fell short of the ultimate prize unfortunately.

Regarding the scheduling, very pleased to see plenty of Friday night matches and four Saturday afternoon games which is more than we have had in the past two years with only one Saturday afternoon match in 2013 and two in 2014. No Sunday twilights is a massive relief and thankfully there's no more Sunday night football which Gil promised would be gone.

The only thing I'm a little disappointed about is having two Thursday night matches but thankfully they'll be on during the uni trimester break so it suits me well personally. I'm also a little disappointed that we're playing the Gold Coast up in Queensland once again and we've already played them three times up there as opposed to them only playing once down here in 2012 when we smashed them by 97 points.

Overall, very happy with the draw and the scheduling for next year's fixture and I'm pumped for 2015! Great stuff!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: