Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rocket CONFIRMED to be flying the coop.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Az 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
Seth wrote:
A couple of things.

Eddie STFU and stop embarrassing yourself once again. Wish him well and send him on his way, Christ I didn't think he was much chop anyway.

Get a decent person as mentor down at the club, get Bomber Thompson, simple really.

I do not see any reason why the club shouldn't stick up for their legal rights. If the Pies can get the Suns to pay some of out football dept costs under their cap then so be it.

Exactly Member. Glad our club is not run by the likes of yourself, Seth. Gold Coast were part of the hand-put mob who demanded we be taxed to free load off us, and are using that money to poach our people. We are essentially paying for Rocket to leave us and it's absolutely disgraceful. Just another reason why this tax is the absolute worst decision the AFL has ever made. It's only fair we ask and are given adequate compensation by Gold Coast, and Ed has every right to be fired up considering as early as this morning we still hadn't received a single word from the Suns regarding the matter.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:33 pm

let him go with our best wishes. He was only here Eddie had to make up a position for Mick, and when Mick was gone, had to appoint someone else to it to show that it was a real position after all.

During Rocket's tenure, we've gone from 2nd to 11th, so say no more
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:35 pm

bald-headed mercenary. never belonged at the pies.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:59 pm

eade is a bit past it for a coach, seems to be a young mans gig now, and he has been to more clubs than I care to remember, hawks, swans, dogs, Pies and now suns, footy mercenary, we wont miss him one iota.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:39 am

Since I have no idea what Eade did at our club or how effective he was I cannot say if this is a good or bad thing.

As for the contract definitely demand compensation
Lets see how important the AFL considers contracts. If they don't care lets just recruit however we like next trade period.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:11 am

Az wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Seth wrote:
A couple of things.

Eddie STFU and stop embarrassing yourself once again. Wish him well and send him on his way, Christ I didn't think he was much chop anyway.

Get a decent person as mentor down at the club, get Bomber Thompson, simple really.

I do not see any reason why the club shouldn't stick up for their legal rights. If the Pies can get the Suns to pay some of out football dept costs under their cap then so be it.

Exactly Member. Glad our club is not run by the likes of yourself, Seth. Gold Coast were part of the hand-put mob who demanded we be taxed to free load off us, and are using that money to poach our people. We are essentially paying for Rocket to leave us and it's absolutely disgraceful. Just another reason why this tax is the absolute worst decision the AFL has ever made. It's only fair we ask and are given adequate compensation by Gold Coast, and Ed has every right to be fired up considering as early as this morning we still hadn't received a single word from the Suns regarding the matter.

It's worse than that, I think. As I understand the position, because the Suns sacked McKenna this year, the cost of paying out his contract is not included in the football spending cap for the Suns - they can then offer Eade whatever they want to offer with full knowledge of the cap. We, on the other other hand, had ostensibly restructured our football department with the spending cap in mind and, in particular, with Eade on a 3-year contract. Once Eade is taken by the Suns (and paid, in part, with our equalisation contributions), Collingwood has to go out - at reasonably quick speed - to try to attract a quality replacement. They may have to pay "overs" to get a suitable replacement. If they do, there is a real risk that, although the Suns get their man, Collingwood has to choose between taking a hit on the football department tax or getting someone who will fit within the spending cap.

Something tells me the AFL didn't think any of these matters through when they decided to introduce the cap. There should, at the least, have been some arrangement to exclude forced changes of this kind, especially in circumstances where our problem is caused by the Suns deciding, somewhat precipitately, to sack a coach they'd recently recontracted. That is, in short, it's none of our doing but we might finish up having to pay for it, as well as deal with the disruption to our football program.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:48 am

Pies4shaw - that is exactly as I perceive it.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:52 am

Rocket is a perfect fit for Gold Coast.

Immense experience, super successful at non-traditional clubs and difficult environments.

Congrats Rocket and good luck.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Remember you heard it here first folks, Defender breaks the big news.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:35 pm

it's official now.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:59 pm

ok, been holding back for 3 years, I can now resume to calling him a $£$%^%%$ %$^%$£$%! Smile
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:55 pm

EADe can get stuffed.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:51 pm

Culprit wrote:
Rockets retirement fund gets a boost should be the headline. We could see the Suns looking for a new coach next year if they fail to make the finals and the AFL will pay out the contract just as it will pay out Rockets to Collingwood. It's all becoming a joke regarding contracts, they seem to really mean sweet FA.

In saying that I am happy for Eade to go and it will be interesting who his replacement will be. If Carlton sack Malthouse if they don't perform this year, all could be forgiven and MM takes on the job he turned down? Shocked

Bring Back Mick!

It's Time!

Bring Him Home! Laughing

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:31 pm

Thanks for everything Rocket even if I wasn't his biggest fan at the club as I actually had no idea what he did at the club to be honest. I assume he acted as some kind of mentor to Buckley but that's mere speculation more than anything else.

Anyway good luck to him and I think replacing him with Mark Williams as the Director of Coaching for the club would be perfect in my opinion. Williams has the experience, toughness, respect and he's a former Collingwood player of the 1980s. I think him and Buckley would work well together although the only problem though is that he's under a contract with the Tigers.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:27 pm

neil wrote:
Since I have no idea what Eade did at our club or how effective he was I cannot say if this is a good or bad thing.

As for the contract definitely demand compensation
Lets see how important the AFL considers contracts. If they don't care lets just recruit however we like next trade period.

Well
We went backwards for the last 3 years
So that may indicate what he is worth.
Goodbye and close the door when you leave!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: