Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We will finish top 4 in 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 pm
Post subject: We will finish top 4 in 2015Reply with quote

OK, I've decided to stick my head out and predict we'll finish in the top 4 next year.

How can I say that after we finished 10th (or was it 11th?) this year?

Remember, we were in the 8 and equal 2nd at the half way mark of the season before the physical and mental demands of a long season, coupled with a few crippling injuries to key players, all became too much for our young side and we limped through the latter part of the season.

Next year, however, our young brigade will be stronger, fitter and faster after another full pre-season. So where will the improvement come from? It will come from all our youngsters all over the ground, but none more so than in the ruck, where Witts and Grundy will begin to stamp their claim as the best ruck combination in the AFL. IMO, rucks win Premierships, which is why we won in 2010 with Jolly. They will give us first use of the ball and enable our gun midfield brigade of Pendles, a new boy called Dane Swan, Adams, Greenwood and Freeman to play the game on our terms.

Up forward, we will have a fully fit Cloke ready to fire, aided by Reid and young gun Darcy Moore. As well, Karnezis and Fasolo will emerge as big goal kickers alongside Broomhead and Elliott who will run amok as crumbing forwards.

In defence, Keeffe, Frost and Langdon will be better after another pre-season and Sinclair, Williams, Crisp and Varcoe will provide plenty of run out of defence.

All in all we should win 4 extra games next year, to put us in top 4 contention. Can't wait. Bring it on. Go Pies!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of Sir Humphrey: that's a "courageous decision" Minister.

I could ask if you've been asked to show cause to ASADA recently but I won't. Razz Wink

I like your optimism & faith. If you were saying 2016 I think you'd be closer to the mark (IMO)

Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:07 pm

Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:50 pm
Post subject: Re: We will finish top 4 in 2015Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
OK, I've decided to stick my head out and predict we'll finish in the top 4 next year.

Remember, we were in the 8 and equal 2nd at the half way mark of the season before the physical and mental demands of a long season, coupled with a few crippling injuries to key players, all became too much for our young side and we limped through the latter part of the season.

Next year, however, our young brigade will be stronger, fitter and faster after another full pre-season. So where will the improvement come from? It will come from all our youngsters all over the ground, but none more so than in the ruck, where Witts and Grundy will begin to stamp their claim as the best ruck combination in the AFL. IMO, rucks win Premierships, which is why we won in 2010 with Jolly. They will give us first use of the ball and enable our gun midfield brigade of Pendles, a new boy called Dane Swan, Adams, Greenwood and Freeman to play the game on our terms.

Up forward, we will have a fully fit Cloke ready to fire, aided by Reid and young gun Darcy Moore. As well, Karnezis and Fasolo will emerge as big goal kickers alongside Broomhead and Elliott who will run amok as crumbing forwards.

In defence, Keeffe, Frost and Langdon will be better after another pre-season and Sinclair, Williams, Crisp and Varcoe will provide plenty of run out of defence.

All in all we should win 4 extra games next year, to put us in top 4 contention. Can't wait. Bring it on. Go Pies!

Given a remotely good run with injury, I'm with you.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Given a remotely good run with injury, I'm with you.

Yeah, I'm happy to go out on that limb.

A few things go right and some of the kids make further progress and it's definitely a possibility.

Very confident we'll finish closer to top 4 than bottom 4 as some are predicting.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Geez, I hope u guys are right. My tip is 6th.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:39 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Geez, I hope u guys are right. My tip is 6th.

Said previously that 5-6 to 10 depending on how things play out. That was without Greenwood, Varcoe and Crisp. Or pick 5 and 30 for that matter. The further along we go, the more confident I get so 4 not beyond the realms of possibility. Be a hell of a ride anyway!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:39 pm

you had me until the word "Keeffe"
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:44 pm

inxs88 wrote:
you had me until the word "Keeffe"

Very harsh, kids played about 40 games.

Loved Presti, was convinced he'd make it, but gees he coped a lot of supporter ridicule when he first started, people just couldn't see the potential in him. Keeffe's well ahead of where Presti was at the same time in his career. Hopefully he can eclipse the great man when he assesses his career in 10-12 years time.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:51 pm

People who think we can't make the four must be assuming that we will cop heaps of injuries again because if we don't, you cannot draw a line through our early season form and the players we were already missing and conclude we aren't a premiership hope in 2015, especially factoring natural, reasonable improvement by 8-10 players which isn't countered by any natural, reasonable decline at all.

Great post RB

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:15 pm

If injuries don't occur like they have in the last 3-4 years & if we can get some games out of our first two picks this year let alone from our first two picks from last year (no 10 especially) then we are a chance for the top 8.

Top 4 will need a few other unknowns going "our" way including the draw.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:36 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
OK, I've decided to stick my head out and predict we'll finish in the top 4 next year

Yes Cool .... just yes Cool Razz Cool

E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:00 am

I agree with you.

If we can just get Maxwell, Shaw, Daisy, Didak, Leon, Harry, Jolly, Beams and Leigh Brown back on the park and playing with their 2010 form, we are a very good shot at top 4.

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 am

With you, Rudey. Let's go Pies. Unleash the kids.
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:08 am

Even with no injuries I suspect that Hawthorn, Port, Fremantle & Sydney are better than us.

Let's be realistic people, we just lost Maxwell, Ball & Beams. It doesn't matter how many games they played last season but there experience & knowledge will be missed.

Hopefully the youngsters we have brought in will have us contending again in 2-3 years time, but top 4 next year? although not impossible, highly unlikely.

I'd be satisfied if we made the finals & some of the kids get a taste for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: