Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Team - for now.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
jackcass wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Langdon's disposal efficiency would be lower than average due to he being a first year player and making mistakes due to nervousness. He looks like a very good kick to me.
Sinclair has been in the system about 4 years and still turns the ball over whenever I watch him. So what exactly are Sinclair's disposal efficiency stats? Could someone quote them for me. Are they average, less than average or higher than average?
Varcoe doesn't turn over the ball to me, so I surprised when I read in the paper that his disposal efficiency stats are below average.
Can stats lie?

Langdon gets a pass because he's a first year player yet Sinclair gets tagged as having poor disposal because he missed a few goals in his first few games. That's the sort of double standards that frustrate me.

Stats aren't the be all end all but they're an indication. I don't subscribe to any of the stats sites so can't provide them but Sinclair consistently in the 75-85% range whenever they're published. Sinclair now has 44 games under his belt and you'd expect him to either stamp himself as a player or fall by the way. I'm a fan and hope it's the former.

Sinclair is not AFL standard IMO.

Time will tell.
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:26 pm

Pardon my ignorance, I have not seen much of young Crisp, is he good enough to make our starting line up?

Also, as a side note does anyone know when we can expect Scharenberg back?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:58 pm

derkd wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, I have not seen much of young Crisp, is he good enough to make our starting line up?

Also, as a side note does anyone know when we can expect Scharenberg back?

Get through the NAB cup and we'll know more about Crisp. May be competing with players like Seedsman, Langdon, Young, Armstrong, Karnezis, Oxley and Sinclair for a few senior spots.

Don't think there has been anything official on Scharenberg but you'd think sometime after mid season he'd start pushing for a VFL return. May or may not get a senior opportunity in 2015.
Bolsheviki 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:05 am

jackcass wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
roar wrote:
Why do I seem to be the only one who is concerned about lack of footskills come out of defence?

That's why I prefer Frost over Toovey and Langdon or Varcoe over Sinclair.

Frost over Langdon for footskills??? No way!! Height maybe, but no way footskills.

I think he was suggesting Frost v Tooves; Langdon/Varcoe v Sinclair.

What I'm suggesting is when everybody is back, Nathan Brown is a shoe in for FB and either Reid goes back to CHB or Keeffe plays as the other tall defender. So then Frost and Tooves are competing for the same position whether it be medium tall defender (Tooves) or another tall defender (Frost). Tooves is better at rebound than Frost, but Frost is the better lock down of the two, so that balances out. But Frost has better foot skills than Tooves and doesn't turn the ball over as much, so I prefer Frost to Tooves.
Marley is a lock in in the back pocket, has good foot skills and is good at rebound. So if Tooves comes up to half back, you have Langdon, Varcoe and Sinclair competing for one position, unless Varcoe plays further up the ground on wing or half forward. So then it's Langdon versus Sinclair. Sinclair is the faster of the two offering more rebound, but Sinclair turns the ball over more than Langdon. For that reason alone I prefer Langdon to Sinclair.

Not sure the players you have chosen are comparable. The lock-ins are, if fit, Brown and Reid (if chosen for defence) and Frost will be the third big defender ala Maxy. Williams is a far better option than Sinclair and Tooves, if fit, is simply the best defender to take on the best small and mid forwards. The other spot should be between Langdon and Seedsman and until Seedsman becomes better one on one, then its Langdon for me.

Dream Still Alive 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:10 am

Round 1 team

Toovey. Brown. Goldsack
Williams. Keeffe. Seedsman
Varcoe. Pendlebury. Sidebottom
Karnezis. Reid. White
Fasolo. Cloke. Elliot
Witts. Swan. Greenwood
Young adams. Blair. Thomas

Round 22 team

Toovey. Brown. Goldsack
Williams keeffe. Seedsman
Swan. Pendlebury. Sidebottom
Broomhead. Reid. White
Kennedy. Cloke. Elliot
Grundy. Adams. Greenwood
Varcoe. Karnezis. Fasolo. Thomas

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Quote:

I prefer Langdon to Sinclair.

Langdon >> Space >> Sinclair
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Two things for sure.

Fasolo will NOT get a game and will be traded / delisted by end of year.

If Reid is selected in the forward line I will throw up!

Simply means we will remain the same!
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:15 pm

No-one seems to be giving Corey Gault much chance of getting a look in for round 1. Didn't he play alright round 23 2014? Surely he is on the senior radar?

Re Jesse White - I am a big believer that he can be a very dangerous playing on the wing - kinda like Matt Richardson did when he nearly won the Brownlow.

Bolsheviki 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:18 am

B. Williams, Brown, Frost

HB. Tooves, Reid, Langdon

C. Varcoe, Greenwood, Sidebottom

HF. Elliott, Cloke, Fasolo

F. Goldy, White, Blair

R. Witts, Pendles, Swan

INTER Dwyer, Grundy, Seedsman, Broomhead.

EMERG Adams, Thomas, Karnezis

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:34 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
No-one seems to be giving Corey Gault much chance of getting a look in for round 1. Didn't he play alright round 23 2014? Surely he is on the senior radar?

Re Jesse White - I am a big believer that he can be a very dangerous playing on the wing - kinda like Matt Richardson did when he nearly won the Brownlow.

Gault would need to have a super preseason to force his way ahead of a couple of other options. May happen but on form to date of all the options, he's a bit down the pecking order.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Two things for sure.

Fasolo will NOT get a game and will be traded / delisted by end of year.

Is that because you think he will be injured? Or do you think a fit Fasolo won't play a game?

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Here are a few things that will contribute to the decision:
- Merit based selection for R1 based on preseason.
- Midfield support for Pendles is a must. So additions of Greenwood, Varcoe and potentially Crisp should be considered.
- A new forward setup is a must. Simply Cloke, Reid and a resting ruck will not be enough. I think inevitably the White addition is doomed to fail. Give him 5 weeks in the two's to work out if he's interested in this AFL caper.
- We need a solid back 6, so enough talk about where Reid will play. We didn't make the finals and he is an AA CHB.
- If we're talking about R1 v Brisbane away it's worth considering big body mids, ex-Bris players and defenders capable of stopping the mosquito fleet.
- I love what Frost and Keeffe did in 2014, but Reid and Brown should be selected first in these positions until proven otherwise.

B: Toovey, Brown, Williams
HB: Sinclair, Reid, Langdon
C: Sidebottom, Swan, Varcoe
HF: Elliott, Gault, Kennedy
F: Karnezis, Cloke, Fasolo
R: Witts, Pendlebury, Greenwood

B: Crisp, Goldsack, Broomhead, Adams
EM (from): Frost, Keeffe, Seedsman, Blair, Thomas, Freeman, Young, Grundy, Dwyer, Moore, Pick 5

Inj: Macaffer, Scharenberg

More than likely this squad would need Grundy playing also, or if not then Keeffe needs to be in the side.

----------
------------
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:36 pm

jackcass wrote:

Gault would need to have a super preseason to force his way ahead of a couple of other options. May happen but on form to date of all the options, he's a bit down the pecking order.

After White Gault is the only other viable forward option we have. I'm one for keeping Reid/Keeffe in the backline and he's the only other player in that height bracket (198cm) who isn't rucking. He's 1cm taller than Hawkins, hoping he can bulk up 10kg (to 105kg) and play a role.

----------
------------
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:25 pm

mackasmatt wrote:
Here are a few things that will contribute to the decision:
- Merit based selection for R1 based on preseason.
- Midfield support for Pendles is a must. So additions of Greenwood, Varcoe and potentially Crisp should be considered.
- A new forward setup is a must. Simply Cloke, Reid and a resting ruck will not be enough. I think inevitably the White addition is doomed to fail. Give him 5 weeks in the two's to work out if he's interested in this AFL caper.
- We need a solid back 6, so enough talk about where Reid will play. We didn't make the finals and he is an AA CHB.
- If we're talking about R1 v Brisbane away it's worth considering big body mids, ex-Bris players and defenders capable of stopping the mosquito fleet.
- I love what Frost and Keeffe did in 2014, but Reid and Brown should be selected first in these positions until proven otherwise.

B: Toovey, Brown, Williams
HB: Sinclair, Reid, Langdon
C: Sidebottom, Swan, Varcoe
HF: Elliott, Gault, Kennedy
F: Karnezis, Cloke, Fasolo
R: Witts, Pendlebury, Greenwood

B: Crisp, Goldsack, Broomhead, Adams
EM (from): Frost, Keeffe, Seedsman, Blair, Thomas, Freeman, Young, Grundy, Dwyer, Moore, Pick 5

Inj: Macaffer, Scharenberg

More than likely this squad would need Grundy playing also, or if not then Keeffe needs to be in the side.

You're playing Gault when you've got 2x guys in Frost and Keeffe who have more runs on the board and can hold down a KDP which in turn frees up Reid to play forward?

I'm a long term Gault fan and even I struggle to see him forcing Frost and Keeffe out of the senior side. Get through pre-season and NAB cup and I might be agreeing with you but way to early to call it at this stage. Maybe more likely he'll be competing with Grundy, White, and Witts in the 3rd tall forward - ruck roles.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:26 pm

mackasmatt wrote:
jackcass wrote:

After White Gault is the only other viable forward option we have. I'm one for keeping Reid/Keeffe in the backline and he's the only other player in that height bracket (198cm) who isn't rucking. He's 1cm taller than Hawkins, hoping he can bulk up 10kg (to 105kg) and play a role.

Rather Reid forward.... but that's just me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: