Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

In Collingwood We Love

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joff. In a week where Nick's has gone mad, that's just what I needed.
Could we get the cheer squad to sing this next year before each game? Very Happy Very Happy

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 pm

Wow, there's some fantastic footage in there.

I'm in awe of you Youtube guys who know how to do all that. My skills are limited to cutting and pasting a Word document.

Great stuff, definitely a save!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Awesome!!! But in saying that, we must stop resting on our laurels' Keep up the good work Joff and co. !!!
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 am
Post subject: Great videoReply with quote

Just saw the 1953 flag for the first time
Pointed out to my wife John Greening and why my duffle coat must be retained.
A bit of Phil Carmen, Sir Scott Burns and more of the great man would have been nice but wonderful clip

Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:16 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Awesome!!! But in saying that, we must stop resting on our laurels' Keep up the good work Joff and co. !!!

Yep let's throw all club memorabilia and memories in the shitter. They serve no purpose in this new enlightened age.

It's a new dawn. Year zero begins. Sack Buckley bring in Pol Pot.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:20 am

Well I held it together, til I saw JMac and then the pic of the three best mates a week after that awful day ....

Brilliant Joffa, so many good memories, from when I was a kid in the cheer squad at vic park, to attending with my daughter the last few years, bloody brilliant, thankYOU xxx

SuperSwede 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:04 am
Post subject: Re: In Collingwood We LoveReply with quote

Thank you Joffa

I must confess however that I became a Little bit pissed off when we visited the ABBA museum with some Aussie friends and saw some footage of Agnetha (the blonde one) from their Australian tour sporting a Carlton jumper. Pretty disgusting. But I will admit that Benny is a very gifted musician.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:49 am

My favourite hymn and my favourite tribe, thanks Joff. Side by bloody side, forever.
neds elbow 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:08 am

Wonderful work Joffa.
Brings back so many great memories.
Still get incredibly angry every time I see footage of John Greening & think of what might have been.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:31 am

NO rare old footage of the 1958 GF Joffa ? I have seen it, kinda sepia now, but quite good. Anyway, you did a real sterling job on this, many great memories of ol Vic Park too, when I wore a younger mans clothes !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Flashman wrote:
Sensational stuff Joffa.

A quick question, was that "Nut's" slotting one of his 1299 at the very start of the video?

A bit hard to tell but if so that is some awesome rare footage.

Yes i believe so mate.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:44 pm

How much?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:17 pm

I can feel a decent size rant coming on so please forgive me but its nice to talk about Collingwood.

How good is the footage of the Yarra Falls End Parochial Proud and Passioned I think everyone at some stage has stood at the Yarra Falls End of Victoria Park.

We really need to Re identify ourselves with the Yarra Falls End if that makes sense..We need to feel Collingwood it is spiritual as it is physical we need to get excited about this great club and feel a part of it, In recent years off field Collingwood has become bigger than onfield Collingwood this has saddened me somewhat.

Earlier this season forgive me for saying so but I did not like Collingwood, I did not like the MCG, I loathe Etihad Stadium. Our supporters were staying away their was little or no atmosphere, God forbid we were low on passion, I would walk down the aisle way and wonder what the hell was I doing here, It was boring with no excitement, I felt this way for a few weeks until I realised how selfish I was being.

I reinvented myself as a supporter I quickly found the passion and stepped up with the belief that without Collingwood in our lives our lives would be empty. Ok we have friends and families and they are as equally important as Collingwood but if you were to take away Collingwood our hearts would be heavy and empty.

Then I tried to figure out why are we Collingwood, lets be honest our onfield success since say post World War 2 era has not been too flash and im not about to shit bag our history and or club legends it is what it is, But there is more to Collingwood than premierships their is that magical presence of Collingwood that one cannot put into words, Its the friendship its standing in the terraces with comrades, Its singing Good Old Collingwood Forever.

Its the jumper the famous Black and White stripes that we all hold so dearly to our minds and hearts. To be Collingwood regardless of what Collingwood does is what being Collingwood is all about..We will always support this club we are not just mere part time followers we support this club with joy with heartache and sometimes confusion, we are at times bewildered by Collingwood as we are excited. Each emotion makes us more Collingwood if that makes sense.

I wrote it all down on paper I came up with the conclusion after many many words that we are Collingwood because of Collingwood I cannot put it anymore simple than that, We are Collingwood because of Collingwood.

Our club has to get savvy and bring the supporters with it, Let us be who we are, let us be a little bit of that wonderful Yarra Falls End..Lets re invent who we are, what we are, The three P's Parochial Proud and Passionate should be the catch cry of the day.

I remember with great fondness the great community Nicks Board bought us all some thirteen years ago when things were tough lets recreate some of that community as we strive to rebuild, load the guns and go again.

Thank you for liking the youtube clip your kind words are appreciated.

How lucky and blessed we are to be Collingwood people, It brings so much joy to our lives. Lets celebrate Collingwood Lets Be Collingwood Lets create excitement and lets get excited.

I watch this emotional youtube clip with wet eyes and im excited because lets be a little honest without Collingwood in our lives well we would be nothing I hope I have not been over dramatic by saying that but have a think about it, Where would we as people and as a community without Collingwood.

I love Collingwood and just like everyone on Nicks Board we will always be Collingwood.

It is me
It is you
It is us.

Floreat Pica

Thank you Smile

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:17 pm

What a joy it is to be reminded that there are supporters who are still willing to come and out and say "I love Collingwood". Full stop. End of story.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Beautifully and perfectly said, Joffa.

"To be Collingwood regardless of what Collingwood does is what being Collingwood is all about ". Sums it all up for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: