Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

No to Sanderson!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:01 pm
Post subject: No to Sanderson!Reply with quote

Convenience and mateship shouldn't be a pre requisite for selecting a football director role. This role should go to somebody with clerical, admin and footy experience at club land. Not an ex AFL coach whose 1994 co- habitation with our current coach is the stimulus.

If we need coaching additions then maybe Sando would suit but surely not as an "effective boss to Bucks"!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

His name would not even get mentioned for the role. Laughing
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:07 am

Here's what we do. Bring in Sando as a development/assistant coach because he is an exceptional coach.

Hand the football manager responsibilities over to Gary Pert for the interim (2015). In doing so we avoid paying additional "tax" to the AFL.

Az 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:17 am

Gary Pert as CEO and Director of Football? Unless we want to drive the man into an early grave, I would advise against it.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:12 am
Post subject: Re: No to Sanderson!Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Convenience and mateship shouldn't be a pre requisite for selecting a football director role. This role should go to somebody with clerical, admin and footy experience at club land. Not an ex AFL coach whose 1994 co- habitation with our current coach is the stimulus.

If we need coaching additions then maybe Sando would suit but surely not as an "effective boss to Bucks"!

Every sentence deserves a tick.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:45 am

Agree. I personally felt that Eade was a good addition to the coaching / admin team at the club. Maturity and experience are prerequisites that I feel Sando falls short on in any case.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:42 pm

I can't imagine they'd look at Sando for the job, it needs someone older or at least more experienced.
NOW, if Bomber Thompson isn't the perfect man for this particular job I'd LOVE to know why! He has over a decade of experience in all manner of roles, he was Premiership captain and assistant coach under the most successful coach of modern times (even though he's just a cranky old nut job now), he won Geelong, the ugliest side in history, three flags (of course I count 2011, do you think it was Scott?!), and has stepped in as interim coach in extraordinary circumstances and somehow got that rabble to the finals. He has intelligence and humour and if (God forbid!) we dropped our coach halfway through 2015 we'd have someone in a perfect position to take over, even if it was only temporarily.

And before you give me the drug scandal stuff, he was the one guy on the senior football staff who got only a minor fine, he clearly didn't know there was a suspect program going on. Anyone who knows the guys character knows he'd never cop that kinda crap. The fact he's been able to keep his gob shut about the whole thing despite his media role (ironically alongside Eade), says a lot.

I put forward the motion for M. Thompson as D of F.

Also, he wouldn't be in the box to spray Bucks with Coke!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Heizenberg 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:29 pm

35forever wrote:
I can't imagine they'd look at Sando for the job, it needs someone older or at least more experienced.
NOW, if Bomber Thompson isn't the perfect man for this particular job I'd LOVE to know why! He has over a decade of experience in all manner of roles, he was Premiership captain and assistant coach under the most successful coach of modern times (even though he's just a cranky old nut job now), he won Geelong, the ugliest side in history, three flags (of course I count 2011, do you think it was Scott?!), and has stepped in as interim coach in extraordinary circumstances and somehow got that rabble to the finals. He has intelligence and humour and if (God forbid!) we dropped our coach halfway through 2015 we'd have someone in a perfect position to take over, even if it was only temporarily.

And before you give me the drug scandal stuff, he was the one guy on the senior football staff who got only a minor fine, he clearly didn't know there was a suspect program going on. Anyone who knows the guys character knows he'd never cop that kinda crap. The fact he's been able to keep his gob shut about the whole thing despite his media role (ironically alongside Eade), says a lot.

I agree with 35forever. Shocked
bomber is obviously who we should be going hard for as assistance in the coaching box. however im not even sure rocket had much of a role in the coaches box, I thought he was more an admin type. & I think scotty burns might be our assistant coach but these days theres lots of assistant coaches, so the more the merrier eh. having said that, appointing sando as an assistant certainly wouldn't disappoint me.

Az 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:43 pm

35forever wrote:

Posted this in the other thread, but it's still relevant..

Bomber is and still wants to be a coach. We are after a director of football. Even if he decided to join us in the role, how many seasons before another coaching job opens up and Bomber is poached just like Rocket? We need to find a man who is absolutely 100% committed to being the director of football at Collingwood, not a coach who still has the fire in the belly. Now if there was a senior assistant or senior coaching slot opening up at the Pies, that's when you would inquire about his availability.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Heizenberg wrote:

bomber is obviously who we should be going hard for as assistance in the coaching box. however im not even sure rocket had much of a role in the coaches box, I thought he was more an admin type. & I think scotty burns might be our assistant coach but these days theres lots of assistant coaches, so the more the merrier eh. having said that, appointing sando as an assistant certainly wouldn't disappoint me.

eade's original role was director of coaching and football strategy then he assumed the role of director of football when geoff walsh departed. there would have been a game day element in the former role which carried over to the current role.

harvey is bucks' senior assistant with grace, burns and hart his line coaches. not sure what role sanderson would or could fulfil. there is a vacancy at vfl level for a line development coach but can't see sanderson doing that. maybe they could reinstate a coaching & football strategy role which could accomodate a sanderson type. you'd still need a head of football operations type role that oversaw the footy department.

Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:05 pm

We should not be looking at ANYONE who still harbors an ambition to coach again. Blokes like Chocco Williams is ideal for the position.

Sanderson, no thanks.. Need an wiser administrator type football man to take this position.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:43 pm

The DOC role was developed to mentor Buckley, so the person appointed needs to be an experienced head coach. How does Sanderson, Neeld etc. meet that criteria?
surfer1 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Have I missed something, has he been offered the job or are these meaningless posts
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:22 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
The DOC role was developed to mentor Buckley, so the person appointed needs to be an experienced head coach. How does Sanderson, Neeld etc. meet that criteria?

the doc role is no longer.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:52 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:

I think Mark Williams would meet that role and considering he's an ex-Collingwood player I like the idea of taking him off Richmond's hands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: