Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Caro saying Hird likely to be sacked tomorrow

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
buzzlightyear wrote:
I recall the statement / rationale to 'bone' Matthew Knights, was in part the money Essendon were losing through loss of membership and sponsors. And that Hirds signature would turn that around.

Adding another ~$1m settlement to Dean Robinson, this has to be the most expensive coaching change of all time.

Their financial statements will make interesting reading. before their move to Essendon airport, I recall they had $12m in the bank. Not so much now....

Yes but doesn't it warm your heart to know that our profits, massive contribution to tv rights, and the equalisation fund will pay for their troubles and they will probably finish ahead of us next year after their players get off on a deal once hird is sacked.

I love it, personally. Just like I enjoy Brisbane and the Blooz using our money to thieve our players.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:44 pm

WTF!

Essendon once again choosing to stand behind the person responsible for bringing their club into disrepute, rather than the players who will bhave potential health problems for years to come.

Essendon retains James Hird as AFL head coach
ABC Online - Mon 6 Oct 2014, 4:37pm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-06/essendon-retains-hird-as-coach/5793484?section=sport

The Essendon board has today decided to retain James Hird as head coach.

The board met today to consider Hird's future, after the coach appealed a recent Federal Court judgement regarding ASADA's investigation into Essendon's supplements program in 2011.

Chairman Paul Little, in a statement issued by the club, said the board resolved to retain its existing football structure "in the immediate term".

"As such, the Board believes it would be potentially reckless to make any decisions of significance until there is further clarity on these crucial matters," Little said.

What do you think about Essendon's decision? Have your say.
"The Board recognises the rights of James to pursue his appeal of the recent Federal Court decision.

"James remains senior coach of the Essendon Football Club and will work closely with other members of the Football Department during this particularly important trade and planning period in preparation for the 2015 season.

"The Board has set no timeframe on further considering these matters, however, will monitor developments as they occur."

Little said discussions had been held with "key relevant parties" in the hope the ASADA process can be expedited and completed before the end of the year.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:41 pm

How would you like your senior drug cheating coach to be in his position, only because the board who wants him out can't afford another wrongful dismissal claim. What a great platform to launch your 2015 season.

And no player would want to be traded to them. How the hell do they get the Ryder deal done?

More pain for those sucks.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Damien wrote:
How would you like your senior drug cheating coach to be in his position, only because the board who wants him out can't afford another wrongful dismissal claim. What a great platform to launch your 2015 season.

And no player would want to be traded to them. How the hell do they get the Ryder deal done?

More pain for those sucks.

I agree completely with you.

Caro has egg all over her face of course, but Essendon? What a pathetic club. The NRL have already struck a deal with ASADA while the AFL let it drag on. The AFL should have said to Paul Little, either you get rid of Hird or we deregister your club immediately! Evil or Very Mad

How the hell can you have a coach who threatens to sue the club out of existence if he doesn't coach? And now they'll lose their best asset in Bomber Thompson. Welcome to the Gold Coast Bomber.

But my hatred for Hird the Turd is as great as anyone I have ever known in footy. Go and die you piece of **** until you learn to take responsibility for your actions! There is one thing for sure, his coaching career in the AFL is as dead as a dodo after he leaves Essendon.

I suggest that if he coaches next year the Collingwood fans should all chant en masse, "F*** off Hird you Turd!!!"

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:14 am

is this a Dr Phil moment: " What were you thinkin' boy?"

or a Gareth Evans moment: "It seemed like a good idea at the time..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: