Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why is the Mitch Clark thread closed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Good grief, there's a 14 page thread in the DTM forum, go look for it Laughing

not many people can be bothered visiting 20 different forums in the small amount of time they have to get their Collingwood fix.....

If I want a quick 'Collingwood fix" I stay within General Discussion, where I shouldn't need to wade through countless pages of wild speculation about players from other clubs.

Draft and Trade talk is one extra board which is extremely busy at this time of the year. Draft/Trade talk is not everyone's cup of tea, so it gives people the option of seeing it or not seeing it. What's wrong with a bit of choice?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:56 pm

He has joined Dads Army down at Sleepy Hollow, the care factor now for him in any way, shape or form, is precisely zero. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:43 am

E wrote:
King Malta wrote:

not many people can be bothered visiting 20 different forums in the small amount of time they have to get their Collingwood fix.

Most of us consider any thread that is not in general discussion as having been moved to a place to rot in hell.

The simplicity of this forum used to be its strength. Afterall, a thread can so easily be ignored if it is something you aren't interested in. If no one responds to a thread I would argue that there is no interest and it could be removed for lack of interest, but I think if the thread gets to 14 pages, it has proved itself to be something that the users of the site want to have on the site.

Clearly anything that gets moved is still on the "site", and there are many threads in the Draft & Trade Forum with more than 14 pages that never saw the light of day in General Discussion. Perhaps you're just not visiting it enough?

I agree in principle that too many forums on a bulletin board can be a weakness, but Nick's really doesn't have that many major subforums. By my count, it has three for AFL discussion (one of which is only really active from August to November), one for our VFL team, one for general non-sporting discussion, and one for feedback about the board. Most of the other forums are much smaller and only rarely visited (perhaps the Sports Bar might be an exception). Is that really so many to keep track of? I think you'll find far more people appreciate the partitioning of GD and the Draft/Trade forum than those who are put out by having to visit a second subforum.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:50 am

David wrote:
E wrote:
King Malta wrote:

not many people can be bothered visiting 20 different forums in the small amount of time they have to get their Collingwood fix.

Most of us consider any thread that is not in general discussion as having been moved to a place to rot in hell.

The simplicity of this forum used to be its strength. Afterall, a thread can so easily be ignored if it is something you aren't interested in. If no one responds to a thread I would argue that there is no interest and it could be removed for lack of interest, but I think if the thread gets to 14 pages, it has proved itself to be something that the users of the site want to have on the site.

Clearly anything that gets moved is still on the "site", and there are many threads in the Draft & Trade Forum with more than 14 pages that never saw the light of day in General Discussion. Perhaps you're just not visiting it enough?

I agree in principle that too many forums on a bulletin board can be a weakness, but Nick's really doesn't have that many major subforums. By my count, it has three for AFL discussion (one of which is only really active from August to November), one for our VFL team, one for general non-sporting discussion, and one for feedback about the board. Most of the other forums are much smaller and only rarely visited (perhaps the Sports Bar might be an exception). Is that really so many to keep track of? I think you'll find far more people appreciate the partitioning of GD and the Draft/Trade forum than those who are put out by having to visit a second subforum.

Fair enough but I souls argue that discussing how mitch Clarke came to pass on collingwood and his unique situation takes it beyond trading and more relevant here. Anyway we have enough agent smiths on here and I don't want to be another

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: