Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lions continue to mock us through twitter

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkstranger wrote:
Aish puts contract talks on hold, who would have guessed? He who laughs last laughs the longest, the ox is slow but the Earth is patient, swings and roundabouts, every dog has its day!

Feel free to add Smile

It's a beautiful thing. Looking forward to him walking to Adelaide for pick 26 while Crisp gets 3rd in our B&F

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Aish puts contract talks on hold, who would have guessed? He who laughs last laughs the longest, the ox is slow but the Earth is patient, swings and roundabouts, every dog has its day!

Feel free to add Smile

He's doing a Daisy on them (sorta), there is no chance on earth he'll ever resign with them, they just don't know it yet. They knew the risks when they drafted him but over and over we keep seeing clubs pretend to themselves that once they've got the lads involved in the 'culture' of their club.. that they will stay.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:17 pm

You can spin it anyway you want but who the hell wants to play with a made up irrelevant club / city like Brisbane? Seriously a non footy state with no significance!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:19 pm

No I don't think I can do spin it you want but who the hell wants to play with a made up irrelevant club city like Brisbane.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Sherwood Pie wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:
I was thinking last night about Dayne's tweets, I can't see one of his wishes coming true. Dayne's brother is just an average footballer and I'm of the belief he is a midfielder. With Dayne coming in and also Christensen can't see Claye being in the best 22.

This is going to be interesting next year to see if Brisbane play Claye. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Funny thing - my son played a few games in the Lions ressies this year with both Claye Beams and Crisp in the side. He reckoned in one game the opposition gave it to Claye all day: "Hey, I know you! Aren't you Dayne Beams' brother?" Unfortunately for him I think that's all he will be and you are right - he'll be lucky to play alongside his brother. My lad also reckons Crisp is a really top bloke - he was quick to take the top up Academy boys under his wing and help them through both on and off the field.

Good stuff

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:49 am

Darkstranger wrote:
You can spin it anyway you want but who the hell wants to play with a made up irrelevant club / city like Brisbane? Seriously a non footy state with no significance!

Spot on, my late grandma was a die hard Fitzroy fan for over ninety years, and when the League killed off her beloved Royboys, and packed the remains off to Brisvegas, she wanted nothing to do with them. I still recall her saying they are just pretend Lions, its a farce, and she will never support them, and she didn't. Exclamation Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:29 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

Spot on, my late grandma was a die hard Fitzroy fan for over ninety years, and when the League killed off her beloved Royboys, and packed the remains off to Brisvegas, she wanted nothing to do with them. I still recall her saying they are just pretend Lions, its a farce, and she will never support them, and she didn't. Exclamation Razz

Yep I see the swans the same way,

Heizenberg 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:49 pm

round 1 will be like a grand final, particularly for the pies. we will smash em.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Sherwood Pie wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:
I was thinking last night about Dayne's tweets, I can't see one of his wishes coming true. Dayne's brother is just an average footballer and I'm of the belief he is a midfielder. With Dayne coming in and also Christensen can't see Claye being in the best 22.

This is going to be interesting next year to see if Brisbane play Claye. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Funny thing - my son played a few games in the Lions ressies this year with both Claye Beams and Crisp in the side. He reckoned in one game the opposition gave it to Claye all day: "Hey, I know you! Aren't you Dayne Beams' brother?" Unfortunately for him I think that's all he will be and you are right - he'll be lucky to play alongside his brother. My lad also reckons Crisp is a really top bloke - he was quick to take the top up Academy boys under his wing and help them through both on and off the field.

Are you able to provide your sons name? Is he likely to get some senior games this year? I really like the look of Crisp, it's funny reports are knocking his kicking yet he was top 10 in his draft year of 2011 at 83%, if he can get near that in the seniors he'll be up with Pendles.

Sherwood Pie Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
Sherwood Pie wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:

Are you able to provide your sons name? Is he likely to get some senior games this year? I really like the look of Crisp, it's funny reports are knocking his kicking yet he was top 10 in his draft year of 2011 at 83%, if he can get near that in the seniors he'll be up with Pendles.

He's 17 so 2015 will be another year as a top-up player in the ressies if and when needed.

Last edited by Sherwood Pie on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:28 pm

You can stuff Brisbane right up by simply not flying up there or attending Round 1. They will budget for a big crowd and if barely anyone turns up they lose $$. There is no way I am flying up there and attending and giving the Bears any of my hard earned $$.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Here we have a moment were the Moker become the Mokee by a simple action such as wearing a ridiculous jumper.

Sorry Dane but you are not a Jedi I mean Magpie anymore.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Those colours clash pretty horribly with his tatts IMO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: