Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Abbott to 'shirtfront' Putin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
Pravda shows that even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Mr. Green

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/15/pravda-lashes-tony-abbott-disturbed-threat-shirtfront-vladimir-putin

Quote:
Pravda has described Tony Abbott as “a disturbed mind crying out for therapy”: after his threat to “shirtfront” the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, in Brisbane.

Jeez, they don't even know the Mad Misogynist Miners Monk & have such a good understanding of him Very Happy

I suggest you do some checking on the twat who wrote the article for Pravda before you both pay for membership in his fan club. Razz Wink

Still the Pravda journalist can pick character pretty well. Got The Mad Misogynist Monk down to a tee. Don't you agree Wink Razz

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:07 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/15/pravda-lashes-tony-abbott-disturbed-threat-shirtfront-vladimir-putin

Quote:
Pravda has described Tony Abbott as “a disturbed mind crying out for therapy”: after his threat to “shirtfront” the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, in Brisbane.

Jeez, they don't even know the Mad Misogynist Miners Monk & have such a good understanding of him Very Happy

I suggest you do some checking on the twat who wrote the article for Pravda before you both pay for membership in his fan club. Razz Wink

Still the Pravda journalist can pick character pretty well. Got The Mad Misogynist Monk down to a tee. Don't you agree Wink Razz

Considering he's not even actually a journalist but an anti semetic failed pommy musician, I'll take your word for it. Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:12 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

Quote:

Considering he's not even actually a journalist but an anti semetic failed pommy musician, I'll take your word for it. Wink

That goes with the territory in the USSR - especially Pravda.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Not Tony Abbott's finest hour and in the context of what he was trying to say it was pretty stupid.

I hope that we can have a civilised discussion with Putin during the G20 meeting next month even though the current relations are tense as we speak. Abbott does no favours by making comments like this which will further aggravate the growing tensions between him and us. We shouldn't tolerate the way Putin handled the MH17 affair but we shouldn't be creating an enemy in him either. He's a powerful leader with resounding global influence.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:36 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

Quote:

As I said, even a stopped clock... the people who write for Pravda are the kind of slime merchants that even Murdoch would refuse to publish. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy his description of the honourable PM.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:38 pm

Oh those people.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:49 pm

Best comment I heard about Tone's quote:
- "Abbott must be bringing Byron Pickett along as part of Putin's welcoming party". Laughing Laughing

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:29 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Best comment I heard about Tone's quote:
- "Abbott must be bringing Byron Pickett along as part of Putin's welcoming party". Laughing Laughing

That I would seriously like to see.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Me too! Perhaps Byron could take them both out with one hit.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:20 pm

Last month in one of Abbott finest acts of international diplomacy he promised to shirtfront Putin! ("You bet I will!!!")
As a polite rebuttal Putin sends us part of the Russian Pacific fleet.

Presumably he wants to deliver the P.M (and Australia) a "broad-side"!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/25496667/russian-warships-bearing-down-on-australia/

Lucky for us we have the guns at Fort Nepean and HMVS (submarine) Cerberus!
That'll give those rude pesky Russians a bloody nose they'll not soon forget!

tEAM aBBOTT!!!
Ra Ra rah!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Yeah we should be concerned being as we are the biggest floating aircraft carrier around and we have a few big ships.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/a-brand-new-27000-tonne-australian-navy-ship-was-damaged-during-maiden-sea-trials/story-e6frfrnr-1226943454150

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:49 pm

1. It aint an aircraft carrier (it's a Landing helicopter dock) and it isn't that big.
(It's really only good for supporting troop landings and sub hunting).

2. They are sending the flagship of the Russian Navy’s Black Sea Fleet, the nuclear armed* missile cruiser Moskva a couple of destroyers and a replenishment ship (they may send a nuclear sub or two but I doubt they'd tell us about that)!

3. HMAS Canberra just damaged itself on it's maiden sea trials (how ironic!).

Those Ruskies must be quaking in their boots!

*with the ability to carry nuclear armed SA-N-6 surface-to-air missiles

Last edited by 3.14159 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:53 pm

1. The damage was caused by idiot contractors who didn't know how to sail the damn thing.

2. Russia's Navy is a pile of shit
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Are those Russian yubs even going to make it this far? It's one deal playing in the shallow pool they usually float in, it's a whole different gig coming here in real open water.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Wokko wrote:
The damage was caused by idiot contractors who didn't know how to sail the damn thing.
2. Russia's Navy is a pile of shit.

1. Unlike our latest offering Russia's navy is sea-worthy.

Stui wrote:

Are those Russian yubs even going to make it this far? It's one deal playing in the shallow pool they usually float in, it's a whole different gig coming here in real open water.

The Russian fleet sail in every ocean in the world!
Put ANY of our tubs/yubs up against the flagship of the Black sea fleet (and it's attendants) or to even think we'd have any chance of even damaging them is wishful thinking (on a grand & lunatic scale)!

Oh and by the way, why are they there in the first place?
... Because we have an idiot bullying leader who thinks chest thumping is statesmanship and polls are all that matter!
Australia should be afraid!
Our pommie P.M is a serious danger to his adopted countries security!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: