Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood Levi Greenwood (Official)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
I've spent the last 3 seasons moaning about Beams' failure to pick up his opponent. I really, really don't want a Beams replacement.

I noted this a lot more this year. Beams for all his great offensive play, his defensive game left a lot to be desired.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:29 am

Welcome to Collingwood Levi Very Happy

I'm absolutely stoked by this recruitment. Greenwood is easily my favourite recruit out of him, Crisp and Varcoe. After a great year for North and finishing equal runner up in their best and fairest I'm very optimistic that he can continue that form heading into next year.

Greenwood will be a handy player as we did lack a little mongrel in the team before he was recruited so the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Swan may thrive in his presence in the midfield. I just hope he doesn't play as a tagger next year as that will hinder his development in the side.

Very pleased by this recruitment and I think Greenwood will be a great player for the club for the next five years hopefully. While North Melbourne fans won't admit it, but his absence hurts them a lot and I think we should be thrilled that we have him now.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Quote:
Greenwood will be a handy player as we did lack a little mongrel in the team before he was recruited so the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Swan may thrive in his presence in the midfield. I just hope he doesn't play as a tagger next year as that will hinder his development in the side.

Bucks told him he will play in the Midfield

themonk 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:

True, but Bucks or Hine also stated that he can be utilised as a run with player, especially with Macaffer out for most of the year.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:32 pm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/North-melbourne-signed-levi-greenwood-afl-kangaroos-/131328285616?pt=AU_Sport_AFL_Merchandise&hash=item1e93c69bb0

That game was against us. I put in an offer but the seller counter offered.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:27 pm

themonk wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:

True, but Bucks or Hine also stated that he can be utilised as a run with player, especially with Macaffer out for most of the year.

Both of you are correct. In reality it's difficult to establish how Buckley and his coaching staff will utilise Greenwood.

I hope he's not bogged down as playing as a run with player. He played a lot better when he had the freedom to do so and the onus was on his opponent to tag him out of the game. That's why he finished equal second in North Melbourne's best and fairest. I think the pre-season may give us an idea of how he'll be played in 2015.

If we wanted a tagger for a year to cover Macaffer assuming he doesn't come back immediately in round 1 we should consider Clinton Jones despite his shocking kicking abilities. Admittedly, that's a real weaknesses that would most likely prevent us from looking at him strongly and I can only see him being a back-up player at best.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: